GDT: Devils @ Lighting 7PM MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Two goals we should save 99/100 times. Unless you’re talking strictly regulation.

I didn't watch the replay after the goal. I thought the shot was located higher. I'll give that one a 95/100. This shot had more zip on it and was shot closer in. But still, there was a clean path to the shooter and it was shot low enough to get a glove on it.

The 2nd goal was so bad that I have to have it in its own category.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
One of the better defensive efforts of the season and that piece of shit still allows 4 goals.

f*** this guy. I’m beyond done with him. If he gets a shutout next week (or even 3 this season) it’ll be a fluke and nothing more.

Market correction. That’s it.

It would be an early birthday present to never see him play not one god damn second more for this team.
I hope you will admit, Bleedred, that the OT goal against was a result of the Devil's defense being drawn or shifted over to the left by TB giving the TB shooter a direct unblocked lane to unload a quick shot on goal, It very difficult to stop. Did I watch a different game? The Devils were weak on the production and finally tied the game and made the game exciting. Then the OT scoring was the pointed deciding factor. Tough loss of a point but at least they got a point. I agree we need goalies, but who is available today, or yesterday that would have made a difference? We are still in the hunt for a wild card, as I pointed out elsewhere we could have had the best record as of now if we had better goalies and COACHES.
let's get two points in the next game, Against Florida. Vitek will be back in goal, with no rest for the backup goalie. Don't forget Vitek was hired as the backup goalie. Bleedred thank you for your efforts in pointing out the mistakes of the goalies along with your hockey knowledge. You are a major plus to this forum. Enjoy Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope you will admit, Bleedred, that the OT goal against was a result of the Devil's defense being drawn or shifted over to the left by TB giving the TB shooter a direct unblocked lane to unload a quick shot on goal, It very difficult to stop. Did I watch a different game? The Devils were weak on the production and finally tied the game and made the game exciting. Then the OT scoring was the pointed deciding factor. Tough loss of a point but at least they got a point. I agree we need goalies, but who is available today, or yesterday that would have made a difference? We are still in the hunt for a wild card, as I pointed out elsewhere we could have had the best record as of now if we had better goalies and COACHES.
let's get two points in the next game, Against Florida. Vitek will be back in goal, with no rest for the backup goalie. Don't forget Vitek was hired as the backup goalie. Bleedred thank you for your efforts in pointing out the mistakes of the goalies along with your hockey knowledge. You are a major plus to this forum. Enjoy Bleedred
The OT goal was yet another stoppable goal on Vitek that went under his left arm.

That's now 4 of his last 6 goals have went under his left arm.

Maybe even more than that, but I'm only focusing on the ones he should have had. Not necessarily deflections or goals he didn't really have any chance on. Both goals against Chicago and goals 2 and 4 last night all under his left arm and through him.

I doubt Vitek plays against Florida, but there were quite a few games I didn't think Vitek was going to play and he did, so I'm not willing to bet too much money on it, but I'm highly doubtful he plays against Florida.

He'll be back against Boston, in the event of a loss of any kind tomorrow. Which is BULLSHIT, but it's Ruff's job (and Fitz) on the line. If they're willing to punt it on Vitek, who they should know better than any of us is cooked, than it's deserved. That's on them.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
He is.

He had 91.3 5 on 5 sv% before today game. He had 91.5 year ago. 90.6 year before in 52 games.

91.3 is the same sv% as Markstrom having. Vejmelka is younger and will never sign deal as bad as Markstrom is on now.
1705090245477.png

IMG_9709.jpeg

Markstrom is much better than him and it’s not very close.

The not goal had a 3 percent chance of going in it was a weak goal and shit goaltending just stop with the blaming the defense bullshit. It’s clear as day the goalie f***ing sucks and some of you still find a way to defend his suck ass play.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@NjDevsRR

Do you still have that photoshop of me and DD driving in a car?

I'm gonna need that

I can't remember what thread it was in, it got lost in the pile.

I should have saved it, but I never thought to.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
View attachment 801765

View attachment 801768

The not goal had a 3 percent chance of going in it was a weak goal and shit goaltending just stop with the blaming the defense bullshit. It’s clear as day the goalie f***ing sucks and some of you still find a way to defend his suck ass play.
I dont care about xGSA. Its a very unstable stat that tell nothing about load and change very much from team to team from year to year. - 0.04(how absolutely bad it is. no it isnt) and 0.4 is a freaking joke. But I believe you like this type of jokes. What was year ago with Markstrom? How old is he? How many years he has on his deal? How big is his salary? How many injuries he has in his history?

No, Markstrom isnt better. And he is in his decline.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Well now that Vitek has sole possession of worst goalie in the league what more is there to say🤷

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
View attachment 801765

View attachment 801768

Ok who is defending Vitek he is a backup goalie that is why the Devils defense must step up the Devils offensive guys have to play defense as well...all to save Vitek the backup goalie. The Devils have not had a starting goalie since Brodeur's time. one year after I can't remember his name, he was backup to Brodeur then he crash. Later

Reactions: My3Sons

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Ok who is defending Vitek he is a backup goalie that is why the Devils defense must step up the Devils offensive guys have to play defense as well...all to save Vitek the backup goalie. The Devils have not had a starting goalie since Brodeur's time. one year after I can't remember his name, he was backup to Brodeur then he crash. Later
I think the Devils defense did step up allowing only 20 shots against Vanecek who let in 4 🙄

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I dont care about xGSA. Its a very unstable stat that tell nothing about load and change very much from team to team from year to year. - 0.04(how absolutely bad it is. no it isnt) and 0.4 is a freaking joke. But I believe you like this type of jokes. What was year ago with Markstrom? How old is he? How many years he has on his deal? How big is his salary? How many injuries he has in his history?

No, Markstrom isnt better. And he is in his decline.
Well with Vitek we have 0 chance of a playoff position .... I'd rather have some chance then none TYVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad