Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
In regards to Oduya if we sign him or not, I'm sure he's a better player now than when he left. Playing on a great team with great players in big game and may walk away with 2 rings helps.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
In regards to Oduya if we sign him or not, I'm sure he's a better player now than when he left. Playing on a great team with great players in big game and may walk away with 2 rings helps.
im hoping Chicago wins, because I don't see oduya leaving an awesome situation if he doesn't get it this time.

If he wins this year, I can see him going more towards financial stability and a home in Jersey.

GhostofKenKlee

I have read the theory that it just forces trades. However, there is a bit of ole boyz club out there. what was the last successful offer sheet?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Brandon Saad and Tyler Toffoli should be the guys you target on an offer sheet

it aint happening though

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
That's true most of them get matched only one I can remember is Penner. You can say SJ was successful from their offersheet to Hjalmarsson because they got what they wanted in Niemi because the blackhawks had to make a decision between the two due to the offersheet.
But this year it might be different with some of the teams in a cap crunch.

GhostofKenKlee

I guess these guys figure they have to deal with each other. There was an article about how Shero lied to Saad's dad about drafting him, instead taking Morrow. It would be interesting if he did offer him a contract. Shero and Lombardi seem like pals, I doubt he would cross him.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I liked Shero's response about how every team in the league on October 1st think they can make the playoffs, then when asked about the roster he said the season certainly isn't starting tomorrow.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-what-better-time-for-an-offer-sheet/

bob mckenzie on offer sheets

San Jose did it to Chicago and it doesn't seem like Chicago really holds a grudge. Same with nashville and philadelphia.

It's one avenue to explore with a guy like Galchenyuk and the flexibility of the Devils.

It would be great to offer sheet Galchenyuk.

"How much is too much" is almost the question when deciding to go through on such plans.

Is 6+ million something the Devils want to commit to? can MTL not afford to pay it?
are we willing to sacrifice 2016 1st, 2nd, and 3rd?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I don't want to give up 3 rounds of picks for one player, regardless of how good Galchenyuk is.

Like ZBC said, Saad and Toffoli would likely be the most realistic offer sheets on our end. Handcuff a cap-strapped team, force them to make a move or so. If they can't, we take their player.

I doubt that's the course of action though.

GhostofKenKlee

I liked Shero's response about how every team in the league on October 1st think they can make the playoffs, then when asked about the roster he said the season certainly isn't starting tomorrow.

:laugh:

I wish he was honest and said my forwards look like cold diarrea in a dixie cup.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Well, we're now limited in our offer sheet options as we gave up our 2016 3rd in the Hynes hire. So it's either go big (4 firsts) or go smaller. Neither will do us any good.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Steve Cangialosi ‏@CangyManMSG 51m51 minutes ago
And after a five year hiatus, I'm on Twitter. Tomorrow I toss all VHS tapes and start using Blu-ray. Fresh starts.

Steve Cangialosi ‏@CangyManMSG 29m29 minutes ago
John Hynes impressive in first press conference as Devs' head coach. No "sales pitch", appears all business, with acumen to handle media.

cangy has emerged. where is chere?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Well, we're now limited in our offer sheet options as we gave up our 2016 3rd in the Hynes hire. So it's either go big (4 firsts) or go smaller. Neither will do us any good.

damn i just saw its the nj pick they are giving up. i guess the slim chance becomes no chance.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't want to give up 3 rounds of picks for one player, regardless of how good Galchenyuk is.

Like ZBC said, Saad and Toffoli would likely be the most realistic offer sheets on our end. Handcuff a cap-strapped team, force them to make a move or so. If they can't, we take their player.

I doubt that's the course of action though.

Aside from debating who the better player is between Galchenyuk, Saad, and Toffoli, what difference does it make how much we give up?

salary offered and compensation is something we should examine as well.

Nonetheless, if Saad is who you want (and if Saad also agrees to getting moved here) let's be prepared to give up a couple of picks.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I like Ruutu but I wouldn't mind seeing him moved. Too many guys pushing for spots and I have a hard time believing Zubrus is moved before Ruutu.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Aside from debating who the better player is between Galchenyuk, Saad, and Toffoli, what difference does it make how much we give up?

salary offered and compensation is something we should examine as well.

Nonetheless, if Saad is who you want (and if Saad also agrees to getting moved here) let's be prepared to give up a couple of picks.

Tarasenko is listed as RFA. 4 firsts?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
damn i just saw its the nj pick they are giving up. i guess the slim chance becomes no chance.

If the Devils wanted to offer sheet someone and they needed their own 3rd, they could trade to get it back first.

Offer sheeting someone was unlikely either way, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad