Speculation: Devils Lines (With What We Have So Far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbain942*

If you include we resign Henrique, we have a little right wing problem

The only center that shoots "right" is Zajac, so the chance of Henrique playing on a wing doesn't seem like its ever going to happen.

Should we re-up D'Agostini?

What are peoples perspective lineups?:sarcasm:

kovi trajac ryder
elias henrique zubrus
clowe loki ?
carter gionta bernier

Alt
kovi trajac zubrus
clowe elias ryder
henrique loki Jannsen/Sislo
carter gionta bernier

bench
----
jossefson c
Oslesz lw
Janssen rw
barch lw
sislo rw

Minors
----------
Matteau lw
Whitney lw
Tendenby lw
bouche lw (I have heard sources he cant play this season, I have heard sources that he can, and only because of his shot is a reason he can make it)

Last edited by a moderator:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
for all lines in this thread- PDB has made it clear Kovy will be a RW..just an FYI. seems smart to me :sarcasm:

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-JJ-Zubrus
CBGB

Extra Tedenby, Olesz, Harrold

For top 6 injury enter Tedenby
For Bottom 6 enter Rusty

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Speaking with Lou and Pete this is the general feel of how they see it.

Clowe-Henrique-Kovy.
EZ-Ryder(they both agreed this name is too good to pass up).
Olesz-Lokti-Zubrus
Carter-JJ-Bernier.

Gio and Ted's odd men looking in.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
If you include we resign Henrique, we have a little right wing problem

The only center that shoots "right" is Zajac, so the chance of Henrique playing on a wing doesn't seem like its ever going to happen.

Should we re-up D'Agostini?

What are peoples perspective lineups?:sarcasm:

kovi trajac ryder
elias henrique zubrus
clowe loki ?
carter gionta bernier

Alt
kovi trajac zubrus
clowe elias ryder
henrique loki Jannsen/Sislo
carter gionta bernier

bench
----
jossefson c
Oslesz lw
Janssen rw
barch lw
sislo rw

Minors
----------
Matteau lw
Whitney lw
Tendenby lw
bouche lw (I have heard sources he cant play this season, I have heard sources that he can, and only because of his shot is a reason he can make it)

I can't take anything about this seriously. You're mentioning people that aren't here, that will play in the AHL for sure, but yet you only bring up 4 LW Minor players even though we're weak on the right side... This is just shambles on top of top of the lack of readability in grammar, spelling, and overall layout.

If you want a lot of responses and some real dialogue to occur after starting a topic, you may want to put a bit more time and effort into it yourself first.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

Zubrus-Henrique-Kovy.
Olesz-Lokti-Clowe(breaking Pete's rule I was surprised by this as well)
Carter-JJ-Bernier.

Speaking with? As in, you've spoken with them directly about their project lines for the upcoming season long before training camp even starts? Please, inform us more about these conversations.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I am psyched that there is no room for goonery.

Speaking with? As in, you've spoken with them directly about their project lines for the upcoming season long before training camp even starts? Please, inform us more about these conversations.

joshing

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
What we will likely see:

[Clowe/Henrique]-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
[Henrique/Clowe]-Josefson-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta/Olesz-Bernier

Greene-Larsson
Zidlicky-Salvador
Fayne-Volchenkov

The Schneider-Brodeur

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I can't take anything about this seriously. You're mentioning people that aren't here, that will play in the AHL for sure, but yet you only bring up 4 LW Minor players even though we're weak on the right side... This is just shambles on top of top of the lack of readability in grammar, spelling, and overall layout.

If you want a lot of responses and some real dialogue to occur after starting a topic, you may want to put a bit more time and effort into it yourself first.

dag, unbunch the panties.

Mod edit: Let this one go. I want to make sure people see my responses.

mcbain942*

for all lines in this thread- PDB has made it clear Kovy will be a RW..just an FYI. seems smart to me :sarcasm:

that would work out much better, but I thought Kovi was moved to the left and so was Ovechkin because of their one timing talent.

elias loki kovi
clowe trajac ryder (maybe zajac will do better with them)
Henrique jossefson zubrus
carter gionta bernier

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
dag, unbunch the panties.

It's threads like this and the subsequent responses that make the hockey intelligent long time posters leave this board in droves year after year after year.

It's not funny. If you want to joke in an OT thread, we do that ALL THE TIME, but when it prevents a normal, actual hockey conversation from taking place it's just not funny anymore.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Clowe-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Henrique-Yayo-Zubrus
Olesz-Carter-Bernier

I think those lines could be good. Could swap Lokti and Henrique and then put him at c and Yayo at lw.

mcbain942*

Clowe-Henrique-Kovy.
Olesz-Lokti-Zubrus
Carter-JJ-Bernier.

its kind of hard to let gionta go, for 1 he was our leading hitter? and when he forechecks how many times last year did he make a play happen but nobody was there.

But agreed and learned he is weak for our face-offs, Carter should just take it and switch positions after

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's threads like this and the subsequent responses that make the hockey intelligent long time posters leave this board in droves year after year after year.

It's not funny. If you want to joke in an OT thread, we do that ALL THE TIME, but when it prevents a normal, actual hockey conversation from taking place it's just not funny anymore.

This thread went off track when u decided to deride the OP for some very minor transgressions. U could have merely responded pointing out that Dags signed a contract yesterday, but instead u wanted to go all Mod on the guy.

And I'll be sure to throw a smiley face out there next time I type what I thought was an obvious goof line. (actually I won't, I might goof about, but those things are a bit childish)

its kind of hard to let gionta go, for 1 he was our leading hitter? and when he forechecks how many times last year did he make a play happen but nobody was there.

But agreed and learned he is weak for our face-offs, Carter should just take it and switch positions after

I like Gio, but someone is getting squeezed.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Zubrus - Lokti - Kovy
Elias - Zajac - Ryder
Clowe- Henrique - Bernier
Olesz/Gionta - JJ - Carter

JJ is an offensive void so I'd rather him anchor a solid 4th line and give Bernier a chance to play with a good center.

mcbain942*

I like Gio, but someone is getting squeezed.

well this is way early there is camp, and pre-season to go, but I know they did say its JJ last chance for the devils to do make it or break it.

We need centers just as much as we need rw ingers

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Bingo Ball #1 - Ball #2 - Kovalchuk
Ball #3 - Ball #4 - Ryder
Ball #5 - Ball #6 - Ball #7
Ball #8 - Ball #9 - Ball #10

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
well this is way early there is camp, and pre-season to go, but I know they did say its JJ last chance for the devils to do make it or break it.

We need centers just as much as we need rw ingers

Given age, potential, the fact that JJ was a 1st rnd pick, I'm thinking they are leaning hard towards JJ.

Even if we assume guys move around, (say one of the centers become a wing), we will still have guys on the outside looking in. And given the aforementioned age and potential, I think Gio is odd man out.

And yes this is preseason speculation. How guys perform in camp will certainly factor in to opening night lineups.

Only prob I have here is Elias is prob in the Ball #3 slot, and Carter is prob in Ball #8. Otherwise I can't argue.

mcbain942*

I know loki and kovi enjoy conversing in their native tongue on the same line , it why I was wishing so bad somehow Malkin would have hit the market.

and it seems Ryder and Clowe are very good friends from the same neighborhood

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/michael_ryder_happy_to_join_fellow_newfoundlander_ryane_clowe_on_the_devils/

anyone interested in Gomez? :sarcasm:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
This thread went off track when u decided to deride the OP for some very minor transgressions. U could have merely responded pointing out that Dags signed a contract yesterday, but instead u wanted to go all Mod on the guy.

And I'll be sure to throw a smiley face out there next time I type what I thought was an obvious goof line. (actually I won't, I might goof about, but those things are a bit childish)

Saying that you are an insider and an obvious goof are pretty far apart. And double posting is against the rules, please stop.

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ

Lemaire's back? :sarcasm:

Anyway, I'd try either:

Clowe-Henrique-Kovalchuk
EZ Ryder
Zubrus-Loktionov-Bernier
Olesz-Carter-Josefson