GDT: Devils vs. Senators - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Big takeaway for me is compete level/attention to detail like Hynes talks about.

However, I think another huge takeaway is the second line. They’re really clicking and that will be HUGE longterm.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
For every great win against high competition we have one of these. Great that we are capable of beating good teams. Sad that we waste the advantage we gain with losses like this. Count me in as ditto on this Kinkaid talk and especially this 11/7 stuff. I love Palms but his game outside of the shot right now is so clunky and off. It's getting frustrating. Moore yet again not capable of maintaining the correct spacing in the defensive zone.

I personally enjoyed when Stafford skated in cirles, one handed the puck around the net, and eventually ran out of ideas and just left the puck at the blue line.

Would have been nice to see the game play out if Zajac had gotten his shot over Anderson's pads.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Big takeaway for me is compete level/attention to detail like Hynes talks about.

However, I think another huge takeaway is the second line. They’re really clicking and that will be HUGE longterm.

If Wood PZ and Palms are a legit second line the team’s fortunes should improve significantly the rest of the way. I’m not sure if they qualify yet. Someone with the advanced stats group will have to chime in. The eye test the last several games certainkybsupports it but I’m sure there are some numbers to provide context. I’m guessing it has to do with PZ turning the corner.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I think we have won our last two there

Have we? I don’t know, that team has had our # for a while now so it feels like they’re pretty much always losing to them except for maybe a game here or there.

It is cool though that they’re switching it up this season at least. They deserve the love too.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
If Wood PZ and Palms are a legit second line the team’s fortunes should improve significantly the rest of the way. I’m not sure if they qualify yet. Someone with the advanced stats group will have to chime in. The eye test the last several games certainkybsupports it but I’m sure there are some numbers to provide context. I’m guessing it has to do with PZ turning the corner.

I actually think the line can get even better. Palms still isn't playing to the level he is capable of, along the boards especially. Add to that Zacha eventually scoring to add to what is right now great 2 way play and great passing. I think those 2 things, the first being very realistic to expect to change, should make them a legit 2nd line.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
in other news: space X launched a test rocket today which is propelling a Tesla roadster and a dummy named 'star man' towards mars. in 5-6 years we might see a manned mission to mars. its a great time to be a human and puts things into perspective.

i say this because space X has been failing for years and never gave up. they now look to be poised for a run. dumb that down to a hockey season and this is what the devils are going through. they still look like they can reach high orbit and beyond. boosters are just crashing at the moment. they will figure it out. getting cory back wont hurt.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
in other news: space X launched a test rocket today which is propelling a Tesla roadster and a dummy named 'star man' towards mars. in 5-6 years we might see a manned mission to mars. its a great time to be a human and puts things into perspective.

i say this because space X has been failing for years and never gave up. they now look to be poised for a run. dumb that down to a hockey season and this is what the devils are going through. they still look like they can reach high orbit and beyond. boosters are just crashing at the moment. they will figure it out. getting cory back wont hurt.

So this NJ season is the equivalent of a crash test dummy being launched into space? That’s certainly one way to look at it although I think it is more like a soft shell crab accidentally taking up residence in an old flower pot that fell into the water and got mistaken by the crab for a harder shell. Either that or a cloned mammoth wondering where the glaciers went. It’s for others to ultimately decide which metaphor makes sense. I know mine don’t.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I'm not even sure what keith was trying to do on that 4th goal.

Hynes yelled at him when he got to the bench, I'd love to know what he said

He said I've got an emoji recap for you

2n6aj4x.jpg

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
So this NJ season is the equivalent of a crash test dummy being launched into space? That’s certainly one way to look at it although I think it is more like a soft shell crab accidentally taking up residence in an old flower pot that fell into the water and got mistaken by the crab for a harder shell. Either that or a cloned mammoth wondering where the glaciers went. It’s for others to ultimately decide which metaphor makes sense. I know mine don’t.

just trying to be topical. lol.

i get your metaphors and they do make sense.... but i dont think thats the case with this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: