GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
some of you guys (and girls) hang on every game too much. there are still 60+ more of these and our best player hasn't played well and our best offensive player has been out

its not the end of the world

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
All I wanted was for them to tread water with Hall out. They're just below 0.5 since he's been out.

He drives so much of our offense it's ridiculous. If they can keep up this pace, or improve on it slightly, they'll be fine.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
To play as bad defensively as they did these last 2 games and still pick up 3 points, we should be laughing all the way to the bank right now. They could easily have gotten none.

They must be much better tomorrow. Pitt will be sharp after their no show this afternoon. Devils play loose like this and they will get destroyed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There will be overreaction here as always, but we snagged a point in a game where we probably didn't deserve one.

Is what it is, hope for better tomorrow.

Of course by the same token we lost a point in a game we actually scored four goals in.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
KUP1Uz2.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think I've been more annoyed at 3 points in 4 games in quite some time.

The way we got them. We probably deserved 0 points with our (no) showing in the 1st period's over these last two games.

They were awful.

They'd give up 10 goals against a team that was actually good, with these kinds of putrid displays.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I loathed the turnover and then lack of urgency to clear the puck from the crease by Severson on the first goal allowed.

It really bothered me.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I loathed the turnover and then lack of urgency to clear the puck from the crease by Severson on the first goal allowed.

It really bothered me.

The lack of urgency on that entire power play bothered me. And then we allowed another breakaway after that, later on in the power play. At least from what I unfortunately remember.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The lack of urgency on that entire power play bothered me. And then we allowed another breakaway after that, later on in the power play. At least from what I unfortunately remember.

Agree, aside from Moore's goal and that shift, we were sloppy and lackluster the entire period from the lazy first shift to the end of period horn.

But, Sevs just has to stop these gaffes, he's been in the league long enough now.

I think it was Zacha who got caught up ice on the 2nd goal allowed.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Agree, aside from Moore's goal and that shift, we were sloppy and lackluster the entire period from the lazy first shift to the end of period horn.

But, Sevs just has to stop these gaffes, he's been in the league long enough now.

Has he? lol

I've seen some pretty good, veteran, defenseman get pickpocketed like that. **** happens. Let it go.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Deb speculating on whether Hynes might starts Cory again tomorrow and change his mind on starting Kinkaid.:shakehead

If Kinkaid was playing as poorly as he was last year, I might not play him tomorrow night. But there's no reason not to play him. Throw Cory back in against Winnipeg or whoever next week. I'm not even sure if we're playing Winnipeg or Chicago first, I know we play them after Pittsburgh though. Start Cory against whoever we play on Tuesday and give Kinkaid a shot tomorrow night.

And our record when scoring first is downright ugly.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
6 - 3 - 1 over the last 10, with Hall being out for the last 6 of those. That's a playoff points pace.

Would like to see some more structure in their game but I'm definitely not complaining with where they're at after 20 games. It could be way worse.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
All I wanted was for them to tread water with Hall out. They're just below 0.5 since he's been out.

He drives so much of our offense it's ridiculous. If they can keep up this pace, or improve on it slightly, they'll be fine.

I mean, offense wasn't the issue tonight. The defense gives up wayyyy too many "A" chances.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Has he? lol

I've seen some pretty good, veteran, defenseman get pickpocketed like that. **** happens. Let it go.

If he wants to take the leap to a top defenseman in this league he will have to clean that part up and be more careful/aware with the puck.

He's a good young player in this league, I'd like to see him develop into a great young player.

As for the whole game, yeah a point, but it was a home loss to a conference team.
Thankfully they are scoring some goals of late but they will have to tighten up on the road and especially while Hall is out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm currently awaiting the ''Cory Schneider is having a bad start to the season, only a .915 save percentage over 16 games. He's no longer an elite goalie'' on the main board.

With how fast these idiots rush to make a thread about how good Cam Ward and Jimmy Howard have started this season and how they've ''Turned it around and rejuvenated their careers'', I'm sure that thread is coming.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I mean, offense wasn't the issue tonight. The defense gives up wayyyy too many "A" chances.

The best defense is a good offense, or something like that. Sure we didn't need the goals tonight but having Hall control the play like he does, keep possession in the offensive end etc makes it so there's less to actually defend. Plus when he doesn't have the puck he's not bad defensively, his tenacity and compete level makes it difficult on the opposition. He just makes our team SO much better overall.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If he wants to take the leap to a top defenseman in this league he will have to clean that part up and be more careful/aware with the puck.

He's a good young player in this league, I'd like to see him develop into a great young player.

As for the whole game, yeah a point, but it was a home loss to a conference team.
Thankfully they are scoring some goals of late but they will have to tighten up on the road and especially while Hall is out.

Yea, I've seen top defensemen in the league lose the puck like that. I don't get it? He's cleaned up that part of his game considerably, just because it happens here and there doesn't mean ****.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If anything is unbearable recently it's Cory Schneider between the pipes. What games have you been watching?
His play has been WEAK! He even knows it !

hes had a few bad games, sure. who cares? how about all the games he has stolen for us since hes been here?

Schneider is the absolute LAST thing I'm worrying about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad