Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign G Eddie Lack

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eddie Lack is a good goalie to backup Keith Kinkaid. He had great numbers in Vancouver when he was a starter and his goalie coach Mark Melancin who is the goalie coach for the devils now is great for Lack to get his confidence back up. I like the move.
Lack hasn't been good in like 3 years now.

Not that I'm saying that this signing shouldn't have happened, just saying that what Lack did in Vancouver means nothing anymore, as he's been awful ever since.

By the way, the goalie coach is actually Roland Melanson.

Last edited:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
33-34-10

That's his career record before that in case you're wondering. I don't think it's wild to want to see him do what he did for more than 20 games.
As useless as pitcher wins. Outside of this year Kinkaid only played on the worst Devils teams of a lot of our lifetimes

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As useless as pitcher wins. Outside of this year Kinkaid only played on the worst Devils teams of a lot of our lifetimes
I think that's far say. We won a few games earlier in the year in spite of him, we lost a few games around the middle because of him, and I think we won a lot of games down the stretch in large part because of him and a few completely because of him. I don't really care so much about his wins, but he was pretty lights out from late February to the end of the regular season.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Fair, but my point still stands on wanting to see a larger sample size from him before I'm willing to say he's turned a corner at 29.

People do this with players all the time where they get hot for 20-30 games and suddenly they're the best thing since sliced bread. Kinkaid was great for 20 some games and completely average for 70+ games before that. Which do you think is likely the more accurate reflection of his ability?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
635946967150303322-604009158_tumblr_m1mf37kOWy1qcqqkzo1_r1_500.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fair, but my point still stands on wanting to see a larger sample size from him before I'm willing to say he's turned a corner at 29.

People do this with players all the time where they get hot for 20-30 games and suddenly they're the best thing since sliced bread. Kinkaid was great for 20 some games and completely average for 70+ games before that. Which do you think is likely the more accurate reflection of his ability?
I feel like people on the main board are like this. They rate players based more on what they did in a recent stretch or even in the last year more than what they've done over their entire careers. Especially with goaltenders. That's why like earlier in the year Vasilevskiy was like the best thing ever and a top 3-5 goalie, despite being just above average at best before this season.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Lack really sucks but this is clearly a depth move instead of having MBW backup Kinker when Schneids is out/vice versa. Don’t think management wants MBW as the third string after how terribad his last season in Bing was.

Reactions: Darkauron

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lack really sucks but this is clearly a depth move instead of having MBW backup Kinker when Schneids is out/vice versa. Don’t think management wants MBW as the third string after how terribad his last season in Bing was.

I think they just want a vet in the system. I don’t think this says anything about Blackwood

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Honestly, I thought there were better AHL/NHL tweener goalies out there, but I'm fine with Lack. Barring some catastrophe he's only gonna get a couple games at the NHL level at most.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well, I *DID* hear he has a good sense of humor, so there IS that. Also happy for him to have a chance to be in the Sweden game.

Think it makes sense. You have two goalies at both levels you intend to lean on before him. He is the insurance for the insurance.

Might as well hire a guy you like.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
From what I've read, he's very professional, much like Curtis McElhinney. Does his job, may not be the best, but coaches like him cause he's low-maintenance, as do teammates.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And both can't stop that rubber puck
McElhinney actually (surprisingly) has good save percentages over the last couple of years (he does fluctuate a lot though), but he's always failed the eye test for me. He gives up a lot of really dumb goals when I see him. I don't know if facing 800 shots a game on the Leafs blows up his save percentage or what. He has only started 30 games over the last two years, so it's not like he plays a lot. It might be Corey Schwab or Clemmensen syndrome, where they have inflated save percentages from playing a very small sample of games. Wedgewood that year with us was like that too. Only McElhinney still plays a lot more than they did in their years with the Devils.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
you're gonna cry if i tell you that mike mckenna is still in the league

he signed with the senators a few days ago
Ugh

I only know this because I watched him in a game against the Sharks last year when he played for Dallas and ''Shutout'' the Sharks. The Sharks were up 2-0, both goals were on Lehtonen. He left the game in the 1st period due to injury, then McKenna came in and stopped every shot the rest of the way and the Sharks lost like 3-2 or maybe it was 4-2. He didn't get credit for a shutout of course, but he stopped all the shots he faced in relief and played over 2 periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad