Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Peter Harrold

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
pretty cheap and a good #7 guy.

Just remove Volch and/or Sal before adding other dmen cause 8 dmen was a travesty.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Still for me an ideal #7 who could play RW in a pinch. This might mean another AHL season for Urbom/Gelinas. According to Google Translator, it's a 1-way deal.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
hes a fine depth DMen that can play forward too, and the contract is fine

but this better mean someone is moved.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
Glad to see him back, great 7th dman. I just don't want to see him taking time from Larsson next season.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
last year, guy made what $550K...2 years ago he was on a two way contract......I just don't see him being worth a 2 year, 1 way deal for 1.6 million. Especially not when we have other Dmen that are going to need a spot. I don't want Harrold taking up a roster spot. To me, this signing all but guarantees Urbom has absolutely no shot at a spot this year or perhaps even next. Gelinas should get a spot unless we re-sign Zidlicky.

Tallinder or Volchenkov have to go, tat much is certain!

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Still for me an ideal #7 who could play RW in a pinch. This might mean another AHL season for Urbom/Gelinas. According to Google Translator, it's a 1-way deal.

which is a damn disaster in of itself.

Lou loads up on these D prospects but doesn't give them time in the league and doesn't flip em. This depth of assets are going to be a pile of burdened young players with another year of this.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm pretty meh on Urbom. Gelinas I think would fill a great need, but we can't bring him up even if we don't re sign Zidlicky. That has nothing to do with Harrold though cause I don't want Gelinas as the number 7 anyway.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we go into next season with 8 dmen again I'm going to lose my ****.

I don't think we will. I think Zidlicky won't be brought back.

Or perhaps maybe a slight chance that Volchenkov is amnestied, or Tallinder is traded.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't think we will. I think Zidlicky won't be brought back.

Or perhaps maybe a slight chance that Volchenkov is amnestied, or Tallinder is traded.

Which in and of itself is ridiculous. For the crap I've hurled at Zids, he still has the one quality we need in a defensemen: a little bit of invention and skill. Harrold? What does he bring? He can't defend and he'll bring an eighth of the offense.

B A T M A N

Nice. I think Volchenkov could be traded back to Ottawa. Even if the return is subpar. And Tallinder, he has value. Just might be hard to find a team with cap willing to take him. I think we should be kicking every tire before we flirt with the buyout option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad