Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Nosek (1 year, $1 million)

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
1689788326815.png

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
One of the recent EA NHL games had the announcers calling him Tomas “No Sack” and that always cracked me up

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the whole "see ya mikey" thing is funny

yeah he might suck as a person (we'll see), but as a player? we all were drooling over him in playoffs. i'm definitely intrigued by these Center pickups

He had a couple big goals, including obviously the game 7 goal, but overall he wasn't great in the playoffs by the numbers.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
He had a couple big goals, including obviously the game 7 goal, but overall he wasn't great in the playoffs by the numbers.
maybe not by #s but he sure as hell was visibly giving effort

I won't lose any sleep over it, but i don't think he was necessarily replacement level, so i'm really just wondering how we're handling so many Cs

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
the whole "see ya mikey" thing is funny

yeah he might suck as a person (we'll see), but as a player? we all were drooling over him in playoffs. i'm definitely intrigued by these Center pickups
i think the 'see ya mikey' thing is this

if hes implicated as even having been there that night, we terminate the deal

and i dont think the league would force the cap to stay

imagine Ottwa has to eat Batherson's cap for six years.. doesnt make sense!

im hopeful i am wrong but seems like Mikey may be on his way out

Reactions: OmNomNom

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm all for having as many options for the 4th line as possible. He seems like he's a solid piece, especially for the PK.

If I'm going for a typical low event 4th liner, I'd much prefer Nosek over Lazar.
I could see this taking some of the PK minutes off of Nico. Love that Nico wants to play on the PK, but if you can get similar(or better) results from guys further down the lineup, I'm much rather do that.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
2. I don't know why we just didn't re-sign Boqvist

Ran out of roster spots and Boqvist didn't really profile to be a 4th liner. Nosek at least has a history of being a penalty killer and his faceoff prowess is a nice bonus.

Boqvist: 21 points in 70 games, 11:36 TOI, 33.2% FO
Nosek: 18 points in 66 games, 12:33 TOI, 59.3% FO

Maybe if you were starting an expansion team you'd go with Boqvist, but I think they were looking for a 4th line role player and Nosek arguably fits the bill.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I could see this taking some of the PK minutes off of Nico. Love that Nico wants to play on the PK, but if you can get similar(or better) results from guys further down the lineup, I'm much rather do that.

Possibly, but keep in mind that Rango played a ton of PK this year so we needed to have someone take that share. Nosek certainly seems like he can slot in there with ease.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
while i can see him as a winger..

idt Fitzgerald would clog those spots before the kids even got a chance

either way though i love the deal!

good player on a good deal; cant ever have enough of those

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Damn what a good deal. He is so much better than Mikey and much better for our bottom 6 than BQ anyway too
I think the only way he plays over Mikey is because of the off ice.

Possibly, but keep in mind that Rango played a ton of PK this year so we needed to have someone take that share. Nosek certainly seems like he can slot in there with ease.
Yes, but Shara didn't take faceoffs, and one may argue he wasn't actually good on the PK.

I thought Shara was more an experiment trying to create some Nico-Shara counter attacks, which was a thing, but don't think it made them an actually good tandem.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad