GDT: Devils vs. Sabres - Animal House - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Wood is so good. I would be thrilled if he was able to become a 30 goal scorer. With the leaps and bounds he took this previous offseason it would honestly not surprise me if he was able to get 30 one or two years in his career. He absolutely has the drive to be able to do so. I remember before the season started, he said that he wanted to be captain (I think). Wood has so much dedication to the game, it amazes me how much improvement he has made.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Wood is so good. I would be thrilled if he was able to become a 30 goal scorer. With the leaps and bounds he took this previous offseason it would honestly not surprise me if he was able to get 30 one or two years in his career. He absolutely has the drive to be able to do so. I remember before the season started, he said that he wanted to be captain (I think). Wood has so much dedication to the game, it amazes me how much improvement he has made.

He has elite speed. You can't teach that. He just needs to learn and how to harness it. This year he's really taken a huge step forward. His goal tonight was a beauty.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
He has elite speed. You can't teach that. He just needs to learn and how to harness it. This year he's really taken a huge step forward. His goal tonight was a beauty.
Absolutely. That is why he is so dominant. He has an attribute that others would kill to have. He has slowly been able to be steered away from being a bull in a china shop to become less wreckless, and it has definitely been paying off.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Of course he's fine. Just look at Jesper dance!

serveimage

I might have gone with the Elaine Benes dance gif

My3Sons

Sponsor
Time to take care of Philly next.

We've been flushing too many points to them this year.

They've literally caught up to us because of the points we've pissed away to them.

I want a replication of one of our games from the last several years, where we busted them open.

It’s fun to hate the Flyers

Reactions: Bleedred and mtnet

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ugh I forgot we have the Flyers AGAIN...well either we nut up or we know this team's still in trouble.

Reactions: mtnet

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Remember when Miles Wood didn't fill the net in the prospects tournament in Buffalo people were dismissing him as a bust?

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Hall has a better PPG than McDavid, Crosby and Ovechkin. 14th in the league.

He’s not going to put up enough points with time missed and everything to win the Hart, plus he’s too far behind Kucherov/McKinnon anyway, but I’d be shocked if he’s didn’t get a few votes.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Hall has a better PPG than McDavid, Crosby and Ovechkin. 14th in the league.

He’s not going to put up enough points with time missed and everything to win the Hart, plus he’s too far behind Kucherov/McKinnon anyway, but I’d be shocked if he’s didn’t get a few votes.

He probably finishes with a few less votes than ELIAS Pettersson

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
4 frigging sets of legs. you're ridiculous.
You're the one who's ridiculous. How about a frigging set of eyes? It's almost like you go through GDT's and just look for the posts I make that you don't agree with. And you target my posts as well, but you only target and read what you want to read.

Did you not see the post that I made where I looked at it again and then said that I took it back, he was screened at the other angle I saw? I'm not even gonna dig it up for you, I'll let YOU find it, since you were so good at finding that one.

Either you didn't, or you did and just wanted to bust my balls, which is something you're VERY good at doing.

You would lead in ''Busting Bleed's balls and targeting his posts and only what you wanna read'' percentage against average. You've been doing it for years now. I always know when I get a notification that you quoted one of my posts, it's gonna be some snarky shot at me. A post that could have been echoed by a dozen other posters, yet only I get to be singled out by it.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when his possession metrics made him a terrible player that should be buried in the minors because 'he isn't good at hockey'?
More hyperbole and exgaration from you.

Nobody EVER said that he should be buried in the minors because he wasn't good at hockey. The argument was that he needed more AHL time, because he appeared to not yet be NHL ready.

And since October, I've been one of his biggest supporters on here, but maybe you missed that too. I'm gonna guess that you either missed that or just didn't feel like acknowledging that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
More hyperbole and exgaration from you.

Nobody EVER said that he should be buried in the minors because he wasn't good at hockey. The argument was that he needed more AHL time, because he appeared to not yet be NHL ready.

And since October, I've been one of his biggest supporters on here, but maybe you missed that too. I'm gonna guess that you either missed that or just didn't feel like acknowledging that.
I remember one poster saying we should have traded him this past off season while his value was high. And even earlier this season there was a decent contingent thinking he should be in the minors.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember one poster saying we should have traded him this past off season while his value was high. And even earlier this season there was a decent contingent thinking he should be in the minors.
I've pretty much been off the ''He needs time in the minors'' since probably late October, maybe even earlier than that.

I've praised him left and right this season, as well as went as far as to say that he might be better than Adam Henrique pretty soon and that he's already better than David Clarkson, outside of that fluke 30 goal season that Clarkson had. And even including that, he's probably better than Clarkson even that year, as that was clearly an anomaly season (assuming this isn't an anomaly season for Wood) and he's much more skilled than Clarkson. Clarkson was also 27 that season, while Wood is only 22.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Wood looks like he’s trying to prove something almost every shift, Love player he’s turning into

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Looks like Zajac was given an easier workload vs the Sabres, and low and behold, his possessions #'s were solid.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Currently 4th on the team in corsi %.
And to me his much improved possession numbers are congruent with his improved play on the eye test.

He's on pace for 38 points, while playing on the 3rd line. With more PP time and a spot in the top 6/top 6 icetime, it's probably reasonable to say that he'd be producing at a 45 point pace right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad