Confirmed with Link: Devils Name Tom Fitzgerald Assistant GM

Ders Effect

Jul 27, 2015
simpsonsgood24.jpg

Bench Salvador?

Y

GhostofKenKlee

I'm more interested to know what Fitzgerald job will entitle. If it's a job he can be at and in NJ when needed. In the XM interview, he cited his sons will be playing at BC and being home and how he may will travel when needed. He may become the "Scout" and alluded to it in the interview and going to europe and tourneys to watch players play.

The Homer photo is the best, when things go bad for Tom he can blame the stupid pecking chicken.

Shero also lives in the Baahstan area, I wonder what his arrangement will be.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
So it sounds like Fitzgerald mainly watches players (relaying that information back to Shero), is a sounding board for Shero, and helps out with negotiating contracts/dealing with agents.

GhostofKenKlee

I would prefer "all hands on deck" especially since it seems that the team is building a winna. In the corporate world, the bosses I have dealt with in the past that didn't take a job but didn't transfer to corporate HQ but retained a title never went anywhere. It's a bad fit in that sense.

Why all the sudden the need to stay in Boston? Was that the enticement Shero had for him. Not a fan of this logic, if you are going to have a number two and run an organization it's all hands on deck. Everybody should be at the arena and at the games. They should live in market and not just grace us with once in awhile.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I would prefer "all hands on deck" especially since it seems that the team is building a winna. In the corporate world, the bosses I have dealt with in the past that didn't take a job but didn't transfer to corporate HQ but retained a title never went anywhere. It's a bad fit in that sense.

Why all the sudden the need to stay in Boston? Was that the enticement Shero had for him. Not a fan of this logic, if you are going to have a number two and run an organization it's all hands on deck. Everybody should be at the arena and at the games. They should live in market and not just grace us with once in awhile.

I feel like with the way tech is now a days this isnt as big of a deal. Not to mention the amount of time he would be traveling watching prospects and with the AHL.

Hell they could have meetings every single day like they are sitting next to each other.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Was this a big deal when Scott Stevens was on the staff and a part-time assistant basically only working during camp? Not every assistant or staff member has to be at every single game. I don't think GM's attend every game either.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I don't really care.

If Fitzgerald's focus will be more on our AHL team and prospects, it doesn't necessarily serve him to be in Jersey.

Wood, Dudek and Santini will be at BC. Seney will be at Merrimack. Kerfoot will be at Harvard. Fitzgerald will be in driving distance to Providence, Springfield, Portland and Hartford for AHL games. Can take an hour flight to Albany or drive three hours to see games there.

Last edited:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't think where Fitzgerald lives should present issues for him doing his job (and I'm not his biggest supporter here, by any means). If distance becomes a major problem for him, he'll either need to move or find another job, but I believe with modern technology and everything that he should be able to do his job where he is.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't really care.

If Fitzgerald's focus will be more on our AHL team and prospects, it doesn't necessarily serve him to be in Jersey.

Wood, Dudek and Santini will be at BC. Seney will be at Merrimack. Kerfoot will be at Harvard. Fitzgerald will be in driving distance to Providence, Springfield, Portland and Hartford for AHL games. Can take an hour flight to Albany or drive three hours to see games there.

Isn't the USNDTP based in that area as well?

GhostofKenKlee

Fitzgerald job remains to entice his cousins all to sign here, that is all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad