Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar - 2 years @ $4.5M AAV

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm hoping these signings, especially Hamilton, really motivates the young guys this off-season to push even harder to get better. It can be deflating being on a losing team for so long. And sure everyone talks about being tired of losing, but actions speak louder and these moves signify a real change IMO.

A motivated Jack, Nico, Smith, etc can go a long way as well.

Reactions: HBK27

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm hoping these signings, especially Hamilton, really motivates the young guys this off-season to push even harder to get better. It can be deflating being on a losing team for so long. And sure everyone talks about being tired of losing, but actions speak louder and these moves signify a real change IMO.

A motivated Jack, Nico, Smith, etc can go a long way as well.
I think knowing you aren't going to be a bottom 5 team in the league will go a long way.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I believe some of you still think we are in 2018 where Pavel Zacha could barely crack a line up and Tatar was considered a first liner.

Nope, right here in 2021 where Zacha has yet to prove he can be a contributor 5v5. Zacha can contribute to a power play, he can be a decent PKer, and now he's added 4 on 4 and 3 on 3 to the areas of the game where he's probably better than average. He's bad at center and meh at wing. Maybe if he turns another corner he can be a good wing but he still just doesn't have the puck enough and struggles with the puck in the d zone.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Even with Tatar i think this lineup still has question marks

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Tatar - Hughes - Shara
??? - Boqvist - Kuokkanen
Wood - McLeod - Johnsson

If we can secure Tarasenko without moving roster pieces we can move Sharangovich to the third line. Otherwise it would become a lateral move at best.

Also I would strongly suggest looking at Brassard for a 1 year deal. He's still relatively young and I would feel more comfortable with him as a bottom 6 center vs Boqvist. Good, quality, cheap depth.

johnsson had 50 points with the leafs. if he bounces back, he could take a top 9 role

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah....No he is not. Zacha has not proven to be more than a bottom six player. Tatar has been elite at driving play.

Doesn’t that depend upon how you slice the baloney? I recall asking about the advanced stats and someone said that Zacha at wing with Bratt and Nico last year scored at a top six rate. I know it was a small sample size but sounds like it warrants a chance for those three to play together this season.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
holtz is already mature and physical strong to be a nhler
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad