GDT: Devils @ Ducks - DAS EUPHORIA PART SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
So we still haven't scored a goal with JJ on the PP, correct? It's almost as if last season was an anomaly and the worst offensive player in the league isn't a very important part of the PP.

The Devils generate more shots and shot attempts with Josefson on the ice. But it's very easy to be fooled by randomness.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The Devils generate more shots and shot attempts with Josefson on the ice. But it's very easy to be fooled by randomness.

Great, getting shots isn't the problem. We're near the top of the league in shots and near the bottom in goals. He's not a scoring threat and isn't very good at anything else.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Great, getting shots isn't the problem. We're near the top of the league in shots and near the bottom in goals. He's not a scoring threat and isn't very good at anything else.

If you notice, almost every time he is out there, the team is able to get set up on a consistent basis and move the puck around. You cannot say the same for any of the other PP groups we have had so far.

I'm not advocating for him on the PP but he's not a detriment there at all like people are trying to paint him to be.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I watched the first two periods but I can't recall seeing Boucher do much. Obviously not a good thing but not necessarily a bad thing either. How did he fair in the 3rd and your overall opinion?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Getting shots is almost always the problem. Scoring goals is an accident of getting shots.

I watched the first two periods but I can't recall seeing Boucher do much. Obviously not a good thing but not necessarily a bad thing either. How did he fair in the 3rd and your overall opinion?

Best game I've seen out of him, he was involved, made some good plays - ended up with 6 shots on goal, some of which were 'Anaheim shots' from a bad angle.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
How did Merrill look?

Not sure how it looked on TV, but in person I thought he looked decent in the first period. Bad turnover in second (soft backhander up the boards on his weak side) led to the 2nd Anaheim goal. Had a couple opportunities to get shots from the point, but either missed wide or wasn't able to get it through.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
C'mon Bleed, you can't be pinning this loss on Schneider.

The blame for this loss goes right to the PP. 6 minutes of futility. Defensive discipline lapsed and they paid the price

JJ is a black hole offensively. He didn't look so bad last year, but the team wasn't good, but he just doesn't belong in the NHL

I'm tired of reading the same nonsense about Josefson. He's a NHL player and a damn good bottom 6 forward. Our fan base is pissed that he's not a offensive player, ok, I get it... but he does a lot of little things right that doesn't add up on the stat sheet and that's all you can ask for from your bottom 6 forwards.

This ain't a video game where you can slot 12 offensive forwards. If we're going to complain about our lack of goal scoring, why are talking about Josefson? Shouldn't we be talking about Palmieri, Henrique, etc... you know, guys who we actually depend on to bring some offense?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm tired of reading the same nonsense about Josefson. He's a NHL player and a damn good bottom 6 forward. Our fan base is pissed that he's not a offensive player, ok, I get it... but he does a lot of little things right that doesn't add up on the stat sheet and that's all you can ask for from your bottom 6 forwards.

This ain't a video game where you can slot 12 offensive forwards. If we're going to complain about our lack of goal scoring, why are talking about Josefson? Shouldn't we be talking about Palmieri, Henrique, etc... you know, guys who we actually depend on to bring some offense?

Damn good bottom 6 forward? Going around making claims like that will only ensure that that you'll keep on reading that same ''Nonsense'' about him.

How about a damn good 4th liner? Damn good 3rd liners don't score at a rate of 20 points per 82 games and 17 points per 82 over their career.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Damn good bottom 6 forward? Going around making claims like that will only ensure that that you'll keep on reading that same ''Nonsense'' about him.

How about a damn good 4th liner? Damn good 3rd liners don't score at a rate of 20 points per 82 games and 17 points per 82 over their career.

i think you're obsessed with him man. your first reaction to dsp's goal was making a remark about josefson possibly getting a point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
C'mon Bleed, you can't be pinning this loss on Schneider.

The blame for this loss goes right to the PP. 6 minutes of futility. Defensive discipline lapsed and they paid the price

JJ is a black hole offensively. He didn't look so bad last year, but the team wasn't good, but he just doesn't belong in the NHL

I wasn't the one to pin this loss on Schneider.

Devilswede said he was giving up more bad goals this year than he did last year, or something to that effect.

To which I defended Schneider saying he's allowed 6 stoppable goals on 27 goals allowed total this year. That's a very low percentage.

If you watch the Florida vs Toronto highlights from last night, you'll see that piece of **** James Reimer allowed 4 (maybe even FIVE!) BAD goals on 6 goals allowed total.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i think you're obsessed with him man. your first reaction to dsp's goal was making a remark about josefson possibly getting a point.

I'm tired of seeing a 17 points per 82 game player playing the 3rd line, and I know I'm not the only one.

When we have a player that's that ****ing ATROCIOUS at offense, good luck on having a 3rd line that provides at adequate amount of offense.

And it's something we tried last year, which FAILED miserably then and I'm not sure why we've went back to it this year. Especially before Cammalleri and Hall were even out of the lineup.

I'm tired of anyone defending this guy as anything better than a 4th liner.

I'm being completely rational here, the guy sucks at offense. PERIOD! We need better as far as 3rd line forwards go and he's been getting non-stop chances for over a year now, ever since Hynes has been there. It's a complete 180 from the Pete days. It's like he's being repaid for Pete's years negligence towards him.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Again, you're missing the point by a country mile. When analyzing Josefson, your top point is his offense. Do you honestly think that management and our coaching staff are depending on yayo to rack up pts? We've been one of the worst offenses in the game and you expect our 3rd/4th line center to generate 35 to 40 pts? Is Travis Zajac our #1 center? If so, and going by your standards, he should be our 3rd or 4th center since he posted 42 pts last year and 25 the year before... 25!

Josefson is the least of our worries, especially when we have no other option down the middle, yet I keep reading the same crap about a player who's talents are known to be away from the puck, his high hockey IQ and his shootout skills, not his offensive game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, you're missing the point by a country mile. When analyzing Josefson, your top point is his offense. Do you honestly think that management and our coaching staff are depending on yayo to rack up pts? We've been one of the worst offenses in the game and you expect our 3rd/4th line center to generate 35 to 40 pts? Is Travis Zajac our #1 center? If so, and going by your standards, he should be our 3rd or 4th center since he posted 42 pts last year and 25 the year before... 25!

Josefson is the least of our worries, especially when we have no other option down the middle, yet I keep reading the same crap about a player who's talents are known to be away from the puck, his high hockey IQ and his shootout skills, not his offensive game.

I absolutely think that a 3rd line player should be scoring 30 points per 82 games, maybe 25 or 26 at the very least. YES, I do believe that.

His offensive production is more than alright for the 4th line though.

We'll continue to be one of the lowest scoring teams until we have 3rd liners that can do better than 20 points per year.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm tired of seeing a 17 points per 82 game player playing the 3rd line, and I know I'm not the only one.

When we have a player that's that ****ing ATROCIOUS at offense, good luck on having a 3rd line that provides at adequate amount of offense.

And it's something we tried last year, which FAILED miserably then and I'm not sure why we've went back to it this year. Especially before Cammalleri and Hall were even out of the lineup.

I'm tired of anyone defending this guy as anything better than a 4th liner.

I'm being completely rational here, the guy sucks at offense. PERIOD! We need better as far as 3rd line forwards go and he's been getting non-stop chances for over a year now, ever since Hynes has been there. It's a complete 180 from the Pete days. It's like he's being repaid for Pete's years negligence towards him.

I don't think they're giving him chances just for the hope that he'll get better. He's versatile, his skating fits the system, he's a good possession player as well. He might not produce offense but other teams don't get much on him when he's on the ice.

They play him as 3C because they want Zacha to be on the wing.

They're not going to lose games because of the way Josefson is playing.

I absolutely think that a 3rd line player should be scoring 30 points per 82 games, maybe 25 or 26 at the very least. YES, I do believe that.

We'll continue to be one of the lowest scoring teams until we have 3rd liners that can do better than 20 points per year.

They'll continue being a low scoring team because majority of the guys in the top 6 other than Hall don't have elite production.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think they're giving him chances just for the hope that he'll get better. He's versatile, his skating fits the system, he's a good possession player as well. He might not produce offense but other teams don't get much on him when he's on the ice.

They play him as 3C because they want Zacha to be on the wing.

They're not going to lose games because of the way Josefson is playing.

We're definitely going to suffer from lack of 3rd line scoring when Josefson is playing the 3rd line every night, which will cause us to lose games if the top 6 isn't rolling for a night or two.

Once again, you need players that can contribute at a rate of better than 20 points per 82 on the 3rd line. I don't think Josefson has produced at a rate better than that since his rookie year. And he's also one of the worst points per 60 players in the league, from what I recall.

You can call out the top 6 all you want, 20-ish points per 82 on the 3rd line is completely unacceptable and not an NHL caliber 3rd liner.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Ok, I can kind of agree with your pov but is that Josefson's fault if he's penciled in as our 3rd line center? What other options does Hynes have at his disposal? Would you rather have Fiddler on our 3rd line?

Instead of complaining for the sake of complaining, you should look as to why he's being played on our 3rd line... that way, you'll probably answer your own questions. Just saying.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ok, I can kind of agree with your pov but is that Josefson's fault if he's penciled in as our 3rd line center? What other options does Hynes have at his disposal? Would you rather have Fiddler on our 3rd line?

Instead of complaining for the sake of complaining, you should look as to why he's being played on our 3rd line... that way, you'll probably answer your own questions. Just saying.

I need to think about the roster and what we currently have without Cammalleri and Hall right now, but I absolutely think there's no reason in hell to play Josefson at 3rd line anything, once at least one of them come back. He was playing on the 3rd line a couple games before Cammalleri even left.

We talked all offseason about how we're now too deep to play Josefson on the 3rd line.

And I definitely don't think he should be getting played over Boucher or DSP, etc, unless it's on the 4th line.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I need to think about the roster and what we currently have without Cammalleri and Hall right now, but I absolutely think there's no reason in hell to play Josefson at 3rd line anything, once at least one of them come back. He was playing on the 3rd line a couple games before Cammalleri even left.

We talked all offseason about how we're now too deep to play Josefson on the 3rd line.

So, who's more suited to play at that position? Boucher and DSP aren't centers, so I don't get your point.

I just find it hilarious that you (and others) are freaking out about the production of Josefson when our leading goal scorer is a guy we picked up on waivers. Why aren't you bashing Cammalleri, Henrique, Palmieri, Zajac or even Bennett who's been given TOP LINE MINUTES and hasn't racked up a goal in 15 games?

Our 3rd line center is the least of our worries when talking about our goal scoring issues.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
So, who's more suited to play at that position? Boucher and DSP aren't centers, so I don't get your point.

I just find it hilarious that you (and others) are freaking out about the production of Josefson when our leading goal scorer is a guy we picked up on waivers. Why aren't you bashing Cammalleri, Henrique, Palmieri, Zajac or even Bennett who's been given TOP LINE MINUTES and hasn't racked up a goal in 15 games?

Our 3rd line center is the least of our worries when talking about our goal scoring issues.

The players you mentioned have at least provided offense as recently as last year. Camm and co will hopefully rebound because they have a track record of doing so. I'd rather give a "has been" the benefit of the doubt, but a "never was" like Josefsson doesn't deserve anymore chances. When Camm comes back, I'd like to see Zacha back at 3C because I think he looked better at C with the exception of faceoffs

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
The players you mentioned have at least provided offense as recently as last year. Camm and co will hopefully rebound because they have a track record of doing so. I'd rather give a "has been" the benefit of the doubt, but a "never was" like Josefsson doesn't deserve anymore chances. When Camm comes back, I'd like to see Zacha back at 3C because I think he looked better at C with the exception of faceoffs

Josefson is responsible in his own zone and that's why he's penciled in Hynes lineup, period. All you stat watchers can lay off the lack of goalscoring tantrum cause Hyne, apparently, isn't worried about it. Again, we have no better options, so let's stop beating a dead horse and just accept it.

IMO, Zacha will benefit a lot more if he's playing with our best players at wing instead of the 3rd line with average players, as a center, in his rookie year.

BB isn't any better, is playing top minutes on our "top line" and everything is roses.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

This.

Not to mention that last year, those guys produced and Josefson produced next to nothing, as per usual.

Josefson is responsible in his own zone and that's why he's penciled in Hynes lineup, period. All you stat watchers can lay off the lack of goalscoring tantrum cause Hyne, apparently, isn't worried about it. Again, we have no better options, so let's stop beating a dead horse and just accept it.

IMO, Zacha will benefit a lot more if he's playing with our best players at wing instead of the 3rd line with average players, as a center, in his rookie year.

BB isn't any better, is playing top minutes on our "top line" and everything is roses.

Except that Bennett over his career, was quite a bit better than Josefson before this year.

Josefson is a 4th liner/busted first round pick at best. I don't understand the lengths that people go to defend him still. You're very persistent though, I'll give you that.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
This.

Not to mention that last year, those guys produced and Josefson produced next to nothing, as per usual.

You really don't get it, so I'll just leave it at that. Do you at least understand the role of a bottom 6 forward? Are you aware that goal scoring isn't their #1 priority? If he sucked away from the puck and wasn't producing offensively, you'd have a point but that isn't the case.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
This.

Except that Bennett over his career, was quite a bit better than Josefson before this year.

Josefson is a 4th liner/busted first round pick at best. I don't understand the lengths that people go to defend him still. You're very persistent though, I'll give you that.

In what world is 14 pts as a career high "better" when playing on a stacked offensive team like the Pens? Like I said, we've been ranked dead last offensively, yet you want Josefson to rack up between 20 to 30 pts per year?

You should know better by know and start lowering your expectations. He is a 1st round pick but that doesn't always pan out to a top line talent. Just take a look back at all the picks made in the 1st round over the past several years and you'll see that just making the NHL alone isn't as easy as you might think it is, let alone becoming a top 6 forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad