Rumor: Dhaliwal- Canucks no longer the Front Runners for Ethan Bear- Handful of teams interested, 3 are very very interested-Video of Bear skating

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Bear is alright. His weakness is panic under an aggressive forecheck.

I was hoping we would let him mature for 200 more games on the Oilers, but that playoff eliminating gaff in Overtime stamped his 1-way ticket out of town.

Seems like he'd be a pretty good defenseman once he works out those jitters. Probably gonna be a very good #4 when he's 30.

Reactions: Umingmak

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
At least Vesey was an unknown.. he had potential to be a good player. Bear is a known product, we already know he's nothing special.
New team and coaching, so it's a new beginning if he goes to the Caps or another team. It ceases to amaze me how some ppl on these boards trash or rush to judgement on some players. Bear is coming off a major injury, right? If he's working hard to get back and improves with whomever his new coaches are, there is a possibility he gets back on track with his career.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
New team and coaching, so it's a new beginning if he goes to the Caps or another team. It ceases to amaze me how some ppl on these boards trash or rush to judgement on some players. Bear is coming off a major injury, right? If he's working hard to get back and improves with whomever his new coaches are, there is a possibility he gets back on track with his career.
you mean it never ceases to amaze you

Reactions: Lindgren

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I mean, leafs are dying for nhl bodies on the back end and tre has given out questionable contracts already... I can imagine if the hangup is 1yr vs 2yr that tre doesn't just float a 2yr 1.75aav at bear. More than that is not gud.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
He's 26. He's been given ample opportunity to find a role. If he can improve good for him, but I'd bet he is what he is at this point, especially coming off a major injury.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
He's 26. He's been given ample opportunity to find a role. If he can improve good for him, but I'd bet he is what he is at this point, especially coming off a major injury.
In the opportunities he’s been given, he’s been…

On Edmonton’s first pairing.
On Carolina’s first pairing.
On Vancouver’s first pairing.

And been good every time.

Is he a proper first pairing defenseman? No.

Is he a good defenseman who can be a very solid second pairing guy? Absolutely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad