Votes: 32 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Sent Daws down and call up Poulter. Might as well try goalie number 4.

Although Schmid surely has to get the next start.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m going to go ahead and second guess that decision because I knew it was a bad idea before the game Coach.
That’s called first guessing it, and plenty of us were right there with you too

Daws sv% and gaa has dropped below Vitek's. That's a bit concerning but the team really has had many dreadful games infront of him. Tonight , the Rags game , the Caps game etc. I still think he will be a NHLer though for sure. He still needs time to develop. Playing behind a legit starter and getting a 25 game workload would more ideal. I don't think the kid is cooked out from all the starts. It's really just a combo of him adapting and the Devils defensive structure lacking big time

As far as Lindy goes , I'm shocked this team hasn't taken a too many men on the ice penalty in what seems forever. Jack having to call an extra player out on the ice is really some sad stuff. I feel like the Devils from 2014-2016 played better hockey than this group with a much worse roster.
Daws is gonna be one of those people like Wedgewood who finds it in another organization assuming they develop him properly, and the same people will still be complaining ‘if we only had an average goalie’

captainscott2

Feb 23, 2024
I can't stand this guy but at least he would show some emotion behind the bench
I never understood why people say this about coaches. Do people want them to throw tantrums ? I’m not picking on you but I find this to be one of the dumbest fan comments across all sports . Apologies in advance.

Poulter will be end up being ruined by Rogalski also.
I think it’s good for Dawes to get NHL work but split his games already. Trade taffoki. Get 82 back in the lineup. And send the signal to the rest of these guys that are all being paid that they are playing out the season for the future. I don’t care what message it sends to the rest of team they out themselves here and are all being paid. Too bad.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I refuse to blame 4 different goaltenders having poor (& VERY SIMILAR) stats under the same system.

It's on the system & coaching staff.

Akira showed flashes of being good last year under extremely difficult circumstances.
Daws did a good job in the A.

I really believe, just like the skaters, the goaltenders are basically checked out also.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I never understood why people say this about coaches. Do people want them to throw tantrums ? I’m not picking on you but I find this to be one of the dumbest fan comments across all sports . Apologies in advance.

I think it’s good for Dawes to get NHL work but split his games already. Trade taffoki. Get 82 back in the lineup. And send the signal to the rest of these guys that are all being paid that they are playing out the season for the future. I don’t care what message it sends to the rest of team they out themselves here and are all being paid. Too bad.

He doesn't need to throw tantrums but every time they cut to the bench he looks like he's staring off into space. Of course you can't yell at these guys or the refs every single time but once in awhile showing some sort of emotion isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Some say streaky. Some say completely disappearing while the team spirals out of a playoff spot.

Pinning our slide on Haula is ... an interesting take. I'm assuming you're just including him in the list, which is fair, because the entire team is not good enough right now (aside from Hischier, although the one off game in this recent run was horrific)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Pinning our slide on Haula is ... an interesting take. I'm assuming you're just including him in the list, which is fair, because the entire team is not good enough right now (aside from Hischier, although the one off game in this recent run was horrific)
It's like musical chairs. Yesterday, it was Jack's line struggling, the game before, Hischier's line. They just cannot seem to play a consistent stable game where at least two lines are winning their matchups. Really frustrating.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
3rd time in Ruff's career that he is going to follow at ~110 point season to ~90 point season. Just inexplicable. Clearly his system does not translate year over year results. It's pretty obvious that the league has figured out how to play against his "system".

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
He doesn't need to throw tantrums but every time they cut to the bench he looks like he's staring off into space. Of course you can't yell at these guys or the refs every single time but once in awhile showing some sort of emotion isn't a bad thing.
Fans want emotion, but it’s not always what a team needs when things aren’t going well. It’s one of the last cards a coach can play. If they get upset and there’s no reaction, what then?

Usually, you’ll hear teams talk about how they appreciate coaches who take a patient, supportive approach. Which isn’t to say that the coach doesn’t set high expectations or hold people accountable. But yelling and screaming aren’t the only ways to accomplish that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
3rd time in Ruff's career that he is going to follow at ~110 point season to ~90 point season. Just inexplicable. Clearly his system does not translate year over year results. It's pretty obvious that the league has figured out how to play against his "system".
Third time in his career? Or just the third time here?

Because we’ve had good starts in all 3 of the non-playoff years, only to fall apart. It happened maybe a month or so into his first season here. Can’t remember how many games it took, because we had that two week span where our team got shut down because we had too many players testing positive for Covid.

And we fell apart by December in 21-22 after a pretty strong start and this year we fell apart much later, but still imploded.

We were 6-3-2 in 2020-2021 before implosion and 7-3-2 in 21-22 before imploding.

We went into December 9-7-4 and came out of December 12-15-5.

We went from 6-3-2 in 20-21 to 7-11-2 and 8-13-4.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Fans want emotion, but it’s not always what a team needs when things aren’t going well. It’s one of the last cards a coach can play. If they get upset and there’s no reaction, what then?

Usually, you’ll hear teams talk about how they appreciate coaches who take a patient, supportive approach. Which isn’t to say that the coach doesn’t set high expectations or hold people accountable. But yelling and screaming aren’t the only ways to accomplish that.

Like I said though there's a huge difference between yelling and screaming all the time and once in awhile when it's appropriate. It doesn't even have to be at the team, the refs can make a shit call and the vast majority of the time he still stands there with his thousand yard stare.

And if in the end if being patient or yelling doesn't work then getting fired is what needs to happen. Like it needed to happen months ago already here.

Reactions: NJDevs26

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Obviously just including him in the list.

There's about 15 problems with this team right now...

I actually really think Ruff gets fired today.... and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other problems take care of themselves with him gone.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Obviously just including him in the list.

There's about 15 problems with this team right now...

I actually really think Ruff gets fired today.... and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other problems take care of themselves with him gone.

I figured and I agree. It's systemic. I laid out what I think our offseason should be in the team thread. I don't think we need to break the bank for a top goalie. There are options that, combined with improved team defense (system) will get us what we need while preserving the window and the depth. We also have to keep some prospect depth for emergencies. Hamilton should have taught us that. With the struggles and the injuries this year Shakir Mukhamadullin would look super nice on the left side right now. We didn't have answers for center or wing depth when we had injuries either. We had Sasha Lakovic and Pat Conacher playing on the 2nd line or whatever.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
90 point season? I'm starting to doubt that. Watch jack go back to the IR again. The good news is. We can't lose to the Caps and Ducks anymore. No more embarrassing half blue Prudential center with us done with the Rags at home. Those are about the only positives. Feels just as suckie as it did two years ago. Thankfully they didn't get embarrassed in the Met Life Stadium game. Would have been fitting though.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Fire them, hire @Guttersniped
Add @StevenToddIves and @Guadana to our scouting staff while we are at it.
If I could get paid for this stuff, I'd probably still be doing it haha.

But seriously, if we strung together a 15-year list of my draft "sleepers" who made an impact in the NHL and my draft "beware" list who underperformed on expectation, it would be pages long. So I have to say I'm proud of what I did as a draft writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad