Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Leafs - MONDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We gotta start winning some more games at home. Leafs have been a pretty terrible home team since the stretch near the end of last season.

They've been better with that this year, but still not where it should be. No playoff teams are below .500 at home in the end.

Well we'll see how we do now that we have an extended period at home this month, amazing we've played less than 10 games at home so far..

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
We have a funny schedule after these first 3 games of the month, cause after Boston, we play Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Pittsburgh and then Winnipeg :laugh:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I'm only being half serious but didn't some Isles score their first goals and Okposo break out of a 19 game goalless drought the other night? So the old Leafs magic still exists unfortunately.:)

Don't forget the Habs went on an unreal tear after we kicked their ass, Carolina started playing like a playoff team after they beat us the first time, and Jordan Staal scored his first 2 goals of the season against us.

Just a few things so far that I can remember, maybe there's more?

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
dear god,

i know we don't always agree on things, but please see the leafs win this one.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
here are the standings as they apply to us (I'm pretty sure we've jumped a spot now)

Montreal - 32 points (their home/road record is amazing)
Pittsburgh - 28 points
Carolina - 25 Points
Boston - 30 Points
Ottawa - 28 points
Toronto - 26 points
New Jersey - 25 Points (they have a game on hand on us)
Philadelphia - 23 points
----------------

Winnipeg -21 points
Rangers - 20 points

So basically, we have got to win this game tomorrow. Or by the very least get a loser point, as the LP will keep us 1 point ahead of NJ, and three points ahead of Philly who are closing in.

I'm not going to speak ill of Montreal/Ottawa, only, that I am really curious if this is going to continue or will things flip around: most of Ottawas players aren't going to come back until Playoffs (2nd round minimum). so It makes me wonder if they will start to tire, or that's just how it's going to be.

Montreal is the flip side of us, as they will play more on the road (road record this season 6-1-2 vs our 9-4-0). We're playing more home games where we are 4-5-0). So basically if we want to see playoffs, it's not so much "winning the winnable games" or "division" games, its getting every single possible we can get at home including the loser point, whilst still playing well on the road.

(that seems like a duh). but ever since that article brought it up, it seems like every single team has played in overtime/shoot outs to get that blasted extra point, except us. So the games where we are losing, we seriously need to push for the overtime at least to catch up to Ottawa. (and then worry about the other two teams later).

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
who goes in net?

Good question! If I'm the coach I go with Scrivens, I say that because Riemer stunk the bed last game and hasn't proven himself, go with Scrivens the next game and if he plays well he gets another start if not then its back to Riemer. Keep going back/forth until ONE of them can prove they are a legit #1.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
i have a feeling it will be reimer only because they won the last game with him in

Errrr. no I wouldn't say they won that game because of him. The guy let in 4 goals, most were questionable ones, he was pretty brutal but he gets the benefit of the doubt because of being rusty. The only reason the leafs won that game was because Kadri put up 3 goals, they were lucky to win it after blowing a 4-2 lead, really it could have gone either way at the end.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Regardless of who starts against the Devils, Reimer should automatically start against the Sens, cause of his record against them which is 5-1-1

Guys win tomorrow

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Errrr. no I wouldn't say they won that game because of him. The guy let in 4 goals, most were questionable ones, he was pretty brutal but he gets the benefit of the doubt because of being rusty. The only reason the leafs won that game was because Kadri put up 3 goals, they were lucky to win it after blowing a 4-2 lead, really it could have gone either way at the end.

i know he was bad, :laugh:

that's why i wrote it carefully :

only because they won the last game with him in

not:

only because he won the last game

plus they have to get him going, he is the #1 when he's right

unassisted

Oct 7, 2007
So basically, we have got to win this game tomorrow. Or by the very least get a loser point, as the LP will keep us 1 point ahead of NJ, and three points ahead of Philly who are closing in.
If we get an OTL tomorrow, we'd be tied with NJ but they'd be ahead because they have less games played. And we'd be 4 points ahead of Philly with the loser point.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
What will the starting lineup look like? I hear Frattin is on the verge of returning anyone hear anything else? Who will be the odd man out when Frattin returns?

Here is the starting lineup from last game vs Islanders, how would you change it?

LW

C

RW

James van Riemsdyk

Tyler Bozak

Phil Kessel

Jay McClement

Mikhail Grabovski

Nikolai Kulemin

Clarke MacArthur

Nazem Kadri

Leo Komarov

Frazer McLaren

Dave Steckel

Colton Orr

Defensive Pairings

Dion Phaneuf

Korbinian Holzer

Carl Gunnarsson

Mike Kostka

Cody Franson

Mark Fraser

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
i know he was bad, :laugh:

that's why i wrote it carefully :

only because they won the last game with him in

not:

only because he won the last game

plus they have to get him going, he is the #1 when he's right

This. Reimer's our #1, start him. Let him get into a rhythm.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Next 2 games are huge. Both of NJ and Ottawa are slightly ahead of us in points %.

EDIT: You just go with Reimer. He has a tendency to get better and better with each start he is given.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
I don't think Frattin plays, and Reimer starts. Also, I think Ottawa will fade, Habs probably not enough anyways. One of NYR/PHI will be in the playoffs too so we'll be in a battle for 5-8 all year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad