GDT: Devils @ Rags - Give me something for the pain and let me die edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nah it would have been too toxic even more than already for the home games
I almost wish the fans would have taken it easy on him that game.

Maybe chant it in the final home game if we missed the playoffs and that's that.

This is reminiscent to when the Leafs fired Carlyle and Horachek coached out the year. They clearly got worse under Horachek, which I think that coaching happened earlier in the year.

But what if bas is damaged goods. Not to have him as a spare? Nosek (or Tierney).

We still have a 3C to find as well.
We can replace Bastian without having to re-sign Nosek.

And if Bastian is damaged goods, why are we to believe an even older player like Nosek who missed most of this year will not be damaged goods also? He clearly has not been as good as he was before he got hurt this year. That's for sure.

If he's brought back it probably won't be as a spare.

Tierney is the worst thing ever and probably wouldn't have played as many games if Nosek weren't hurt most of the year/the worthless pathetic excuse for a human didn't get exposed. I really didn't wanna see Tierney again after 2017 with the Sharks and yet here we are in 2024 talking about him coming back in 2025 when he probably isn't even an NHL player anymore?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Now I'm actually glad they lost last night so I could wash my hands of this season leaving the Prudential Center as opposed to from a distance when I wasn't even able to watch tonight.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I can’t wait till we have to root for one of the rancid Caps, old fart Pens or unimaginative Isles with the nutball coach. And these f***ers own the Canes the way they own us so I think resistance is futile till the Conference Finals at least.
Best case scenario, Boston somehow passes Rags so Rags end up with Tampa or Toronto

Reactions: NJDevs26

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It really is unbelievable. Meanwhile the Islanders have like 20 overtime games.
The Isles have a much bigger commitment to clutching and grabbing and interfering. It’s what allows teams to stay in games. NJ just what’s to skate and outscore the other team but they won’t do the dirty work to really slow the other team down. I get that the Bratt Nico Timo line is playing well but even Jack’s line is flawed right now and the other lines are meh. They need to get some guys with more discipline grit pushback and sophisticated cheating for next year.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The Isles have a much bigger commitment to clutching and grabbing and interfering. It’s what allows teams to stay in games. NJ just what’s to skate and outscore the other team but they won’t do the dirty work to really slow the other team down. I get that the Bratt Nico Timo line is playing well but even Jack’s line is flawed right now and the other lines are meh. They need to get some guys with more discipline grit pushback and sophisticated cheating for next year.
We play pond hockey and that's on coaching. We have a ton of actual talent but need more grit and better coaching. We're actually getting some goaltending now and still can't win games.

Don't get me wrong, we still need an upgrade in net, but the problems are deeper than who's in the net.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Best case scenario, Boston somehow passes Rags so Rags end up with Tampa or Toronto
I’m not even being a hater, but I just do not see it with the Rangers. Of course they can win any series if Igor does what he’s capable of, but that team is just not scary. Trouba has fallen off massively and their whole offense runs through Panarin and the PP. If he gets neutralized at all like we did to him last postseason, they don’t have anything.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I can’t wait till we have to root for one of the rancid Caps, old fart Pens or unimaginative Isles with the nutball coach. And these f***ers own the Canes the way they own us so I think resistance is futile till the Conference Finals at least.

The Canes will most likely rail road them if Andersen plays all 7 games. It took Raanta and Kochtekov for him to go 7 in 2022. Also for the love of god, can Aho and Svech show up versus them. It's also f***ing disgusting how their bums just go quiet against the Rags like Kotkaniemi and Martinook but become Gretzky versus us

Reactions: NJDevs26

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We play pond hockey and that's on coaching. We have a ton of actual talent but need more grit and better coaching. We're actually getting some goaltending now and still can't win games.

Don't get me wrong, we still need an upgrade in net, but the problems are deeper than who's in the net.
They need a few roster upgrades in the bottom of the lineup for sure, but to a certain extent, the way they play is more important. As you alluded to, they don't play a smart, disciplined, simple game. If they did, we'd see better results.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’m not even being a hater, but I just do not see it with the Rangers. Of course they can win any series if Igor does what he’s capable of, but that team is just not scary. Trouba has fallen off massively and their whole offense runs through Panarin and the PP. If he gets neutralized at all like we did to him last postseason, they don’t have anything.

Panarin was playing dangerous tonight with turnovers and some dumb mistakes. Granted, he got on the board with a goal and had a sick assist on the Kreider goal but we're a bottom 10 team. Maybe he was free styling for that reason but a better team won't allow that type of stuff. I think Zibanejad is more important to their playoff success than any other forward they have. He looked pretty f***ing invisible tonight, pretty sure he was their worst game score player tonight

3rd straight game leading or tied going into the 3rd and 0 points total. Their commitment to the no OT loser point is unparalleled.

Said it before but I actually think they're trying to get there this year on purpose but they seize and freeze with their game that they get scored on before they can get there. Last year, they were legit trying to win games in regulation but ran out of time and just destroyed teams in OT due to momentum and their team speed

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
They need a few roster upgrades in the bottom of the lineup for sure, but to a certain extent, the way they play is way more important. They don't play a smart, disciplined, simple game. If they did, we'd see better results.
We need to dump and chase more. Use Jack and Bratt as the ones who decide when to carry it in or when to get it deep. Use Nico and Timo as the chasers. Trying to carry the puck in every time doesn't work anymore because everyone else has figured out how to stop it. Why can I see this from my couch but the coach can't adjust? The lack of adjustments this season has been my biggest frustration.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We need to dump and chase more. Use Jack and Bratt as the ones who decide when to carry it in or when to get it deep. Use Nico and Timo as the chasers. Trying to carry the puck in every time doesn't work anymore because everyone else has figured out how to stop it. Why can I see this from my couch but the coach can't adjust? The lack of adjustments this season has been my biggest frustration.
Absolutely. We can transition and rush, but we have to diversify a bit. Simplify your game, adjust in game. Go back to basics, instill discipline and structure. We need that coach.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
Panarin was playing dangerous tonight with turnovers and some dumb mistakes. Granted, he got on the board with a goal and had a sick assist on the Kreider goal but we're a bottom 10 team. Maybe he was free styling for that reason but a better team won't allow that type of stuff. I think Zibanejad is more important to their playoff success than any other forward they have. He looked pretty f***ing invisible tonight, pretty sure he was their worst game score player tonight

Said it before but I actually think they're trying to get there this year on purpose but they seize and freeze with their game that they get scored on before they can get there. Last year, they were legit trying to win games in regulation but ran out of time and just destroyed teams in OT due to momentum and their team speed
What are you talking about. Panarin is their playoff success, not a washed player in Zibanejad. Just stop it bro, give me the stuff your twkijgZ

Reactions: Blasds

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
We don’t have the physicality to dump and chase.

Watching Hughes and Bratt in a board battle is laughable

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
What are you talking about. Panarin is their playoff success, not a washed player in Zibanejad. Just stop it bro, give me the stuff your twkijgZ
I’m amazed how detached from reality some folks are. This post and the one below in the span of a week.

So which one is it? The successful playoff rangers or a rangers team that would get beat from a crappy team like us?

IMG_4897.jpeg

Panarin has literally been invisible in the playoffs for quite some time now. 19pts in his last 30 playoff gms…far off his regular season rates.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I am a Wings fan.

The is the 1st time I post on your board. I want to thank your team and your fans for the great start of the game.

Reactions: Whaddagoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad