GDT: Devils vs. Blackhawks - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
The Henrique is playing awful narrative is the most ridiculous thing on this board in 2017.

It's worse than the, "Mueller is awful & a wasted 2nd Round pick" nonsense, the "John Merrill is a huge loss for this team" nonsense, and the, "Zacha must play 61 minutes in a 60 minute game because he's better than Mario Lemieux" nonsense.

Over the course of the last FOUR seasons, Henrique averaged 44 points, and right now he on pace for 43.4 points.

In other words, Adam Henrique is producing points about the same as Adam Henrique normally produces points.

I didn't say he sucked. All I'm saying that I rather trade Henrique than send Zacha down

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Last night was nice - hell, scoring 7 is amazing...but we're not out of the woods yet. By all accounts on the Blackhawks board, Chicago is a complete trainwreck this season. Even Toews is getting flack.

(Edit: btw, not to do the 'my fanbase is better than yours thing, but...' they are on like pg15/post400 from last night and I think we typically drive up to 1500 posts on the gdts... maybe they are fat and lazy from sipping champagne from cups and we're hungry?)

Nice that we got a couple wins in our pockets against teams that have always been tough for us not too far in the past... but we aren't playing great hockey yet - so I'm hesitant to get too optimistic about this.

On the bright side, if you'd have shown me Palmieri, Henrique and Mojo's point totals at this point, I would have thought we wouldn't have 5 wins.

The secondary scoring from unexpected sources thus far has been really really encouraging.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
(Edit: btw, not to do the 'my fanbase is better than yours thing, but...' they are on like pg15/post400 from last night and I think we typically drive up to 1500 posts on the gdts... maybe they are fat and lazy from sipping champagne from cups and we're hungry?)

Did Bill Wirtz come back from the dead?

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
One of the most entertaining games i have seen. Cant remember when was the last time we had a team that refused to lose. Imo last time that was, Jamie was our captain and he had not gotten nick name crankypants yet. I watched the highlights of the game twice, just to savor it.

Reactions: Oneiro

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
circling back on last night, aside from the obvious stuff.....

i thought butcher held his own with less sheltered deployment than he usually gets (the entire group of five d were solid over the final 40)

the little play(s) by bratt/hischier leading up to wood's hat-trick tally were magic

i thought for sure that kane goal in the dying seconds of the second would spell bad things for the third

zacha looked good

coleman is a fricken workhorse out there on pucks

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Are you serious? It was one game. What are you going to say on Friday if wood plays an atrocious game Thursday and literally costs the team a goal. Stop it.

Um - to be fair - he's had a very good season and has clearly demonstrated that he is one of our most dynamic players since he was first called up. It isn't 'just one game' as he had a two goal game against the Rags and has been around the net a ton this year. Just because he isn't a first rounder or completely surprising as a 6th rounder doesn't mean he shouldn't be afforded the same amount of gaffs as Nico, or Butcher or Jesper, or Severson or any of our young players.

I can point to a number of players that have cost us more goals and more games, so maybe it is time for you to stop your narrative instead.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm not sure I understand.

He is 5th among forwards on the team in shots.
He is tied for 4th on the team in takeaways.
He has three giveaways for the entire season. To put that into perspective: Hall has 14, Zacha 10, and four defensemen have 10+.
If you think Henrique has been just fine these last 8-10 games then you are doing a huge disservice to him. He has contributed zilch lately. He is a better player than that and needs to do better.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone know how Wood's CF+ was last night? I think we should send him to Binghamton. He's just not driving play.
He’s been astronomically better this year. It’s almost unbelievable how much he’s improved. I’ve been happy with him from the start of the season.

Really thought he needed some AHL time to start the season, in order to improve this much.

I can’t even emphasize how much he’s improved this season.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
If you think Henrique has been just fine these last 8-10 games then you are doing a huge disservice to him. He has contributed zilch lately. He is a better player than that and needs to do better.
The team also had the majority of its losses during that span, so you can probably say the same for everyone.

I don't understand this narrative that Henrique has been particularly bad when in the big picture, he has been one of the better defensive players on the team and he is on pace for an average point total by his standards.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The team also had the majority of its losses during that span, so you can probably say the same for everyone.

I don't understand this narrative that Henrique has been particularly bad when in the big picture, he has been one of the better defensive players on the team and he is on pace for an average point total by his standards.
He had a fantastic start. But he has played some uninspiring hockey for the last two weeks. How is this wrong? Its not.

He is better than this. Idc about his point production. I care about the effort. It hasn’t been there lately. He almost looks like he is playing injured these past few games. Maybe he is but that would be the only excuse for his lackluster play. Zajac cannot come back sooner because that will take a lot of pressure off Henrique and maybe force him on the 3rd line where he will flourish in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I am one who is harder on Wood. He has indeed improved his game tremendously which is amazing. I will keep calling him out on games where I see it. I thought he was bad on Saturday night with many egregious plays but my God what a game he had last night. If he can find some consistency and improve the little things then he will be one tremendous player for us. He is trending upwards.

Also he has learned when to use his speed and when not to. That was key. He can now slow the game down and setup plays.

Just wait until Mcleod joins the roster. My goodness, DAT SPEED.

Reactions: Bleedred

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Adam Henrique is the same player he's been for the last 2+ years, when his lazy, soft, no good ass scored 50 goals over that span on a dogshit offense. I don't know why people are expecting him to suddenly find consistency.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Adam Henrique is the same player he's been for the last 2+ years, when his lazy, soft, no good ass scored 50 goals over 2 years on a dog**** offense. I don't know why people are expecting him to suddenly find consistency.
Wit the Devils getting better forwards for the last few years his style and game is slowly become expendable. That is why we are pushing/wanting him to be better. If not then he will probably be gone soon or not re-signed at the end of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad