GDT: Devils @ Panthers 6pm EST (MSG, ESPN+)

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
BleedRed is an actual real person. Confirmed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114-084828_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114-084828_Gallery.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
That was us during the month of December last year when the Devils hit a rough patch lol.
I keep saying the Devils and Rangers are the inverse of last year. I still think the Rangers win the division... but all the injuries and bad goaltending are happening in the first half of the season and I think we'll be healthy and humming by February.

I think our biggest lead was 11-13 pts on the Rangers last year... same this year but backwards.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I keep saying the Devils and Rangers are the inverse of last year. I still think the Rangers win the division... but all the injuries and bad goaltending are happening in the first half of the season and I think we'll be healthy and humming by February.

I think our biggest lead was 11-13 pts on the Rangers last year... same this year but backwards.
We need to get healthy but we do have one of the hardest schedules to finish the season off. If we are a good enough team we will get into the playoffs. The teams biggest thing they need to do better is get consistent goaltending and find ways to win on the 2nd night of back to back games. Those are 2 things that have really plagued them this season so far.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We need to get healthy but we do have one of the hardest schedules to finish the season off. If we are a good enough team we will get into the playoffs. The teams biggest thing they need to do better is get consistent goaltending and find ways to win on the 2nd night of back to back games. Those are 2 things that have really plagued them this season so far.
The goaltending is numbers 1, 2, and 3 for me. I feel like a lot of the shaky play is attributed to the team knowing the smallest mistake they make is probably going to end up in the back of the net because of Vitek.

Good goaltending goes such a long way. I was scared about the hard schedule too... but then I don't know what to think when we have a relatively healthy team that can't beat San Jose, Anaheim, and Columbus at home... but half a team almost beat Tampa (if not for goaltending) and then did whatever the hell happened in Florida last night. I guys they play better against good opposition lol

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Watched the highlights, that sequence on the empty net goal was some slapstick comedy. I think that’s the most shots I’ve seen on an empty net without it going in, until Marino finally got something past their shot blocking.

Pleased with this gutsy win, I hope they’ll keep it going in Boston when I get to see them live.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It’s obviously time for your medication

Come this way.

Lmao, I forgot how bad the Panther announcers are. Go to 5:50 at the Haula goal, the color commentator says "for the love of salmon sandwiches and rubber boots". Never heard that one before. :laugh:

Also, what was with the stingy scoring summary last night? From rewatching, Nico should definitely get an assist on the Haula goal and Tierney looks like he deserves one on Marino's ENG.

From 8:31 and onwards you see @Bleedred eagerly anticipating a goal..

In the Marty red, phone in hand.!

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Bahl always looks good to me in person. I don’t know why, but he looks solid in person. I think he can carve out a career like Merrill where he kicks around the league for a really long time, but I also don’t think he’s really a piece that will be here super long term either.

He’s a monster in person too. Some of these guys line huge in person when you’re that close to them.

Even Smith is huge in person.

Bratt not so much. Same with Jack.

Luke looks big but a bit skinny. Normal for a 20 year old player.

I guess Mercer got hurt in the 1st? He didn’t miss many shifts though.
I wish we had more players like Mercer. The kid never misses a game. And he’s not playing soft either. He takes a beating blocking shots. And some want to trade this kid. That would be a major mistake.

Camille the Eel

They win on effort and tremendous discipline. They very obviously lack talent big time. When the other talented teams start ratcheting up the pressure, I don't know that the flyers can keep up. They don't have another gear. This is everything they have every night.
Possibly. This is what I thought until I watched a couple of recent games, most recently their 2 goal comeback in the 3d period against an undermanned Minnesota team, where they just became dominant and appeared to have much more young talent than I had believed. Far from lacking talent they looked a lot like a younger no-name Vegas, with big, fast and athletic skill across the lineup. Just guys young enough so I’d never noticed them before. Tippet is starting to break out and Koneckny is just good.

Also possibly they are just another team on a hot streak. You see that all the time and I tend to over rate teams when I watch them that way.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
It's definitely nice that we pulled off this win.

I don't think getting dominated in the 3rd is indicative of anything. Not in a Win. So I'm not negative right now.

Game like this is get the W and get the eff out.
We’re missing 4 top players and for once our goalie played well, while the other goalie sucked. Enjoy the win

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Ruff out here not being able to say a positive thing about Holtz is wild to me. Kid did something to him lmfao.

TBH, I think Ruff has turned holtz into a better player. He was more a sniper kid and now turning into a Haula/mcLeod who can shoot a lot better.

I know it's a bit of tough love continuum but holtz is a much much better player than a season or two ago. I actually think Ruff has him for his personal project this season to get better.

I know ruff looks like he doesn't give a f*** but i think it is the exact opposite

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Because vitek and schmid would give up an untimely soft goal and deflate the entire team. Get decent goaltending and this team will respond
This is not a claim you’re able to prove. Devils got goaltending last night and were absolutely pummeled.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Come this way.

From 8:31 and onwards you see @Bleedred eagerly anticipating a goal..

In the Marty red, phone in hand.!
Yes! I told you I was up for like 15 seconds or more before that! I was fired up at that point.

I had two friends with me (not DD lol) and they weren’t feeling as hot as I was (one had a headache by the end of the game) and they weren’t as jacked (no JackedDevilsFan pun intended) as I was by the end of the game haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad