GDT: Devils vs. Flames - 9:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Another night in hotel room. Not sure if I'm going to be able to see this one :(

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All day long I keep thinking "It's only 9am?" "It's only 2pm?" "It's only 6pm?"

DST makes this essentially a 10pm game.

I am going to run for office on a platform of eliminating DST and pennies.
I've never understood why we do daylight savings time. It just doesn't feel right for the sun to be setting before 5:30 and eventually before 5:00 before it starts going the other way, right before Christmas. Up In jersey, the sun sometimes sets at some ridiculous time like 4:23 PM, right before Christmas. Maybe it's 4:33 or something, but it's still weird.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I've never understood why we do daylight savings time. It just doesn't feel right for the sun to be setting before 5:30 and eventually before 5:00 before it starts going the other way, right before Christmas. Up In jersey, the sun sometimes sets at some ridiculous time like 4:23 PM, right before Christmas. Maybe it's 4:33 or something, but it's still weird.

I think it originally had something to do with farming and saving energy during the war. Nowadays I think the rationale is that it's so kids don't have to wait for the school bus in the dark. I just hate being "off" for a week.

The Wumpus

May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
that or he works at a dock.

I cursed a lot more when I worked at a dock

I had to watch my mouth when I worked in a warehouse because of the radio. They had it on in the office and the managers did not appreciate the more colorful outbursts that would sometimes occur.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it originally had something to do with farming and saving energy during the war. Nowadays I think the rationale is that it's so kids don't have to wait for the school bus in the dark. I just hate being "off" for a week.
It wasn't even up until 2004 or 2005, that we started to push the clock forward in March. It was usually the first week of April, if I recall correctly. So since then, it's been a whole month earlier. And I'm pretty sure we pushed the clock back before Halloween, before that time. Usually a week earlier than what it is now.

There's actually a few states that don't even do it. Hawaii and Arizona, off the top of my head. And I even think there's one state that only does it in certain parts of the state, and doesn't in other parts. I think it's Indiana or maybe Indiana is just one of the states that doesn't do it at all. I remember a girl I knew that lived out there, a long time ago. And she was saying that don't do it where she was staying at, which I wasn't aware of at that time.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Long day with TFC, glad it was an afternoon game though and I'll get to watch this one though I'm expecting a loss.

Let's go Devils!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We usually lose up in Calgary (I think they're the team in which we have our lowest winning percentage against as a franchise) but we did beat them in Calgary last year, which I think Kinkaid was in net for, if I recall correctly.

It was actually one of our better games last year, at least after the first month. I don't think we were outshot by a whole lot, if at all.

The Wumpus

May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Flames need to go to these full-time. Another one that never should have been changed.

upload_2017-11-5_21-2-51.png

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is it worse if we lose the next 3 beyond regulation and go 9-3-3 again or just go 9-4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad