GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 5:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
This one will go down in history JK3. One of the best GDT of the season with the fewest post. I wonder why.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This one will go down in history JK3. One of the best GDT of the season with the fewest post. I wonder why.

Everybody fell asleep.

Oddly enough, I literally slept for about 95-100 minutes all night and made it through to the end of this one.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The team is basically unwatchable at this point. I've managed to forget the majority of the 14 - 15 season but as bad as that one was, this season actually feels worse even though the franchise is in a better position than it was 2 years ago. What really sucks about the entire situation is that when you look at where they stand today, it makes you feel like they're literally going nowhere while they've actually taken some positive steps in the right direction. It's hard to feel positive when there is absolutely nothing to show for it in regards to results.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lmaoooooo people are actually getting mad at this game when we are missing Cammalleri Josefson Wood Severson and Greene? And thats after knowing we suck badly when healthy?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is whats best for the bigger picture. Play the kids, do your best, hope for the best draft position and then make some moves then start again in September. We are only in year two of the rebuild people.

Would be fantastic to win the lottery for the 1 or 2 seed.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Yep, I couldn't care less about this type of game. It was bad. But who cares unless you're there? I'm going to one more this season and I always want to beat the Rags. Otherwise, every loss is another ping pong ball in the pot for the draft lottery.

This season's over. We've got the longest losing streak in the league currently.

Get the kids some PT, outcomes are meaningless at this point. Bring on the offseason.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Personally I think it's about his feelings and his mentality about this whole thing...those are just off for some reason. He just looks and sounds like he's not in this wholeheartedly. He just doesn't seem happy with the Devils.

He went from playing with McDavid to playing here. Oilers are going to make the playoffs and he's on the worst team in the east. I don't blame him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lmaoooooo people are actually getting mad at this game when we are missing Cammalleri Josefson Wood Severson and Greene? And thats after knowing we suck badly when healthy?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is whats best for the bigger picture. Play the kids, do your best, hope for the best draft position and then make some moves then start again in September. We are only in year two of the rebuild people.

Would be fantastic to win the lottery for the 1 or 2 seed.

It's pretty bad when Josefson is listed as one of the players that wasn't playing today.:laugh:

I actually didn't even realize Wood was out today haha. I guess I read it earlier, but I was beyond annoyed when I saw Cory was starting, I overlooked that one.

I did notice Stollery and he was unfortunately the worst player on the ice in this game. Hope it was fatigue and the third night in a row of playing, because I thought he was fairly solid for what he was during his first call up and extended stay.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm not surprised the team lost badly with this lineup. It is half a replacement level roster with so many guys out.

My issue is that this level of bad play is not new. The lack of fight along the boards, the standing around, the not knowing where their positions are. These are issues we have had all year with a fully healthy lineup.

We need more talent, but we need to get our compete level back to an acceptable level. We need to learn how to play basic hockey again.

I don't know if they just need some different players, or a new coach but something has to give this offseason, because we can't keep playing like this next year no matter who we bring in.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not surprised the team lost badly with this lineup. It is half a replacement level roster with so many guys out.

My issue is that this level of bad play is not new. The lack of fight along the boards, the standing around, the not knowing where their positions are. These are issues we have had all year with a fully healthy lineup.

We need more talent, but we need to get our compete level back to an acceptable level. We need to learn how to play basic hockey again.

I don't know if they just need some different players, or a new coach but something has to give this offseason, because we can't keep playing like this next year no matter who we bring in.

I thought we played pretty respectable today and in the Washington game, we were terrible in Boston though.

If I'm gonna blame Hynes for anything today, it's the fact he started Cory. It really wasn't needed. It made no sense, unless Kinkaid was injured (but healthy enough to dress as the backup) or under the weather. He sat Cory in the Islanders back to back a couple weeks ago when were a mere 5 points out or something and going up against our direct competition for that last playoff spot at the time, then plays him when we're finished and have a mostly AHL lineup?

For the record, I was for Kinkaid playing that Islanders game and not Cory in the first place. I also would have said the same thing today if Cory played and had a 42 save shutout.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014

We're extremely easy to play against, have been for awhile. Really makes it hard to watch sometimes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is he that bad? Completely useless? I mean, his hockey developement was seriously postponed before...

He's just more of the same IMO.

We have too many players like him, some better than others. Still a too small sample size to his NHL career yet, to say for sure what he is. Might have a 3rd line ceiling though. At the absolute best at least.

Or maybe he's just a career 4th liner too. Like Josefson, like DSP, like some of the call ups from the last few games and guys in Albany. Lappin, Coleman, Pietila, Rooney (he's been really bad), etc. I think Lappin could be better than most of them though.

Bennett is in that group if we're only going by this season, although he's by far the best of these players. I'd give him next year to see if has a little more luck or see if this continues.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I'm just pissed that Cory decided to suck this year instead of the prior two. Really, I look at the current lineup and really can't get that mad. The problem is that the fans don't have anything to hang their hat onto. We have some decent prospects, however, no special player in the wings. If the hockey Gods want to be kind to us, next year players like JQ and McLeod come in and contribute. Zacha possibly having a 40/50 pt, season. And if he's truly kind, one of the top two picks in this year's draft.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Remember when you looked forward to a game? I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore. It's sad. The product is absolutely unwatchable at this point.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Remember when you looked forward to a game? I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore. It's sad. The product is absolutely unwatchable at this point.

They played well and exciting vs the Rags.

But the past few games have been abysmal.

I could see less than 200 posts in the next few game threads.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

Yeah I just pretty much watch a few minutes and then check the standings at 1030 hoping we moved further into lottery territory.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They played well and exciting vs the Rags.

But the past few games have been abysmal.

I could see less than 200 posts in the next few game threads.

They played bad defensively against the Rangers, but actually played about as good offensively as they were bad at defense in that game.

Montreal game was similar, although I definitely think we were the better team that night by a little bit and we didn't play as bad defensively as we did in the Rangers game or the Boston game.

Played great defensively at Washington, the offense was just non-existent. One of the worst offensive games I've ever seen and one of the easiest shutouts I've seen in quite some time.

Played terribad defensively at Boston and once again, the offense was non-existent. Puck was hitting Cory that night and it wasn't a blowout.

Played great defensively yesterday, aside from a few guys who were downright awful. Puck just wasn't hitting Cory this time. Played pretty close to the norm of the prior 2 games offensively. Which was damn near close to non-existent. A little bit better than Washington, not a whole lot better than against Boston. The Bob is much better than Khudobin (see ya in the K next year), so we probably needed a couple better chances just to score on him, where we could have scored on Khudobin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad