GDT: Devils vs. Senators - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
So this will be two lengthy suspensions to people targeting our players, and we've gotten one 2 minute power play out of them.

When was the last time we had a 5 minute major power play? Feels like we always get shafted.

Reactions: mtnet

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If they miss the playoffs it will be a direct result of these inexcusably consistent losses to the dregs of the league. The most consistent thing about the team this year has been the soft play and lack of effort against teams way below them in the standings.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
If they miss the playoffs it will be a direct result of these inexcusably consistent losses to the dregs of the league. The most consistent thing about the team this year has been the soft play and lack of effort against teams way below them in the standings.
Against Buffalo, Edmonton, Arizona, Vancouver, Detroit, Ottawa the Devils are a combined 9-4-2. Maybe it could be better but it's not a reason that they would miss the playoffs.

Reactions: glenwo2

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I hate that a lot of us said that this was a trap game and were right. If we can see it, why couldn’t the coaching staff get these guys up for the game? I know that falls on the players as well but at some point coaches deserve some crap too for the lack of preparation. Side note, I’m about done with Kinkaid. His record is ok but his other stats prove that we aren’t necessarily winning because of him but in spite of him. He’s been bad this year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Side note, I’m about done with Kinkaid. His record is ok but his other stats prove that we aren’t necessarily winning because of him but in spite of him. He’s been bad this year.
Wins as a goalie stat mean nothing to me when the goalie isn’t playing well. He’s allowed at least 3 goals in half of his wins. He didn’t necessarily play bad in every game he allowed 3 goals, but we won quite a few in spite of him. 5 of his wins he allowed at least 3 goals, and another one of his wins was in relief against Ottawa, where he played a period and a couple minutes of OT. I’ll admit he was much better than Cory that night, who was killing us as bad he killed us last night. Outside of the Rangers game all the way back in October and maybe the Islanders and Sabres games, I can’t say that he was really paramount in any of those wins. He was good against the Pens, but we helped him out by not allowing a lot of shots and taking zero penalties, which is where he’s been getting destroyed lately. On the other teams power plays.

We’ve definitely won games in spite of Cory this year too, where he didn’t really do much to deserve the win, but we’ve also won more games because of him than we have because of Kinkaid when he’s been in.

I hate that we have to hear about wins. He was much better last year when he lost 5 more regulation games than he won. I hate the assessment that because he got a win that he played well. Like that Washington game. He had nothing to do with that win, we won in spite of his best efforts to keep the Caps in the game.

And for all this citing of his win totals, he has only one more win than regulation loss in his NHL career....

Did he play poor enough last year to deserve to have lost five more regulation games than he won? Absolutely not. Has he played well enough to have a winning record this year? Absolutely not.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if you think kinkaid is the reason we lost last night you should watch more hockey.

inb4 HE’S NOT GOOD WTF U TALKING ABOUT
I don’t wanna read the excuses for the pathetic goaltending anymore I’ve watched hockey as long as you’ve been alive. If there’s one game this season that we’ve lost due to goaltending all season long, it was last night. If I had to pick one game lost due to goaltending, it was last night. And with our below average goaltending this season, it no doubt has cost us at least two points. At least 3-4 stoppable goals last night out of the 5 allowed.

And that includes the breakaway goal on Lack.

The excuses for Kinkaid need to end, but they might not end as soon as his NHL career does. He’s been Thomas Greiss bad this year. The same Thomas Greiss that many people on this board (not just me) laugh at when talking about the Islanders terrible goalies? Greiss has a winning record this year (one game above NHL .500) too.

I can also say this is the worst goaltending we’ve seen since 2013 Hedberg, who we barely averaged 2 goals per game for.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
If there’s one game this season that we’ve lost due to goaltending all season long, it was last night.

And that includes the breakaway goal on Lack.

The excuses for Kinkaid need to end, but they might not end as soon as his NHL career does. He’s been Thomas Greiss bad this year. The same Thomas Greiss that many people on this board (not just me) laugh at when talking about the Islanders terrible goalies? Greiss has a winning record this year (one game above NHL .500) too.

if we don’t take those shitty penalties in the first period and john moore doesn’t lose track of his surroundings and the game ends in a 3-2 devils win, would you still be talking about how shitty kinkaid is? serious question.

(i know you’ll perceive this as me “defending” kinkaid)

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
The horseshit calls are completely ruining the Devils fire, not the Devils (un)willingness itself.
Sure we all wish there was some retaliation against Burrows after he lost it, but with the way the officiating has been all year and including earlier in the night when Lovejoy got the extra 2 mins, can we really blame them for shying away? Hall went after someone after they hit Nico and took a penalty the opposing team then scored the GWG (right?) on. Zajac took an extra 2 that PHI scored on. 2 refs on the ice and that's twice there's been a hearing after the game has been over for shit that should've been called properly the first time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if we don’t take those ****ty penalties in the first period and john moore doesn’t lose track of his surroundings and the game ends in a 3-2 devils win, would you still be talking about how ****ty kinkaid is? serious question.

(i know you’ll perceive this as me “defending” kinkaid)
It wasn’t just the PK, he looked shaky from the beginning. The worst goals he allowed were goals 3 and 4, both even strength goals. Goal 1 was stoppable, but more forgivable than goals 3-4.

He looked really shaky to start the 2nd. Rebounds everywhere, which were uncharacteristic of him and his rebound control has typically been the only strength to his game this year. A puck also squeaked through him about 20-30 seconds before his Unnecessary Marty roll on the fourth goal.

Before last week, I believe he had only allowed 2 power play goals on 44 shots all season, which was unsustainably good, so he was due to allow some PP goals, but his even strength play has been suspect all season long. His play on the PK up until last week was really good. His even strength play has been in the toilet all season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
we lost because of a 5-on-3 and bonehead john moore.

again, i contest that some people want to believe this team is so good and special that the only time we lose is when our goalie sucks. let’s get a grip.
Perhaps you wanna believe that the team is so bad and so pathetic, the backup isn’t capable of doing better than an .893 save percentage over 18 games played this season, which is horrific.

I don’t care who you play for, that’s terrible. Do I need to go over the goalies that have performed worse this season? Because I’m pretty I won’t need two hands to count them, especially not the ones that have started over 15 games. Do you realize how abnormal this play is, relative to goaltenders around the NHL?

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
The 5 on 3/Moore being a knucklehead and the poor goaltender play are not mutually exclusive. They all contributed to the loss. Too many guys were off their games last night.

On a positive note, Hall, Zajac, and 44-37-21 all played well. I think Mueller has been pretty good since coming back as well.

Reactions: NJDevils17

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Whatever, f***ing sucks to lose like that but it's done. I'm just going to pretend we lost to the Pens and beat Ottawa.

Good news though! Zacha continues to play well and put up points, Palms had another two point game, Hall continued his point streak, the Zajac line got another goal. And most important, we lost so we can stop this 11-7 bullshit and now hopefully JQ will draw into the lineup

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Perhaps you wanna believe that the team is so bad and so pathetic, the backup isn’t capable of doing better than an .893 save percentage over 18 games played this season, which is horrific.

I don’t care who you play for, that’s terrible. Do I need to go over the goalies that have performed worse this season? Because I’m pretty I won’t need two hands to count them, especially not the ones that have started over 15 games. Do you realize how abnormal this play is, relative to goaltenders around the NHL?

i don’t believe the team is bad and pathetic, what i do believe is they need to f***ing show up more often against horrendous teams that have only won a third of their schedule prior.

we dropped the seven points that would put us in first place at this moment against the panthers, coyotes, sabres, and senators, and you can bump that up to ten dropped points if you include the habs and wings. why does every aspect of this team’s game that is necessary for kinkaid to apparently do well against teams like pittsburgh always seem to go to shit against garbage opponents?

again, understanding kinkaid hasn’t been that great this year and understanding that many other moving parts have played their hand in these shitty defeats are not mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad