Post-Game Talk: Did you hear the Jets beat CBJ 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Things like this make me mad. How hard is it to offer printed tickets? Businesses planning to hand out tickets need that option.

How hard is it to give people a place to go for a smoke? I get that you're not supposed to smoke anymore, but lots of people still do.

Having moved from Alberta, bureaucracy is a huge problem in this province. People love to point to the rules and say no. No one wants to offer solutions. I've noticed it in government and the private sector. It's very annoying.

How is hard is it to offer printed tickets or a place to smoke in Alberta, a province where bureaucracy isn’t a huge problem?

Edmonton — Rogers Place

Tickets: mobile only — Mobile Ticketing | Rogers Place

Q: WHY IS ROGERS PLACE IMPLEMENTING MOBILE TICKETING?

A: Rogers Place, the Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings are committed to providing guests a safe, secure and convenient ticketing experience. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient and flexible way to receive and manage tickets while increasing protection against fraud and lost or stolen tickets. Just like online banking, mobile payments, airline electronic boarding passes and movie tickets – mobile tickets provide:​
  • Significantly reduced risk of lost, stolen, counterfeit or forgotten tickets by providing secure purchase protection for all fans
  • Convenient and easy entry to Rogers Place using your smartphone
  • Instant access from anywhere to all of your tickets via the Rogers Place App and Account Manager
  • The ability to manage, share or sell your tickets from anywhere via the Rogers Place App and Account Manager
  • The ability for Rogers Place to instantly communicate any event changes (time changes, entry/traffic notices, etc.) directly to the ticket user, thus providing a better guest experience

Q: ARE ANY OTHER TEAMS/VENUES DOING THIS?

A: The vast majority of NHL teams adopted mobile ticketing policies as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The National Football League (NFL) also mandated the use of mobile ticketing for the 2021 season.​

Smoking area: no, and no re-entry — Oilers Home Game Event Guide | Rogers Place

SMOKING & CANNABIS POLICY
For the enjoyment of all of our guests, Rogers Place is a smoke-free environment. All forms of smoking, including the use of cannabis products and electronic cigarettes (vaping), is not permitted on Rogers Place property. Please be aware that guests will not be permitted to exit and re-enter the venue during events.​

Calgary: Scotiabank Saddledome

Tickets: mobile only — Mobile Ticketing | Calgary Flames

MOBILE TICKETING

The Calgary Flames use Mobile Ticketing exclusively for you to access, manage, and scan your game tickets using myFlames Account.​
Please find below walkthrough guides on how to use your myFlames Account to view your game tickets on your mobile device, and how to transfer tickets to friends, family members or colleagues.​
We recommend that all fans use the Calgary Flames App (available through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) to view…​

Smoking area: no, and no re-entry — Smoking Policy - Scotiabank Saddledome

In alignment with the Scotiabank Saddledome no re-entry policy, the facility will be smoke-free within and around all areas of the building, for all events once the doors of the building are open to the general public. All forms of smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes (vaping), is strictly prohibited in all areas, including suites and restaurants within the facility, as well as within 10 meters of any external entry door.​
PLEASE NOTE: There is no designated smoking area.
Once you enter an event, you cannot smoke at all until the event is over or you leave early.​

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
How is hard is it to offer printed tickets or a place to smoke in Alberta, a province where bureaucracy isn’t a huge problem?

Edmonton — Rogers Place

A: Rogers Place, the Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings are committed to providing guests a safe, secure and convenient ticketing experience. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient and flexible way to receive and manage tickets while increasing protection against fraud and lost or stolen tickets. Just like online banking, mobile payments, airline electronic boarding passes and movie tickets – mobile tickets provide:​
  • Significantly reduced risk of lost, stolen, counterfeit or forgotten tickets by providing secure purchase protection for all fans
  • Instant access from anywhere to all of your tickets via the Rogers Place App and Account Manager
  • The ability to manage, share or sell your tickets from anywhere via the Rogers Place App and Account Manager
  • The ability for Rogers Place to instantly communicate any event changes (time changes, entry/traffic notices, etc.) directly to the ticket user, thus providing a better guest experience

A: The vast majority of NHL teams adopted mobile ticketing policies as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The National Football League (NFL) also mandated the use of mobile ticketing for the 2021 season.​

For the enjoyment of all of our guests, Rogers Place is a smoke-free environment. All forms of smoking, including the use of cannabis products and electronic cigarettes (vaping), is not permitted on Rogers Place property. Please be aware that guests will not be permitted to exit and re-enter the venue during events.​

MOBILE TICKETING

The Calgary Flames use Mobile Ticketing exclusively for you to access, manage, and scan your game tickets using myFlames Account.​
Please find below walkthrough guides on how to use your myFlames Account to view your game tickets on your mobile device, and how to transfer tickets to friends, family members or colleagues.​
We recommend that all fans use the Calgary Flames App (available through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) to view…​

In alignment with the Scotiabank Saddledome no re-entry policy, the facility will be smoke-free within and around all areas of the building, for all events once the doors of the building are open to the general public. All forms of smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes (vaping), is strictly prohibited in all areas, including suites and restaurants within the facility, as well as within 10 meters of any external entry door.​
Once you enter an event, you cannot smoke at all until the event is over or you leave early.​
:laugh:

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018

Edmonton — Rogers Place

MOBILE TICKETING

When I lived in Calgary they had printed tickets, you could leave to smoke and they had a waitlist for season tickets. None of these things are true anymore.

If NHL teams want to make policies that alienate large groups of customers, I guess that's up to them. Doesn't strike me as a good business strategy though.

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Laine flourishes for 2 years with Maurice as the coach, he scores 36 as a rookie, and 44 in his second year. He drops to 30 in year three, and can't stay healthy enough again, to score 30. He plays under 3 more coaches, but has become an albatross contract. Do you think, just maybe, his decline wasn't due to being forced to play a two-way game, but by the fact he was LAZY? There were multiple stories, including his own admission, that he wasn't one to put in the work in the off season. Had he wanted it, he could have been a 500 goal scorer, and HoF player, but he will be gone in a couple of years, and people will still be blaming Maurice

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Paying more for my tickets than the guy beside me was not the only reason I gave up my ST but it was a big one. But I am missing it. Exhibition games was another irritant. No way they are worth full price. Not sure they are worth half price.

Good point about the printed tickets for businesses.
Pre season tickets are not charged or valued at the same price as regular season ones any longer to the STH. There is a price breakdown per ticket that they have listed on your site and when I had put a pair of mine up for sale this season the max amount I could charge was quite a bit less than a regular season ticket.

For the ones complaining about the person next to you getting a free beer due to some promo, as a STH you will be paying significantly less for a playoff ticket than that person will as a walk up purchaser. There won't be any thirsty Thursday promos for them in April. That's the main benefit of having a season ticket.

It's already been pointed out that vast majority of venues all have electronic ticketing and a "once your in your in" policy. I mean if you can't go a couple.hours without having a smoke or vape that's your problem (and I'm a vaper).

I'm not defending TNSE because they can definitely improve some things but it's unfair to accuse them of being draconian when they are doing what most other places are doing.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm kind of feeling at this point that the next time the Jets lose (probably in a week or so - it has to happen eventually) - I have no right to criticize them - and I won't. What an amazing season so far and an amazing team. I've been following the Jets ever since I was 9 years old when Bobby Hull signed with the WHA Jets. Other than the WHA years when we won the AVCO cups, this is the most excited I've been for our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille