GDT: Devils vs. Jets - 8:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Can't disagree with you...Lovejoy is pretty terrible. He looks like when Salvador turned into a corpse. Some of the worst puck control I've seen. He makes Kyle Quincey look like a puck mover.

Lovejoy clearly doesn't believe in passes. In the D zone it's chip off the glass or wrap, in the neutral zone its dump it in, and in the o-zone it's punch it back into the corner.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Can't disagree with you...Lovejoy is pretty terrible. He looks like when Salvador turned into a corpse. Some of the worst puck control I've seen. He makes Kyle Quincey look like a puck mover.

That's Lovejoy though.

He's #4/5 who is solid in the defensive zone and on the PK. If you pair him with a guy who can't move the puck out of the zone (read Merrill instead of Auvitu), he will struggle. On the PK, he has been phenomenal all year and he's decent but not great anywhere else.

That's not even considering he's playing well over his head though on the second pair at even strength.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lovejoy is playing more than he probably should be and against tougher competition than he ideally should be.

He's not nearly as bad as post 2012 Salvador though, who also was playing way more than he should have, for reasons unknown.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really don't like Moore, but you can do worse for a third pairing guy. He is youngish and can skate. Lovejoy is more of a plug. I wouldn't mind losing either, but we can protect one so Moore makes more sense.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I really don't like Moore, but you can do worse for a third pairing guy. He is youngish and can skate. Lovejoy is more of a plug. I wouldn't mind losing either, but we can protect one so Moore makes more sense.

I'd probably keep Lovejoy because after Severson all we've got on the right side is Santini, and I'd rather not have to count on him being a top 4 guy right away. Obviously if we get Shattenkirk that would change, but I don't think we're going to get him. Which probably means trying to pry a defenseman away from somebody like Anaheim, Minnesota, or Nashville who might risk losing a pretty good one for nothing in the expansion draft. Shero has added top 6 help in back to back summers. I think this summer he goes for a defenseman.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
Sorry in advance if you guys have discussed this already but how long does Bennett have to stay out now that he's on IR? Minimum of 7 days? ...Not like it really matters i guess /:

Also, I woke up today and can't believe how bad we looked last night against a 12 loss team with an awful goal differential. All with our #1 goalie in. Smh.
Blackhawks are probabaly the best team in the league right now. This is going to suck so bad tomorrow. I honestly feel like the only team the Devils can beat right now is AZ and I'm worried Hall is trying to come back too soon. :::waits for people to tell me to shut up because it's only 26 games in but in reality every game counts in this league and I'm ****ing sick of this team looking like this every year:::

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Sorry in advance if you guys have discussed this already but how long does Bennett have to stay out now that he's on IR? Minimum of 7 days? ...No like it really matters i guess /:

I think it is 7 days retroactive to the injury date. Hopefully it's to buy time to try to ship a spare forward out

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
I think it is 7 days retroactive to the injury date. Hopefully it's to buy time to try to ship a spare forward out

Thanks.
Was only a matter of time before he got hurt. Not like he was lighting it up but I guess I'll sort of miss his stick handling and shots off the post(s)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thanks.
Was only a matter of time before he got hurt. Not like he was lighting it up but I guess I'll sort of miss his stick handling and shots off the post(s)

He has been solid and has a role as a middle sixer. Other guys are supposed to be relied on for primary scoring. Not him as much.

Also this was kind of a freak injury because it is a laceration.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't believe Steve actually jinxes the team. I just enjoy giving him ****. He's like that annoying relative that drives you nuts, but at the end of the day is still part of your family. Besides, it could be worse. We could have Steigerwald, or that idiot that does Avs games, or that tool in St. Louis who creams his pants all the time.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't believe Steve actually jinxes the team. I just enjoy giving him ****. He's like that annoying relative that drives you nuts, but at the end of the day is still part of your family. Besides, it could be worse. We could have Steigerwald, or that idiot that does Avs games, or that tool in St. Louis who creams his pants all the time.
Add in Tyson Nash in place of Dano. He's the biggest company tool there is.

If I didn't know anybody, I'd think the Coyotes were the best team in the league when turning on that broadcast.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Sorry in advance if you guys have discussed this already but how long does Bennett have to stay out now that he's on IR? Minimum of 7 days? ...Not like it really matters i guess /:

Also, I woke up today and can't believe how bad we looked last night against a 12 loss team with an awful goal differential. All with our #1 goalie in. Smh.
Blackhawks are probabaly the best team in the league right now. This is going to suck so bad tomorrow. I honestly feel like the only team the Devils can beat right now is AZ and I'm worried Hall is trying to come back too soon. :::waits for people to tell me to shut up because it's only 26 games in but in reality every game counts in this league and I'm ****ing sick of this team looking like this every year:::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMnMSpGxno

Would embed the video but it'll technically bypass the filter.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
pro athletes believe in superstitions all the time - goalies are famous for them so what's wrong with the fans having their own too?

Gretzky used to eat the exact same pregame meal every game - FOUR hot dogs, preferably loaded with onions and mustard. Ritual or superstition?

Goalies are weird weird people though. It does make sense because the position has such a big mental aspect so anything to get into the zone.

Steve is a giant jinx though, but worse is he just sucks at his job.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
It gets old, but it was another tough and hard fought effort. The defense in the 2nd period was what did us in.

How anyone can blame Cory for that 3rd goal is hilarious. Whether it hit Merrill's stick or not, it went perfectly top corner. There's only so much you can do as the goalie.

As a former goalie - I sure as hell blame him. Every NHL goaltender needs to stop that.

He didn't challenge enough and get out to cut the angle, and he went down when he shouldn't have. There's no reason to butterfly at that range. Nice shot, top shelf, no doubt, but a complete crap goal if you are a goalie.

He hasn't been up to his normal Vezina caliber self the last few games, but Cory is the least of our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad