Rumor: Dhaliwal- Canucks interested in Jordan Greenway

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
where greenway has another year left this seems more likely an offseason move.

what would buffalo even want. they could use a goalie but that doesnt seem like a fit.

They seem like they would have no desire to move him. So... it's kind of a non-starter.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

what would buffalo even want. they could use a goalie but that doesnt seem like a fit.

I flat-out don't think that Buffalo is interested in trading Greenway at all. He's one of Buffalo's top 2 defensive forwards and our best PKer. He's shown pretty solid chemistry with Mitts and our 18-year old rookie Benson.

Unless it's some type of Godfather offer......I can't imagine Adams is considering trading him.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Greenway is the type of player the Canucks should be after, but if they’re paying a nice asset in return, they should be calling Calgary on Sharangovich. He’s likely taken himself off the board though…

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
His size and PK ability is likely what is attracting the Canucks most. I agree, I dont think Sabres will move him but the Canucks will definiely be calling.

Might be dangling someone like Podkilzin as well. who knows.

Their best assets will likely be reserved for a top 6 forward or top 4 Dman but Sabres can still get some nice pieces from the Canucks if they did decide to move Greenway.
Podkolzin is not being moved for a grinder. Management love him and are finally doing what should have been done from the start which is tons of ice time in an offensive role and he was dominant till the incident and now is finding it again.
He's going to be a huge part of the nucks

Reactions: gianni

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Would buffalo do it for Myers + 2024 1st rounder (top 8 protected). Probably a pick in late 20s anyway?

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
This could work for both teams, great prospect and dman to Buffalo, Canucks get their grinder

To Buffalo: Klimovich, Briesbois, 2025 6th

To Vancouver: Greenway, 2024 4th
Absolute craptastic package. Brisebois does absolutely nothing, Buffalo has better tweeners in Rochester. As for Klimovich, who would he supplant in the glut of winger prospects? Tell me is he better than Benson, Quinn, Peterka, Savoie, Kulich, Rosen?

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
What does Buffalo have tons of? Youth! Potential! Prospects!
What does Buffalo need more of? Experience! Size! Responsible defence!

Yep, trading their biggest forward and best PKer less than a year after acquiring him makes a ton of sense. Especially for a package of futures.

(This is where some Canuck fan says 'yes, but Buffalo isn't very smart' offers 3 pieces they don't want and the thread devolves into a pissing match. Classic HFBoards.)

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
What does Buffalo have tons of? Youth! Potential! Prospects!
What does Buffalo need more of? Experience! Size! Responsible defence!

Yep, trading their biggest forward and best PKer less than a year after acquiring him makes a ton of sense. Especially for a package of futures.

(This is where some Canuck fan says 'yes, but Buffalo isn't very smart' offers 3 pieces they don't want and the thread devolves into a pissing match. Classic HFBoards.)
I don't think it makes sense for either side. Buffalo would probably rather add to their roster then sell pieces. Adams will definitely be feeling the heat soon if the club doesn't show improvements.

From the Canucks perspective I think they need a top 6 forward more than a bottom 6 forward. If they want to add some size for 4th line they can probably add a vet at the deadline for a late pick or something. I also think they should give Podkolzin another opportunity before they start looking for power forward types.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
As others said, I don't see Buffalo moving him. He's probably their most important PK forward. Plus, Granato wanted him, felt he could get him back on track and has seemingly done so. Most importantly, Buffalo doesn't have a lot of guys like him at any level of the organization.

Given that he is under contract for another season, I think it's a virtual guarantee that he is in their plans for next season (and probably beyond).

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
No…no team would do thst. It costs a 1st just to unload contract
Myers is worth more than Greenway. Big right shot dman that is owed less than a 1 million in actual money and is a pending ufa if the Canucks retain 50% he will have good value. Why do people think that winger that has 10 points in 28 games and is owed 3 million dollars for this and next year has any value.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

buffalo has Levi and UPL. Don’t need a goalie.

I don’t see him getting moved.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Myers is worth more than Greenway. Big right shot dman that is owed less than a 1 million in actual money and is a pending ufa if the Canucks retain 50% he will have good value. Why do people think that winger that has 10 points in 28 games and is owed 3 million dollars for this and next year has any value.

who has $6M in space. He’d not a top pair Dman. At the deadline you can trade him with a pass through retention getting him down t $2M or so.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
maybe nils aman going back? canucks could use a separate upgrade for a center and he's young enough and has shown enough for buffalo to take a shot.

the more intriguing player that would be tougher for the canucks to literally give up on - kuzmenko. but that would both free up cap space and give tocchet a much better system fit, while giving buffalo a clear talent upgrade.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would buffalo do it for Myers + 2024 1st rounder (top 8 protected). Probably a pick in late 20s anyway?

I don't think attaching Myers makes the deal any easier. Valuation should still be around what the Sabres sent to Minnesota. Value for taking Myers is a separate conversation and probably muddies up the works even more.

And that would be "if" Buffalo was interested in moving Greenway, which they don't seem to be.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

If Myers were that valuable, I would imagine he'd have been moved by now. Real dollars, yes, he's cheap. But teams don't have the cap space to make the move with so many nut to butt against the cap ceiling. For a guy dubbed "chaos giraffe" by so many, blamed so often for issues in their own zone... where is the appeal? That he's right handed?

As for Greenway's value, 3M for what he brings in non-counting stats fashion is fine. His PKing is top notch in particular.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Myers isn't very good. Having said that.... there is still dinosaur NHL GMs that value him.

If the Canucks were sellers I bet they could flip myers for a 2nd/3rd round pick at the deadline.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If Myers were that valuable, I would imagine he'd have been moved by now. Real dollars, yes, he's cheap. But teams don't have the cap space to make the move with so many nut to butt against the cap ceiling. For a guy dubbed "chaos giraffe" by so many, blamed so often for issues in their own zone... where is the appeal? That he's right handed?
He actually hasn’t been bad at all this season and, believe it or not, is a top 4 defenseman for one of the best teams in the league this year. I don’t think Vancouver management has been looking to move him all that hard as they still need to replace his minutes if they do move him.

Reactions: bcbill

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He actually hasn’t been bad at all this season and, believe it or not, is a top 4 defenseman for one of the best teams in the league this year. I don’t think Vancouver management has been looking to move him all that hard as they still need to replace his minutes if they do move him.

I've watched a fair amount of Vancouver games and would put credit on the differences in play of the entire team since Tocchet took over, combined with improvements in the health and thus performance of Demko. I don't see Myers making the right decision as often as I would like, just that there are fewer opportunities for him to do so as he's been buoyed by the team play around him.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I've watched a fair amount of Vancouver games and would put credit on the differences in play of the entire team since Tocchet took over, combined with improvements in the health and thus performance of Demko. I don't see Myers making the right decision as often as I would like, just that there are fewer opportunities for him to do so as he's been buoyed by the team play around him.
I don’t refute that. It’s just that at this time they don’t have anyone else to fill those minutes on the right side, so it’s not necessarily a case of “they would’ve moved him by now”. I think at the deadline if there’s an opportunity to upgrade, they’ll look into facilitating a trade with retention on Myers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad