Confirmed with Link: Devils Name Tom Fitzgerald Assistant GM

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014

Well, I don't think so. I like Shero and just about all he's done so far. And maybe I'm a bit jumpy today on the heels of all that is going on with Lou and all that. But Shero is a league veteran who is supposed to have deep relationships throughout hockey. You're supposed to compile a staff of the best people in the sport (theoretically).

I can't imagine all of those people work in Pittsburgh. If they did the Penguins wouldn't be such a mess.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
He does have assistant GM experience (though I don't know much about it), but Shero is definitely bringing a lot of Penguins guys over here. I have to hope that the Director of Scouting that he hires will be from somewhere else, honestly, though I'm really starting to worry about that. So far there's only been one hire (Ward) who wasn't a Penguin with Shero.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He does have assistant GM experience (though I don't know much about it), but Shero is definitely bringing a lot of Penguins guys over here. I have to hope that the Director of Scouting that he hires will be from somewhere else, honestly, though I'm really starting to worry about that. So far there's only been one hire (Ward) who wasn't a Penguin with Shero.

You can hope, but, you just never know....

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I hope he hires his former Director of Scouting just so I can see people complain.

His Director of Scouting hire could be his most important hire as GM--more important than his coaching hire, I would argue--so I don't know why it's so weird that people would have concerns about it one way or the other.

Moe Syzlak

Sep 27, 2009
I'm all for the new direction in leadership and all but enough with the hiring of Penguins staff already.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
His Director of Scouting hire could be his most important hire as GM--more important than his coaching hire, I would argue--so I don't know why it's so weird that people would have concerns about it one way or the other.

It's not weird that people would have concerns about it.

It's weird that people would cry doom before he's had a chance to do the job. Or maybe it's not weird in the sense that it's normal behavior for this message board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad