Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar - 2 years @ $4.5M AAV

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Which then leads to the question, do you put Tatar in Bratt's spot so Zacha can stay with Nico? Would a Zacha/Hughes/Bratt line work?

Thought about this again and I think this is what I'd go with

Tatar-Hischier-Bratt
Kuokkanen-Hughes-Sharangovich

I don't think replacing Kuokkanen with Tatar will be as successful as people think. I do think Tatar over Zacha would be a massive improvement 5v5. Zacha can still do his thing on the pp. I'm not advocating for him to play 3C though...3LW hopefully.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Tatar-Hischier-Bratt

I don't think replacing Kuokkanen with Tatar will be as successful as people think. I do think Tatar over Zacha would be a massive improvement 5v5. Zacha can still do his thing on the pp. I'm not advocating for him to play 3C though...3LW hopefully.

Looking at what we have now that leaves Zacha with like Boqvist and Johnsson... That's dreadful. You cannot separate Zacha from Bratt and/or Nico. The potential boost you think Kuokkanen has instead of Tatar will not outweigh playing either Zacha or Tatar down the lineup.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Tatar-Hischier-Bratt

I guess I’m so hung up on getting Hughes a new winger that I pencil Tatar in on his wing. I’m still holding out hope we get Tarasenko but that’s looking like it’s not going to happen. Armstrong is being too stubborn I think on what he wants for Tank. At zero retention the most I’d give up is a 3rd or a “meh” prospect.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Looking at what we have now that leaves Zacha with like Boqvist and Johnsson... That's dreadful. You cannot separate Zacha from Bratt and/or Nico. The potential boost you think Kuokkanen has instead of Tatar will not outweigh playing either Zacha or Tatar down the lineup.
Ya I think to optimize the roster Zacha has to be put on Nico and Bratts line. No way Tatar should be in the third line so hopefully Tatar and Hughes work well together. Shame to see Shara on a third line as well so hopefully Tatar Hughes Shara works and the third line is made from three of Koukkanen Boqvist Johnson Mercer Foote Holtz (Mercer and Holtz just temporary on call ups to get looks)
Adding a decent 3c that can PK on a one or two year contract would be nice but not vital .
Bozak is the only UFA I can think of that is decent?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I guess I’m so hung up on getting Hughes a new winger that I pencil Tatar in on his wing. I’m still holding out hope we get Tarasenko but that’s looking like it’s not going to happen. Armstrong is being too stubborn I think on what he wants for Tank. At zero retention the most I’d give up is a 3rd or a “meh” prospect.

Even if we get Tarasenko I'm not convinced he'd be the better than Sharangovich. If we do get Tarasenko and he's like at least 75% of what he was then I like the idea of having Tatar/Kuokkanen as the LWs with Jack/Nico and the RWs being Sharangovich/Tarasenko. Then you put Zacha and Bratt with Boqvist. I like the balance of that lineup and I'd feel much better about having Boqvist as the 3C if he has Bratt there to help him along

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Even if we get Tarasenko I'm not convinced he'd be the better than Sharangovich. If we do get Tarasenko and he's like at least 75% of what he was then I like the idea of having Tatar/Kuokkanen as the LWs with Jack/Nico and the RWs being Sharangovich/Tarasenko. Then you put Zacha and Bratt with Boqvist. I like the balance of that lineup and I'd feel much better about having Boqvist as the 3C if he has Bratt there to help him along

This sounds most ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad