Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
woo hoo, like fresh snow

snowangel1.jpg

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Apparently there is a bug going around. Laich had it, but nobody really cares about him...

Clune had a minor injury yesterday. I think he took a hard shot, so he should be fine unless he broke something (it doesn't seem that serious though).

Leipsic and Kapanen were supposed to play today, and were game time decisions yesterday, which tells me it's likely the flu.

Michalek wasn't playing today, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was sick as well.

Everyone should be healthy again after the Christmas break. They get 8 days off, so that's plenty of time to get over some illnesses and some bruises.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Apparently there is a bug going around. Laich had it, but nobody really cares about him...

Clune had a minor injury yesterday. I think he took a hard shot, so he should be fine unless he broke something (it doesn't seem that serious though).

Leipsic and Kapanen were supposed to play today, and were game time decisions yesterday, which tells me it's likely the flu.

Michalek wasn't playing today, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was sick as well.

Everyone should be healthy again after the Christmas break. They get 8 days off, so that's plenty of time to get over some illnesses and some bruises.

Cheers!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Anything on Freddy the goat? Seems like I haven't read anything about the guy in a while. Is he approaching busy territory? When I went to a bunch of Marlies games last year I remember thinking that he wouldn't look out of place on the fourth line in the nhl.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Anything on Freddy the goat? Seems like I haven't read anything about the guy in a while. Is he approaching busy territory? When I went to a bunch of Marlies games last year I remember thinking that he wouldn't look out of place on the fourth line in the nhl.

He was a favourite of Babcock in the pre-season. He's still projecting well for that 4th line C role, but there wouldn't appear to be much upside past that. I think he's being cooked in the slow cooker. He'll finish out his ELC in the AHL for the most part and come up when he loses waiver exemption. There are some other guys ahead of him.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

It's the Lou-Flu. It happens when someone coming off IR needs to play.;)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015

Some people are concerned , that his scoring has slowed down.., but I am seeing a young rookie who is learning the N.A. Defensive game, first... and will be adding his offensive game back, shortly... I've waited a long time., for the day to see him play in the NHL..

Johnsson.0.0.jpeg

Andreas Johnson
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Nov 21 1994 -- Gavle, Sweden
21 yrs. ago
Height 5.10 -- Weight 183

RECENT STATS:

2015-16 Frolunda HC Indians - SHL
52 Games... 19 Goals... 25 Assists... 44 Points... +8
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 SHL PLAYOFFS
16 Games... 2 Goals... 2 Assists... 4 Points... +3
2015-16 Team Sweden - Euro. Hockey Tour
2 Games... 0 Goal... 1 Assist... 1 Point... +/- 0
2015-16 - Frolunda HC Indians - *CHL (*Champions - on loan)
10 Games... 3 Goals... 7 Assists... 10 Points... -3 *PPG
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL PLAYOFFS
2 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... -1
*2016-17 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
27 Games... 7 Goals... 6 Assists... 13 Points... +3

Sweet Johnsson: Andreas Johnsson 2016-17 Highlights - TML (HD)

Last edited:

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
He was a favourite of Babcock in the pre-season. He's still projecting well for that 4th line C role, but there wouldn't appear to be much upside past that. I think he's being cooked in the slow cooker. He'll finish out his ELC in the AHL for the most part and come up when he loses waiver exemption. There are some other guys ahead of him.

I think he will be called up soon.:sarcasm:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Some people are concerned , that his scoring has slowed down.., but I am seeing a young rookie who is learning the N.A. Defensive game, first... and will be adding his offensive game back, shortly... I've waited a long time., for the day to see him play in the NHL..

Agreed! His game is steadily getting better and he is playing a north south game now. His last two games you can see he's improving.​

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Agreed! His game is steadily getting better and he is playing a north south game now. His last two games you can see he's improving.

Agreed.. His two-way game is what he seems to be focusing on.. The offensive side, I have no worries about..
Hope his debut is on an HNIC night..

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Interesting article by Brock Otten on potential OHL trades. Desrochers, Bracco and Korostelev are all mentioned with two of them predicted to be on the move.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/

Sorry if this has already appeared. It was new to me.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Grundstrom scored the winner for Sweden today in their warm-up game. Hoping for a big tournament.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
What leaf players are on (or potentially could be on) teams during the WJHC?

Bracco with USA
Gundstrom with Sweden

and?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad