Confirmed with Link: Dewer traded to Toronto for Dmitry Ovchinnikov and a 2026 4th Round Pick

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Please no Liljegren

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So obviously Beckman gets a longer look, which is a good thing

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oof...one of my favorite players. Pretty easy to like both on and off the ice. Makes it harder for me to be a fan of this team, once you add up the lousy on ice product, dumb GM decisions, and aging group of injury prone, unproductive, entitled, depth players.

Reactions: Spurgeon

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oof...one of my favorite players. Pretty easy to like both on and off the ice. Makes it harder for me to be a fan of this team, once you add up the lousy on ice product, dumb GM decisions, and aging group of injury prone, unproductive, entitled, depth players.

Keeping guys like Merrill, Gaudreau and Johansson around, signing them to contract extensions, only to trade players like Dewar does leave a bad taste in ones mouth. Not that Dewar was anything to write home about, but at least he has youth and speed on his side. Also would have been an affordable RFA. Not going to lose sleep over trading Dewar, but continues to be part of a trend with Guerin that I'm not a fan of.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin gearing up for that 2026 draft.

Or is he giving a gift to the next GM?

He's going all in at the 2026 deadline. Kaprizov's last year, stockpiling capital to make a big splash to try to show Kaprizov the team can be competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad