GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It honestly makes me laugh sometime how bi polar this board is. Last week everything was on fire and the world was ending and now because we won two in a row it's "we're going on a run" "Cory is good again" "playoff run" lol.
Coaching still sucks balls like they were a tasty jaw breaker....but you can't let that stop you from being happy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coaching still sucks balls like they were a tasty jaw breaker....but you can't let that stop you from being happy.

It seems like all they can do is get a good amount of shots and allow an absurd amount, or barely get any shots and only allow a respectable number of shots against. And even tonight we still allowed 30, though it seemed like quite a few came on the PK.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Still makes me smile knowing they trusted Santini out there in the final minutes trying to protect the lead. He played it perfectly too. New toy syndrome? Maybe a little bit but even trying to be objective as possible I'm finding hard to have much to complain about his game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This wasn't the first time Cory played in back to back's all year, he played back to back's two weeks ago after his first shutout.

Deb said it was the first.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Still makes me smile knowing they trusted Santini out there in the final minutes trying to protect the lead. He played it perfectly too. New toy syndrome? Maybe a little bit but even trying to be objective as possible I'm finding hard to have much to complain about his game.

He doesn't panic when he has the puck in his own end, unlike half our defenders. Some of it is probably shiny new toy syndrome, and I'm sure there will be some growing pains just as there have been with others, but so far so good with Santini.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

It isn't New Toy Syndrome, it's recurring nightmares of Lead DeBlower throwing Bryce Salvador's lifelessly immobile carcass out there for the entire final five minutes. :pullhair:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It honestly makes me laugh sometime how bi polar this board is. Last week everything was on fire and the world was ending and now because we won two in a row it's "we're going on a run" "Cory is good again" "playoff run" lol.

To be fair I honestly didn't realize they were as close as they were of the playoff race, I thought they'd have been 15 points out. Thank goodness the Flyers started losing as much as us lately and nobody else has filled the void yet.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
To be fair I honestly didn't realize they were as close as they were of the playoff race, I thought they'd have been 15 points out. Thank goodness the Flyers started losing as much as us lately and nobody else has filled the void yet.

Flyers never had the horses to keep that up. We need to string a few more wins together to really salvage things.

Still this is a good start.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Flyers never had the horses to keep that up. We need to string a few more wins together to really salvage things.

Still this is a good start.

Columbus is running away with the division, that lead is too big, but we definitely have the opportunity to make a run at a wildcard spot.

Would have really liked to have swept the Caps last week. With two regulation wins we would have been at 41 right now with PHI at 45 and WAS at 48.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It isn't New Toy Syndrome, it's recurring nightmares of Lead DeBlower throwing Bryce Salvador's lifelessly immobile carcass out there for the entire final five minutes. :pullhair:

Don't forget Gionta and Harrold! Probably Bernier too, I don't even remember anymore.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Missed the majority of the game tonight, seems like we played okay but Cory saved our bacon a few times. Really glad with Santini looking good. We need him to pan out for us.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm ecstatic how Santini, even with the lack of significant ice time, has stabilized the defense.

Cory doesn't seem to be flopping around like a fish to make saves.

I hadn't noticed if the forwards are helping out more in their own zone, but it's quite a significant

Granted, Boston and Carolina aren't Pitt and NYR, and still giving up 30 shotes won't help, but the D seems more confident.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I'm telling you with a few other roster moves, we'll be playing much better hockey.

Playing Merill and Santini is a step in the right direction defensively. Now we just got to get Auvitu out there for one of Quincey or Lovejoy (preferably Quincey since he appears to be getting cold as the season goes along).

Playing Zacha at first line center with Hall and PAP has really helped his possession numbers. He doesn't look lost up there and has the style to play alongside Hall. His possession numbers are starting to look quite solid now.

Now if we can just get offensive blackholes like DSP and Kalinin out of the lineup we'll be doing better. I really am hoping to see at least one of JQ or Blandisi in the coming weeks. I really think it would help our team.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Seemed much of the game could have gone either way but Schneider and Santini both had solid performances tonight and the team held on despite looking a little drained from the back to back. The gwg from Cammalleri was part luck but hey, back to back regulation wins, got no complaints. I just hope the franchise can solve the power play woes because it's truly unwatchable.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Buzzkill.:laugh:

One unimpressive win over the Hurricanes doesn't change anything. This team needs to go on a run and considering the dreaded western Canada road trip is looming all the good vibes are going to be gone soon. Hope they prove me wrong.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
One unimpressive win over the Hurricanes doesn't change anything. This team needs to go on a run and considering the dreaded western Canada road trip is looming all the good vibes are going to be gone soon. Hope they prove me wrong.

Agree. Giving up 30 shots to the Canes is not good. Cory played well. The D was ok. Hard to judge the D because Greene went out. After that, pairs were scrambled, ice time got out of hand. But against a stronger team, the Devils would not have fared well.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Agree. Giving up 30 shots to the Canes is not good. Cory played well. The D was ok. Hard to judge the D because Greene went out. After that, pairs were scrambled, ice time got out of hand. But against a stronger team, the Devils would not have fared well.

Giving up 30 shots to the Canes playing on a back to back when arguably your best defenseman plays 7 minutes? That is definitely good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad