Dirtiest player in NHL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

kmad said:
Bobby Clarke, mostly because of the slewfoot on Kharlamov.

Bobby Clarke hid behind the rest of the orange goon squad. He was nothing but a mouthpiece and a huge coward. His slash (not slewfoot0 that broke Kharlamov's ankle was the most atrocious display of unsportsmanlike conduct in the history of the game. He is the most gutless puke ever involved in the sport, both on and off the ice.

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site
Mayor of MacAppolis said:
Bobby Clarke hid behind the rest of the orange goon squad. He was nothing but a mouthpiece and a huge coward. His slash (not slewfoot0 that broke Kharlamov's ankle was the most atrocious display of unsportsmanlike conduct in the history of the game. He is the most gutless puke ever involved in the sport, both on and off the ice.

You jerkoff.....HOW MANY HART TROPHIES AND R-I-N-G-S DOES CLARKE HAVE?????????
H-O-W M-A-N-Y?????????????????????????????
Learn a little about the history of the NHL AND about one of it's greatest players ever, you F'N MORON.
I think you meant to say he was the HARDEST WORKING, RIGHT?
:madfire:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
04' hockey said:
Learn a little about the history of the NHL AND about one of it's greatest players ever, you F'N MORON.

He has more Hart trophy's and rings than Hitler, Stalin, Sadam Hussein, Asama bin Laden put together.

So he can't be all that bad, right?

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mayor of MacAppolis said:

You're just mad because you became a Leafs fan, instead of continuing to wear that Clarke jersey you had when you were little. :p:

The Clarke slash was sooooo bad that Kharlamov missed one game, and played in game 8. That's the single most overblown slash in the history of hockey.

Was Clarke a dirty player ?? Sure, he certainly used his stick in some un-kind ways :D , but he's far from the dirtiest player of all-time.

Clarke, gutless ??? ... it was his guts and Parent's grace that 2 Stanley Cup winners were built upon. If only Sittler has those "guts".

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
What no Claude Lemeiux?

I have to go with Brian Marchment. he's been deliberatly delivering knee on knee hits for years.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Captain Elbow Mark Messier!!! I don't think that I've ever seen him take a hit without giving an elbow or spearing someone.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Paul Higgins, early-80's Leafs. Imagine Billy Tibbets without the skill, and you've got Higgins. He never broke ten points in his best junior season, and had a criminal record for assault. His usual tactic once he was on the ice was to select a target, skate straight at him, and start swinging - regardless of whether or not the guy he picked was a fighter. The Toronto media was all over Gerry McNamara, the Leafs' GM, for calling him up from junior in the late part of 1981-82, but that was the worst part of the Ballard era and the organization wasn't interested in listening to criticism. They actually held onto him for another season before letting him go. Career record, 152 PIM and no points in 25 games.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
John Flyers Fan said:
As for the biggest single cheapshot .... Dale Hunter on Turgeon in the playoffs.

hah , I remember my heart sinking after that cheapshot .

my friend's bro plays in the nhl and he says , make no mistake , Messier is a dirty player .He's learned how to do little things that go unnoticed by the ref's and better yet , by the camera's

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Dirtiest player...

I heard a lot of Czech's skip shower after practice :dunno:

Seriously it has to be Ulfie.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
As an Oiler fan, I turned a blind eye to Glen Anderson spearing the odd unsuspecting sucker in the guts a time or two. And Messier could turn in some seriously mean and dirty hockey, too.

Bryan Marchment's hits can sometimes make Ulf Samuelsson's knee specials look clean.

Jimmy Mann's how's-she-goin on poor old Paul Gardner back around 1980 was just god-awful, too.

Billy Smith could pull some pretty mean stuff.

Claude Lemieux wasn't just an agitator, either. He did some mean acts.

Dale Hunter became an embarassment to his gutsy first few years as his career progressed.

Hobey Baker

May 27, 2004
Charlestown
sabresprospects.com
04' hockey said:
Nice...That's a grrrreat argument you make there. Way to go! :shakehead So Clarke won two cups, three Harts, and a Selke. There's no question he was a great player. Big deal! It's possible to be great and dirty. Claude Lemieux has more Cup rings than your boy (four) plus a Conn Smythe, and was quite the dirty player. How are the two related again?
When I see "Dr. Hook" Tim McCracken, I think of Bob Clarke. Still, Samuelsson was a puke. That thigh shot on Neely was pretty bad. Dale Hunter was consistently dirty, too.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
#66 said:
Captain Elbow Mark Messier!!! I don't think that I've ever seen him take a hit without giving an elbow or spearing someone.

He's calmed down since his second sting. He got Matt Herr pretty good once, but that was about it.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Mothra said:
agreed.....and I am a Capitals fan

what sucks is Hunter had a great series.....but not remembered that way do to that hit

The Hunter hit was brutal no doubt. More brutal was his lame attempt to claim he didn't know the play was over when Turgeon had scored. I guess in Hunter's eyes, most people skate allong the board with their stick and hands in the air when the play is still going, other players have stopped skating and the goal light is red.

One of those players you loved to hate when watching him play for sure. W/o a doubt I didn't like him but his comments after the fact make me question his intelligence. Way more brutal than the Bertuzzi hit and no remorse. He did recieve a 21 game suspension for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad