GDT: Devils @ Islanders - 5:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Missed the game today. Took my dad to Italy vs Ecuador for his birthday. Was at Red Bull Arena. First time there and had no idea how terrible the parking is. Had to park a couple miles away and walk and missed the first half. What a disaster.

Looks like Nemec had a nice bounce back game after a tough one yesterday.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If John Gibson is still a serious possibility then I would just keep the current tandem.

Gibson is no better than Allen at this point in his career. And he costs about 3x as much as Allen with what they’re retaining. Not taking into consideration what Anaheim could potentially retain.

Allen didn’t really perform worse on bad Montreal than Gibson has behind bad Anaheim.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

We could’ve used this months ago. Such a frustrating year.

Not even sure how I feel about this win.

A0454770-69EF-48CD-8837-F91BBB1C6705.jpeg

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
I watched the Islanders feed due to prerecording. Butch Goring questioned why Devils GM Fitzgerald allowed the season to drift by without getting a goaltender when goaltending was the obvious issue.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Let’s see if I can get this posted up before the site goes down again Challenge!

IMG_5571.jpegIMG_5570.jpegIMG_5568.jpegIMG_5567.jpeg

Our hero of the night, Kaapo Kahkonen, here with his son who got to suit up and a skate with him.

IMG_5563.jpeg

I kid, that’s Poulter.
IMG_5564.jpeg

Timo: I will destroy any North American swine who harms you.
IMG_5565.jpeg

A happy Alex Goaltz!
IMG_5566.jpeg

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Let’s see if I can get this posted up before the site goes down again Challenge!

View attachment 841143View attachment 841144View attachment 841145View attachment 841146

Our hero of the night, Kaapo Kahkonen, here with his son who got to suit up and a skate with him.

View attachment 841147

I kid, that’s Poulter.
View attachment 841148

Timo: I will destroy any North American swine who harm you.
View attachment 841149

A happy Alex Goaltz!
View attachment 841150

For a second I thought that really was his son, then I was like ''He's got a son that old? Isn't he only like 27?''.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Missed the game today. Took my dad to Italy vs Ecuador for his birthday. Was at Red Bull Arena. First time there and had no idea how terrible the parking is. Had to park a couple miles a way and walk and missed the first half. What a disaster.

Looks like Nemec had a nice bounce back game after a tough one yesterday.
Who won?

Reactions: Mgd31

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Great win and shutout today

Sadly, I hate our team more after losing to the Sens yesterday & Coyotes last weekend. Inexcusable for a team who needs to win
Yeah .. a little late season run is going to get them within a few points, but they routinely drop games they should be able to win. Not to be this year.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kahkonen's first ever NHL game came against us.

I didn't remember this until today. When going through his career stats I noticed he only played 6 games I think it was in 19-20? That was back when Minnesota still had Dubnyk and I guess Stalock was the other goalie there at that time.

I remember him playing against us that year, just because I remember laughing that his name was almost identical to that other Finn that played against men and was taken 2nd overall behind Jack several months earlier. And I'm sure I joked that we can't even beat Kaapo Kakko who was playing goalie that night and that he was so good he could even play goalie and Jack couldn't do that.

I didn't realize that was his first ever NHL game though.

Bryce was also calling him Kakko in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad