Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Leafs - MONDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
First line needs to pull their thumbs out and play hockey today. They have been brutal for 3-4 games. It's no wonder the Leafs have barely been scraping by.

They need to get on Moose early; he has been shaky lately.

I hope they sit Frattin one more game. No need to rush him, since Kadri can make anyone better this year.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Finally game day. Felt like ages

Kovulchuck always has good games against the Buds, I really think he's the key.

Kessel does neet to step a bit more. I am not seeing the creativity I saw last year, granted Lupul was a big part of that.

Any word on the D? I am really getting tired of seeing our D getting hemmed in due to lack of mobility. People are going to say, well we won, so what's the big deal? well we beat a lousy Islander team who came back to tie the game down from 2 goals. That's the big deal

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow, glancing at some stats and Brodeur is really not good against the Leafs. Wish he was playing.

Stats: 51GP 22W 18L 3OT .903 2.58GAA

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Wow, glancing at some stats and Brodeur is really not good against the Leafs. Wish he was playing.

Stats: 51GP 22W 18L 3OT .903 2.58GAA

Hedberg is slightly worse with a 3GAA and .897

Hockeylaw

Jan 16, 2013
This is a game we have no business losing.

Leafs will be fresh on home ice, with injured players having returned to the lineup (hopefully Frattin will follow suit). NJ played Saturday, is at the end of a road trip, and is without Martin Brodeur.

Leafs need to be able to capitalize, especially considering the Devils are nipping at their heels in the standings, with a game in hand.

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
I'm assuming Frattin will be in tonight, since Brownie has been shipped out.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is a game we have no business losing.

Leafs will be fresh on home ice, with injured players having returned to the lineup (hopefully Frattin will follow suit). NJ played Saturday, is at the end of a road trip, and is without Martin Brodeur.

Leafs need to be able to capitalize, especially considering the Devils are nipping at their heels in the standings, with a game in hand.

I agree.

I'll be very disappointed if they come out flat, like they have done in the last couple weeks.

We haven't seen a 60 minute game from the Leafs in a while.

Asif16*

Now that Brownie is gone.....trade liles, MAC and connoly next. Waive steckel. Send either one of holzer/kostka down. Put Komi in beside phaneuf.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Now that Brownie is gone.....trade liles, MAC and connoly next. Waive steckel. Send either one of holzer/kostka down. Put Komi in beside phaneuf.

From a month in the press box to top pairing material.

Only in Toronto.

:shakehead

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully the team starts strong here. The long weekend was good for the team to rest and hopefully get back to playing intelligently out there. Also a good chance for Reimer to get more practice in.

Adding Frattin should only make the third line more dangerous. Hopefully he can just play a solid game after missing a good amount of time.
From a month in the press box to top pairing material.

Only in Toronto.

:shakehead
It is pretty fitting for Toronto. Guys regularly go from the Marlies to top pairing here :laugh:.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Cant see why we wouldnt play Reimer. Coming off a win and needs to get back in top form like he was pre-injury. Only way to do that is to play.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Frattin is doubtful for tonight.

Carlyle says maybe needs a day or two, game time decision.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Awful news for the canes but good news for the leafs is that they lost ward for around 6-8 weeks. Florida although hasn't been the best also have the problem with Jose Theodore. They are heavy competitors for getting the last few spots.

Blayzer

Jul 3, 2011
FFS...I hate Steckel. This team is so close to a roster full of guys I love, except for Steckel. Every year there is a Wallin, Dupuis, Lundmark or Steckel that seems to hang around :shakehead

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
“@TGfireandice: Devils' lines today: Matteau-Loktionov-Kovalchuk; Elias-Zajac-Clarkson; Ponikarovsky-Henrique-Bernier; Barch-Gionta-Carter. Butler extra.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad