Post-Game Talk: Devils lose 6-1 to the Flyers; should it cost someone their job?

Should this loss cost someone their job?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
stephenasmith-stephen.gif

Even Erika sounds dejected.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No, some rumor monger ran with it and it somehow became fact
The only guy it was ever really confirmed that we talked to was Gallant.

And the Gronborg stuff came out.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Studenic with the lowest ice time on the team, sweet, way to reward one of the only players that looked good.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
People have such investment in their own little fictions about Nico’s captaincy. I have no idea what message that sends other than you don’t like him being captain.

He didn’t even play in the last two losses, but yeah, clearly that’s letter is the issue.

I was in the middle of responding in the last thread so I cut and pasted it here...

Have you seen the teams record over the last 15 games? It's cute to try to abdicate an individual for a specific game but the problems on this team aren't individual games. It's much larger. This has absolutely nothing to do with my likes or dislikes...it has everything to do with changing the trajectory of the team...a coaching change has been tried and it didn't work...same players are still here and still underperforming.

Reactions: mdj12784

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
You know it's bad when the social media account has to remind everyone they're just the social media account.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think if we come out and suffer a similar beatdown from Vegas (which should be MUCH easier to see because Vegas is a WAYYY better team and you best believe Pete will have his boys ready to play, and he'll let them take off against the Rags the next night) that'll be the end of Ruff and members of this staff.

It's kind of like when we got a hat trick scored on us by Eric Boulton and then came out the next game and got blown out by the Caps, that was the end of MacLean.

We also had that home game against the Rangers with Hynes. It wasn't a blowout, but it was like a 3-0 loss and we allowed 2 shorthanded goals I think and were on the power play for over 15 minutes of the game. It wasn't a blowout, but it was very listless. The Buffalo beatdown the next game killed Hynes even before he could coach the next night's game.

I had predicted during that Rangers home game, where chants of ''Fire Hynes'' were very audible on TV for the first time, that Hynes was definitely done if we lost the next two games, where they were a back to back. He didn't make it to the second game of that though.

Reactions: imMagnum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad