Post-Game Talk: Dirty Booins take it in OT!

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I love how 1st line clicks and their goal was excellent:
A wins the board battle against 6-5 D. B shoots, puck goes to C who makes beautiful pass back to B and he scores to open net.
Now you would say A- Slaf, B- Caufield, C- Suzuki, but I guess it was little different :)

Reactions: Pomee

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I fell we are way to negative we lost but we are in a rebuilding year 1-2 years from the playoff and we are giving some tough game to playoff team. Might easier to turn the page and not linger on mistakes when you are down you get blown out by 6 goals but vs. Losing in OT but we are missing 2-3 players vs. The finish product if this team is competing in 1-2 year will have a competitive team
And the games are much more watchable than earlier in the rebuild. There is hope. They need some health and a star of two more. That will be tough but it’s not impossible.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn Matheson with close to 29:00 minutes...
and we know not much of that was overtime. :skeptic:
That is far too much for him and almost 10:00 minutes more than Guhle.
He was also credited with one hit.
I take it it wasn't that reverse he tried on Beecher or was it Brazeau. :laugh:

Suzuki at 70% on the dot to help offset Newhook's 28%
Suzuki also had an 80% game against Toronto but then a 30% against Columbus.
He'll be really good when he keeps his bad games closer to 50%.
I can't help but be impressed at the work he's put in at getting better.
He's been on a mission ever since Monahan left.

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
It's kind of funny all the ones on this board feel they can't trade Math but yet he constantly screws up and caused his games and stuff and yet he's so important to this team
He is an asset regardless. He’s what? 3rd in team scoring. Typical offensive D- loves to carry the puck but turnover and misreads are common

Reactions: Ozmodiar

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Habs actually played a good game. This is the kind of effort i like to see. Just need some more talent in terms of scoring across the line up.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
All the people blaming Matheson solely because he is their whipping boy.....this loss is 100% on Caufield. If Hutson did exactly what Matheson did it would be an entirely different narrative where Hutson made a great effort to get in alone and Caufield blew the game......the bias and agendas on this board are pathetic.

The collective hockey IQ around here is what I would expect to see on the Hurricanes board
Agree. Tit-cul missed it there.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
I was starting to come around to the fact that this team is coming along a lot faster than i thought it could.Last nights game was the icing on the cake.This team when healthy will compete for a playoff spot next year.If we add a bit more forward talent at the draft and through trades this summer this will be a very exciting team to watch next year.The rapid improvement of our young guys is something to behold.I always knew Suzuki was going to be a star in this league .Saw that right from the start.Slaf is going to a beast.Newhook improving every game.Love Roy also.Defense is set now and for the future and it appears our goaltending is set also.Good times a coming.Hopefully they don't get too hot the rest of the year and ruin our chance at a top 5 pick.We may not be getting another top 5 pick for quite awhile of our own that is.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I was starting to come around to the fact that this team is coming along a lot faster than i thought it could.Last nights game was the icing on the cake.This team when healthy will compete for a playoff spot next year.If we add a bit more forward talent at the draft and through trades this summer this will be a very exciting team to watch next year.The rapid improvement of our young guys is something to behold.I always knew Suzuki was going to be a star in this league .Saw that right from the start.Slaf is going to a beast.Newhook improving every game.Love Roy also.Defense is set now and for the future and it appears our goaltending is set also.Good times a coming.Hopefully they don't get too hot the rest of the year and ruin our chance at a top 5 pick.We may not be getting another top 5 pick for quite awhile of our own that is.

Natural progression plus the likelihood of Hughes adding another forward and the return of Dach who easily looked like our best forward in the preseason and in the 4 periods that he played to start the season.

If this team stays relatively healthy they might legitimately challenge for a spot.

The gravitational pull of Marchand's nose is what started this series of events. Guhle did not hit his nose but he entered the atmosphere around it causing a burning sensation causing Marchand to instinctively go old school stop, drop and roll to avert the imminent fire. :teach2:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Matheson really f***ed up last game once again, CC owes some blame for his lack of defensive awareness, but without Math's brilliant idea to go around the entire team solo we wouldn't have reached CC's miscue. Oh well, better for us in the overall scheme of things.

Reactions: Pomee and Habano

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Matheson really f***ed up last game once again, CC owes some blame for his lack of defensive awareness, but without Math's brilliant idea to go around the entire team solo we wouldn't have reached CC's miscue. Oh well, better for us in the overall scheme of things.
It's 3 vs 3. I want my best skating player to make something happen. Maybe he should passed the puck and made another play but Caufield needs to be aware that Matheson is battling with 2 Bruins players along the board. Awful desicion making by Cole.

If we want to blame someone, Caufield is the guy.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
It's 3 vs 3. I want my best skating player to make something happen. Maybe he should passed the puck and made another play but Caufield needs to be aware that Matheson is battling with 2 Bruins players along the board. Awful desicion making by Cole.

If we want to blame someone, Caufield is the guy.
He made things happen alright. The bad decision began with Matheson and ended with CC.
I could give CC some slack, he's not exactly known for his defensive responsibilities, but he will learn from this.

On the other hand, Matheson, being in the league much longer should know better, but he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't watch the game, but the fact that we are spending so much time to talk about who is at fault on a 3 on 3 play, it sounds like there isn't much else to complain about and that the Habs had a good game.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

It's promising, but it's also really hard to project. Just having dach back is going to be huge, but with young guys, their successes are usually more prone to volatility rather than having a linear improvement.

So I can't say that the Habs are a lock to compete for the playoffs next year, but I tend to look more big picture and it's hard to argue that things are not trending in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad