GDT: Devils @ Flames 7PM MT SN360

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Smith has to be best shootout goalie we've had. Even with how amazing Kipper was for us, he couldn't stop a beach ball in a shootout

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm just gonna ignore every Mony hater from now on.. IDGAF that boy can score.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Decent game. Nice to actually get some scoring. Need that to continue. Smith while had some gaffs, played a good game again.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Love you Chunky!!

ThornyAchingChupacabra-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
We totally owe this win to the Oilers. I mean if teams didn't keep playing their starters against them, we wouldn't have backups to steal wins from and we'd be where they are in the standings :sarcasm:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I feel like Monahan's finishing ability has even gone to a greater level this year. The ease and confidence with which he finishes chances in the slot is just ridiculous.

Monahan is on pace for 47 goals this year. Obviously, that's not entirely realistic but I wouldn't be surprised if he crested above 35. We got the best goal scorer in the draft when we picked him, what a great day that was for this team regardless of the hot garbage we took through the subsequent rounds.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Still no goals for the bottom 6 though. I feel next game if Jagr gets in, Janko and Bennett both get a goal or two. They've been really good the past couple games whereas Lazar has been awful, just a train wreck.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
It's weird to see Monahan be this productive to start the season.

Yeah, bottom 6 continues to be lol. Jagr can't come back soon enough.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That was probably the most entertaining Flames game since the Jets game. Got to see a bunch of goals from actual good plays, rather than managing to stuff one in against the run of play and hope Smith can make it stand up. If Smith had brought his A-game, we probably would have won going away instead of needing a shootout. But it's nice to win one on the backs of our forwards, for once. Top line was excellent, and hey, we got a goal from the fourth line (even if Frolik was on the ice instead of Brouwer, and it wasn't a member of the line scoring)!

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I know it's been mentioned enough, but holy shit I still can't believe we got Tkachuk where we did in the draft. What a gift. This kid is the total package, and to think he's only 19...

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
I know it's been mentioned enough, but holy **** I still can't believe we got Tkachuk where we did in the draft. What a gift. This kid is the total package, and to think he's only 19...

Could not agree more! Once this team takes the next level and becomes a strong post season pusher, he is the type of player that will be massive difference maker. Cant wait to observe his career! :popcorn:

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Awesome game to be at, especially since we got upgraded from PL to Row 12 of the lower bowl.

Hard to see the game from there though. Going to have to watch the highlights to get more of an idea of how the goals looked.

Bennett needs to go.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Awesome game to be at, especially since we got upgraded from PL to Row 12 of the lower bowl.

Hard to see the game from there though. Going to have to watch the highlights to get more of an idea of how the goals looked.
It's a bit of a trade-off, isn't it? One of my favourite games I was at was sitting row 2 behind the net (to the side a little) in Vancouver. The only goal of the game was scored by Michael Frolik right in front of me. What a rush that was. And of course, when the puck was down in the other end or in the neutral zone, it was hard to figure out how plays were developing. But you get all the emotion and intensity that's going on on the rink at a much closer vantage point. Sitting by the benches is also really cool for that reason. You get to see so much more than on TV.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Yeah the atmosphere and intensity is exponentially better down there but the first 3 rows of PL are without a doubt the best to watch the game unfold.

Still, awesome time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad