Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

LOL, might as well start Schmid

Ya this doesn't make sense. Why call Schmid up just to have him work the bench door?

Real vote of confidence in Blackwood that they are preparing a backup plan so they don't have to play VV in the event Blackwood gets lit up.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ya this doesn't make sense. Why call Schmid up just to have him work the bench door?

Real vote of confidence in Blackwood that they are preparing a backup plan so they don't have to play VV in the event Blackwood gets lit up.
I think they could just leave him in there if he gets blown up tonight. Whether it's Vanecek or not backing up.

Like I said, Boston did this the other night against the Flyers the night after they played us. They didn't even bring Ullmark on the trip to Philly and called up an AHL guy to backup and started Swayman. They also scratched a few other big names too. I think Bergeron and Krejci were both out, but Pastrnak was in and I'm pretty sure Marchand was in.

Not sure if they even brought Vitek on the trip, but they probably did.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Hopefully they listen to what he says in last paragraph..he said it after his first game here and playoffs are a huge step up...Plus we want him here long term others have to step up...

Yea I don't mind them playing more conservative in terms of physicality since it's a long season and they play a demanding style, but when it comes to playoffs, I expect them to ramp it up.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Is it just me or does Halford sound a little off in this performance? Maybe he was on one of his benders or f***ed up, he got sober from everything a few years later in 86.

I've seen live performances of theirs from later than this and he sounded much better.

He don't sound half bad these days for a guy in his 70's.

Funny how much different he looked in the 70's and 80's, but his most famous look will always be the bald head, goatee, those big dark glasses, and mostly a long black coat that you always see him with.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Is it just me or does Halford sound a little off in this performance? Maybe he was on one of his benders or f***ed, he got sober from everything a few years later in 86.

I've seen live performances of theirs from later than this and he sounded much better.

He don't sound half bad these days for a guy in his 70's.

Funny how much different he looked in the 70's and 80's, but his most famous look will always be the bald head, goatee, those big dark glasses, and mostly a long black coat that you always see him with.

ya, i noticed that...does sound off...a bit flat at times

also, tim armstrong is another that really changed up his look since the early early years

Last edited:

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
I wonder if having Brunette on the coaching staff will be a leg up for us if we play FLA. Im sure he has plenty of in-depth knowledge on most of the players over there.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
ya, i noticed that...does sound off...a bit flat at times

also, tim armstrong is another that really changed up his look since the early early years
I can't remember exactly what his hair looked like in the Operation Ivy days, but it wasn't a mohawk. I think it was just short, if not shaved, but I remember him wearing a hat a lot back then.

Then in the 90's it was a really tall mohawk, but then as we got into the 00's I remember him always wearing a beanie. He may have still had the mohawk though. My guess he gave up on it as his hair loss was becoming too hard to pull off a mohawk and he was starting too lose too much of it in the middle, which is probably why he started to shave it in the early 10's and grew a beard instead, then he wound up tattooing the entire top of his head.

If I had to guess, his hair loss was too severe to even keep a mohawk anymore, which is actually extremely doable for most men in the earlier stages of hair loss. And then he went to the bald look, grew a beard which doesn't look like he's shaved a bit of since and then did the tattoos on the top of his head.

Reactions: njdevils1982

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
While we're still on Shero, I didn't have much problems with the Gusev and Subban trades, but they just didn't work out.

I don't think anybody expected Subban to start declining that early, but he did and that's why he didn't even make it to 33 years old in the NHL. I think it was reasonable to assume he wasn't gonna come here and fall off a cliff. I mean, it kind of started the year before, but even then it wasn't that bad.

Gusev looked like an NHL player at times that first year and scored a pretty decent number of points. I actually think maybe we should have seen it coming with him, much more than Subban. Maybe a 2nd round pick was too much for a guy that was 27 and never played in the NHL before. I do believe he was being billed as the best player in the KHL at the time or at least one of them.
Gusev... may be. Subban - not so well. I was not unhappy in the moment, I still ok with his game, but Shero clearly didn`t understand what is goin on with the team and what is goin on with defense. Devils had Butcher and Severson in the moment, Muller wasn`t great defenseman in the moment, Green getting older and Vatanen wasn`t made from stone. And the problem of devils defense was... defense. That was a gamble on a player, who wasn`t good as EV defense. Like Butcher, Muller and even Severson in the moment.
Gusev and Hughes were the biggest addition to offense. It was some kind of gamble too. Gusev was slow riding horse before the start. He showed pretty good production. But he was useless as 200 foot player. And we can`t say we had a lot of good complimentary players. The only complimentary addition was Simmonds who losted all of his wheels. Again I don`t think Shero clearly understand what is going on with the team, why they can`t win and what he should do with it. Results are crystal clear.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wonder if having Brunette on the coaching staff will be a leg up for us if we play FLA. Im sure he has plenty of in-depth knowledge on most of the players over there.
Maybe we’re trying to avoid Florida so he doesn’t go on a golf cart bender

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
Maybe we’re trying to avoid Florida so he doesn’t go on a golf cart bender
Ive been on many a golf cart bender right here in Jersey. If there's a will, there's a way. It would be pretty dope if we won the cup and he drove a golf cart right into the locker room celebration while being completely shit-ripped.

@My3Sons Can you get a DUI driving inside of a building?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With the emergence of Bahl and with how Luke has looked these two games, I think it's pretty easy to move on from Graves.

Question is what to do with Severson's spot. I think Nemec might need a little more cooking time

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Am i the only one who has issues loading the bracket challenge page?
I had trouble with the button for the challenge not working. I had to reload a couple times and open the site up again for it to work.

If its not that perhaps an adblocker is the problem?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Multiple Rag fans posting that their best chance is if Trouba takes out our “midgets”.

Devils need to just play their game, and outskate them. And be aware where that loser captain is.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Wait until they are down by the most

Screenshot 2023-04-13 220812.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad