Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20231209_100012_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: debaser66

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The whole meditation on the ice during TV times is weird. He's gonna have to do it without attracting attention to himself. I'm sure when he tries that in Philly some fans will have some choice words for him.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The whole meditation on the ice during TV times is weird.

I'm actually more than a bit surprised he's the first goalie to be doing it. And certainly a bit shocked at how much run it's getting in the media.

I mean, it's a great time for a goalie to quietly collect his thoughts and re-center himself.

Just has to do it around the cleaning crew is all.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
It would be cool if there was a little Republic symbol painted on the ice at Keybank as a spot for him.

I like that he just started it as a way of dealing with TV timeouts because he hadn’t experienced them.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Oof. In the latest 32 thoughts podcasts EF provided some clarity on the promises made to Levi before signing after some people pressed him on saying that.

They didn’t ’promise’ him NHL ice time. But they did promise him they wouldn’t bring in a goalie to block him

Which is probably worse. Promising not to improve your NHL roster in the biggest position of need because you like a college kid? This organization man…..

Reactions: SabresFan26

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Oof. In the latest 32 thoughts podcasts EF provided some clarity on the promises made to Levi before signing after some people pressed him on saying that.

They didn’t ’promise’ him NHL ice time. But they did promise him they wouldn’t bring in a goalie to block him

Which is probably worse. Promising not to improve your NHL roster in the biggest position of need because you like a college kid? This organization man…..

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Comrie and UPL were already ahead of him on the depth chart. The agreement was probably to not bring in another goalie that would bump him down to 4th in the organization (which would pretty much guarantee no chance at NHL time this season).

If the Sabres were looking to seriously improve the goaltending situation it would have been via trade, and then I have to think UPL or Comrie would be going the other way and Levi would still be 3rd in the org going into the season.

Reactions: Zman5778

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
This doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Comrie and UPL were already ahead of him on the depth chart. The agreement was probably to not bring in another goalie that would bump him down to 4th in the organization (which would pretty much guarantee no chance at NHL time this season).

If the Sabres were looking to seriously improve the goaltending situation it would have been via trade, and then I have to think UPL or Comrie would be going the other way and Levi would still be 3rd in the org going into the season.

This is probably the correct take.

But, it's not a good look. Promising a certain spot on the depth chart to a prospect to get a deal done is a slippery slope. Does this happen in other orgs? I've only ever heard it happening here. What do you say to guys below him on the depth chart? "Hey we can't move you up, we promised this spot to a rookie with no experience"

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

sometimes posters around here leap past the easy argument and jump straight to wacky out there field and then try to blame the team for their bi-polar issues

because they probably had decided that UPL was coming back already, they had Comrie on contract, and already knew that they weren't going to pursue a goaltender unless they thought he was better than UPL, therefore promising Levi nothing that wasn't already the in the teams plans

vs

you get x minutes regardless of what a shit show it is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad