Speculation: Devils Lines (With What We Have So Far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
The lines I would like to see are...

Clowe-Loktionov-Kovalchuk (Dont want to break up the Lokti-Kovy chemistry, and Clowe can bring some toughness)
Zubrus-Elias-Ryder (I love this line and could see it as a unit sticking together all the time)
Olezs/Josefson-Zajac-Henrique (Dont like putting 3 potential centers on 1 line but we need to see how Josefson develops)
Carter-Gionta-Bernier (perfect energy 4th line with excellent chemistry)

No true 1st, 2nd or 3rd line. Just 3 lines that you can roll with consistency and ride the hot line as the 1st unit.

DevilChuk*

6 others gave a prospective lineup
not that hard.

if you want brown nose a mod go ahead

what is going on?? :laugh:

I was more talking about :
1) referencing signing D'agostini (he's a Penguin already)
2) talking about possibly signing Henrique (when he's a RFA and we will certainly be signing him)
3) playing some guy named Trajac
4) moving this "kovi" to LW even though we have a supposed RW problem
5) no clue what you are saying by that since Henrique is a lefty, he can't play wing
6) Having Janssen/Sislo in the line-up :laugh:
7) Having Janssen/Sislo on 3rd line :laugh: :laugh:
8) I guess we are only dressing 5 defensemen since we will be carrying way too many forwards
9) you have sources?
10) bouche?

So.. yea.. those are my 10 problems with the OP. Not sure what that has to do with any mod that posted but he's most definitely right as well. This is pretty incoherent stuff.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
I think we'll see more of this line-up:

Elias - Lokti - Kovy
Clowe - Zajac - Ryder
Olesz - Henrique - Zubrus
Bernier - Gionta - Carter

In rough games, you can swap out Olesz for Janssen.

JJ & Tedenby are done with the Devils after this preseason. They do not fit, nor do they belong in this organization. Sorry.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Bingo Ball #1 - Ball #2 - Kovalchuk
Ball #3 - Ball #4 - Ryder
Ball #5 - Ball #6 - Ball #7
Ball #8 - Ball #9 - Ball #10

What little effort that was. At the very least it's:

CBGB

:sarcasm:

What it SHOULD be:
Kovy/Zajac/Ryder
Elias/Henrique/Clowe
Tedenby :)/Loktionov/Zubrus Or Loktionov/Josefson/Zubs
CBGB

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

Elias - Lokti - Kovy
Clowe - Zajac - Ryder

JJ & Tedenby are done with the Devils after this preseason. They do not fit, nor do they belong in this organization. Sorry.

But Janssen does? And in the top 9? Ha, okay.

mcbain942*

what is going on?? :laugh:

I was more talking about :
1) referencing signing D'agostini (he's a Penguin already) sorry I didn't get YESTERDAYS NEWS
2) talking about possibly signing Henrique (when he's a RFA and we will certainly be signing him) I agree, but he technically is a RFA all I said.
3) playing some guy named Trajac wow a typo, like I don't know his name
4) moving this "kovi" to LW even though we have a supposed RW problem (if you haven't noticed, hes on the left wing shooting one timers, even so Adam Oates got Ovechkin to move to LW
5) no clue what you are saying by that since Henrique is a lefty, he can't play wing. I didn't say he cant play wing , I said we had a right wing issue.
6) Having Janssen/Sislo in the line-up :laugh: the newjerseydevils.com roster them as on the team. Personally I believe neither should be in the lineup ever(was looking for right wingers, assuming kovi was on the left
7) Having Janssen/Sislo on 3rd line :laugh: :laugh: look above
8) I guess we are only dressing 5 defensemen since we will be carrying way too many forwards - I was only addressing offense
9) you have sources? sources for what?
10) bouche? if you don't know who Reid Boucher is please go away. ( I believe the R is silent, so I was typing that way) but you knew what was meant

So.. yea.. those are my 10 problems with the OP. Not sure what that has to do with any mod that posted but he's most definitely right as well. This is pretty incoherent stuff.

so ya I responded in your quote line by line

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
so ya I responded in your quote line by line

Oates didnt move Ovie to LW. Oates moved Ovie to RW. Kovy the last 2 years has played RW and will stay RW

Also Deboer doesnt allow players to play on their off-wing soo Henrique cant play RW.

Janssen and Sislo will not even come close to making this team.

Also, I have no idea who Reid Bouche is ,but I know a Reid Boucher and he will be in the AHL all year

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Ok, wading past the somewhat incoherent OP and a little heavy handed moderating (sorry Cowbell, just seems you were a bit harsh to some in this thread)...

Elias - Lokti - Kovy
Clowe - Zajac - Ryder

I agree about Tedenby, but are you really so sure on Josefson? If he can stay healthy for the season, seems like he is finally ready to make the jump. Certainly third line material I would think, maybe second line if he continues to develop.

mcbain942*

Elias - Lokti - Kovy
Clowe - Zajac - Ryder

kovi and loki I think played allot on the same line at some points and when loki did well I think kovi was around, I know language helps, but I would be a little hesitant to put a rookie as a starting center.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm starting to think Josefson might be better suited for the 4th line too. He produced for a few games there with Carter and Bernier before getting his wrist broken by Jay Pandolfo.

DevilChuk*

Oates didnt move Ovie to LW. Oates moved Ovie to RW. Kovy the last 2 years has played RW and will stay RW

Also Deboer doesnt allow players to play on their off-wing soo Henrique cant play RW.

Janssen and Sislo will not even come close to making this team.

Also, I have no idea who Reid Bouche is ,but I know a Reid Boucher and he will be in the AHL all year

To add to this, you can't carry 16 forwards like you want to in your OP.

EDIT: I'm about to lose it.. you can't make me laugh this hard at work.. not fair!

Last edited by a moderator:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
What little effort that was. At the very least it's:

CBGB

:sarcasm:

What it SHOULD be:
Kovy/Zajac/Ryder
Elias/Henrique/Clowe
Tedenby :)/Loktionov/Zubrus Or Loktionov/Josefson/Zubs
CBGB

I don't think CBGB is a lock for the 4th line though. Olesz could easily bump into the LW there and Carter could become the C for the 4th line. Or Giona could stay at the C there too. Or Bernier could be the 3rd line RW too.

Originally I drew dashes between names but it woulda been gross to look at.

mcbain942*

To add to this, you can't carry 16 forwards like you want to in your OP.

Glad to know my IQ is a little low though :laugh:

EDIT: I'm about to lose it.. you can't make me laugh this hard at work.. not fair!

I put every available player to CHOOSE from, not to start?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
kovi and loki I think played allot on the same line at some points and when loki did well I think kovi was around, I know language helps, but I would be a little hesitant to put a rookie as a starting center.

They did play a lot together towards the end of the year and Kovy and Lotki did well together, but when Kovy is getting more ice time then most defensemen do, you can't have Lotki out there for the same minutes. Kovy has to get double shifted, but you also need to cap Lotki's minutes somewhere closer to 12-15 minutes I'd feel.

Also, Lotki has played 87 NHL games over several years. He's nowhere near a rookie.

mcbain942*

They did play a lot together towards the end of the year and Kovy and Lotki did well together, but when Kovy is getting more ice time then most defensemen do, you can't have Lotki out there for the same minutes. Kovy has to get double shifted, but you also need to cap Lotki's minutes somewhere closer to 12-15 minutes I'd feel.

Also, Lotki has played 87 NHL games over several years. He's nowhere near a rookie.

I had him penciled in at first, but then , I couldn't do it. Not knowing that, and with Zajac's lackluster performance I would IMO agree and put him up.

But I don't want to put Zajac with Henrique either, they didn't work out well either (I think) Clowe Zajac Ryder lookin good for a second line, Henrique, can go 1st line left, or 3rd line anywhere he wants.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I had him penciled in at first, but then , I couldn't do it. Not knowing that, and with Zajac's lackluster performance I would IMO agree and put him up.

But I don't want to put Zajac with Henrique either, they didn't work out well either (I think) Clowe Zajac Ryder lookin good for a second line, Henrique, can go 1st line left, or 3rd line anywhere he wants.

Clowe Zajac Ryder will make Zajac's numbers far, far worse then last year. Clowe shouldn't be on the ice nearly as much as Zajac and Ryder is too one dimensional. Not to mention that Zajac is a bit of shooter as well, meaning there are no 'play makers' on that line and it is very unbalanced.

Henrique I could really see being the LW on a line of Henrique - Zajac - Kovalchuk. But I'm not sure how the center spot will shake out as that's really what must be figured out before you can pair up wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad