Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign G Eddie Lack

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Hope Cory is ready...

Wouldn’t have minded a fringe goalie signing to compete with Kinkaid / insurance if Cory isn’t ready. Not sure if Lack is that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hope Cory is ready...

Wouldn’t have minded a fringe goalie signing to compete with Kinkaid / insurance if Cory isn’t ready. Not sure if Lack is that.

Well it's not like Lack would play a ton of games, in fact the schedule's so light early even if Cory missed all of October it's doubtful Lack would play more than maybe a game or so, there's no back-to-backs till early November.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Well it's not like Lack would play a ton of games, in fact the schedule's so light early even if Cory missed all of October it's doubtful Lack would play more than maybe a game or so, there's no back-to-backs till early November.

I would still prefer someone who can more challenge Kinkaid for the backup position. I don’t trust him.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Its a one-day deal. What are they going to do carry 3 goaltenders? I can't help but think that perhaps a trade is brewing.

one-way has nothing to do with waivers. All it means is that he makes the same salary in the NHL vs the AHL

the NHL video games have screwed up people's views on this

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Signing Eddie Lack is not a reason to trade either of the other two goaltenders. He's on a one-way deal to financially keep him from going overseas or elsewhere. If he clears waivers when Cory comes back, he goes down to Bingo. If he doesn't, vaya con dios he'll get to play elsewhere.

one-way has nothing to do with waivers. All it means is that he makes the same salary in the NHL vs the AHL

the NHL video games have screwed up people's views on this

He still has to go through waivers either way, he's old enough and has played enough NHL games.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Signing Eddie Lack is not a reason to trade either of the other two goaltenders. He's on a one-way deal to financially keep him from going overseas or elsewhere. If he clears waivers when Cory comes back, he goes down to Bingo. If he doesn't, vaya con dios he'll get to play elsewhere.

He still has to go through waivers either way, he's old enough and has played enough NHL games.

well of course but I highly doubt anyone claims him

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I am grateful for what Kinkaid did to help get us to the playoffs but don't forget he was also horrendous for a number of weeks leading up to his hot stretch
And dont forget he never had a chance to play in a starters role before those weeks... it's a big adjustment to go from playing once every few weeks to every other day as a starter.
He'll get even better, will put up better #s then Cory again

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
And dont forget he never had a chance to play in a starters role before those weeks... it's a big adjustment to go from playing once every few weeks to every other day as a starter.
He'll get even better, will put up better #s then Cory again
He turns 29 this week

He is what he is

Reactions: Darkauron

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Eddie Lack is a good goalie to backup Keith Kinkaid. He had great numbers in Vancouver when he was a starter and his goalie coach Mark Melancin who is the goalie coach for the devils now is great for Lack to get his confidence back up. I like the move.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't trust Cory anymore, nor Kinkaid (as anything more than a backup/temporary starter/1b guy) and I sure as hell don't trust Eddie Lack at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad