GDT: Devils vs. Maple Leafs - 7:30PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Tough matchup tonight. I feel like they've got a similar build but Toronto is further along in their collective development process. Need a big game from Cory.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Let's get focused people
giphy.gif

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Beautiful lines. That second line has more skill and speed than our whole team over the last 5 years.
I just have visions of a third line of Henrique/Zajac/Stafford in a few months. If we can stay competitive until then (baring significant injuries or nuclear war with North Korea) , this team has a chance at the playoffs.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I expect to lose but really hope we win. Leafs fans have become insufferably arrogant
There are lots of good Leaf fans but you don't see them cause they're not the ones constantly posting the ****.
I'm impressed with what the Devils have done in a short time. People talk about Eichel and the Sabres, Carolina and the D but IMO Jersey is quietly putting something very nice together. Wouldn't be surprised to see you leap frog some of them very soon. Enjoy the being taken for granted at the moment. I have a feeling that will change soon. I can't wish you luck tonight because I need my team to win but after that, good luck. Steal a spot from the Rangers or Philly or whoever would be a nice shock to their fanbases.

FooteBahl

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
When you see a pic or GIF you want to post here, right click on it and click "copy image address" then paste that URL in your comment here after clicking the "photo" icon.
My initial post cut off...I hardly ever use a pc when I’m on this site. On my iPhone 99% of the time.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Here's to Nico getting his 1st Goal outta the way tonight

Well, if there's anything you can guarantee against the Leafs it's that we'll give up first NHL goals to most players in the league!

Anyway, just came over to check out your guys GDT. I like the look of your team this year, and think there's a chance to sneak into the playoffs, similar to us last year. Good luck tonight, and hopefully Boyle comes back soon for you guys!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I remember during the offseason hoping that we could have a Toronto-lite rebuild with Nico, McLeod, and other kids coming in and transforming the complexion of the team. It looks like Nico and Bratt are on their way to doing that. Not that Bratt will keep up his torrid pace, but he has a presence on the ice that's special. With Henrique, Palmieri, Johansson, eventually Zajac in supporting roles, and Hall continuing to do what he does, this offense ain't bad. Zacha is a huge X-factor too. If he starts doing what what he's capable of offensively, watch out.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Well, if there's anything you can guarantee against the Leafs it's that we'll give up first NHL goals to most players in the league!

That must be a Lou thing. Marty used to give up first NHL goals all the time.

FooteBahl

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
E22wwe

I remember during the offseason hoping that we could have a Toronto-lite rebuild with Nico, McLeod, and other kids coming in and transforming the complexion of the team. It looks like Nico and Bratt are on their way to doing that. Not that Bratt will keep up his torrid pace, but he has a presence on the ice that's special. With Henrique, Palmieri, Johansson, eventually Zajac in supporting roles, and Hall continuing to do what he does, this offense ain't bad. Zacha is a huge X-factor too. If he starts doing what what he's capable of offensively, watch out.
That’s what I’m hoping for too. No we don’t have a Matthews type players, but I think Noco is on par with Marner...if not better. If you had draft 10 forwards on both teams what would it look like in your opinion? I’ll take a shot at it...
1. Matthews
2. Hall
3. Hischier
4. Marner
5. Nylander
6. Johansson
7. JVR
8. Palms
9. Kadri
10. Zacha.

Forgive me if this is horrible

Status