Post-Game Talk: Devils 'cause Rags tears to fall (POLL)

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Kudos to anyone who had the cajones to drop cash on the devils winning this game when they were down 2-0 and still playing like ass several minutes into the second period. There was no indication whatsoever that they’d turn their play around that quickly or to that degree.

I don’t think I can recall another time when so many Rags fans were at the rock AND they all wind up looking like dejected children because their team got curb stomped. LOL

Loved watching their backs going up the aisles after goal 6. Liked Panarin getting bounced by Rango too.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
What a 2nd period that turned into, and the 3rd was fun as well.

Just all kinds of jump once they got rolling.

Odd seeing Shesterkin having some trouble for a change, but satisfying all the same.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Wow, Rangers threads are hilarious in losses like this. Gotta give those guys credit, they know how to whine.

I went over to their GDT for some postgame schadenfreude late last night (the emotional drop from 1st period to 2nd was clearly going to be epic) and some goof was going to our thread and then tattling on us for being meanies in a comically serious tone during the game.

There might have been more than one, but the most memorable was some fussbudget that had a list, which I’m not going to bother to look up (because who cares), but it had IIRC (and it might not but again, who cares):

1) We call their fans “scum”. Some of that was definitely me. It’s all in good fun guys. These are jokes, making fun of that dumb team is how I enjoy myself.

If any Ranger fans take what I say seriously, I’m genuinely sorry, from the deepest crevices of my big ole heart for hurting their feelings. Enjoy third place you big f***ing babies.

2) We somehow collectively have a nickname for Lafrenière. LaBustiere? Or something. I forget. Someone here must have busted (heh) something like that out last night.

I just really enjoyed the idea that the poster thought we collectively made pet f***ing names for one of random dumb players. It’s not all about you sweeties.

We sometimes call Panarin Bread like everyone else because he’s cool, I say Zib to avoid spelling out his name and Shesty maybe, he’s a stud. The rest is white noise garbage. (Well Fox is short already.)

3) There were other several others on the list that I’m forgetting. Seriously. It was good sized list and the breathless Rags poster was very serious minded in their condemnation of our thoughtless cruelties.

It was f***ing hilarious, I’m not going to lie. (Seriously, who does that? Who cares about that? Well a Rangers fan, not surprisingly. I guess when you root for such a glorious storied fancy franchise that plays in the World’s Greatest Arena you expect fans in other GDT to salute or something.)

Last edited:

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I went over to their GDT for some postgame schadenfreude late last night (the emotional drop from 1st period to 2nd was clearly going to be epic) and some goof was going to our thread and then tattling on us for being meanies in a comically serious tone during the game.

There might have been more than one, but the most memorable was some fussbudget that had a list, which I’m not going to bother to look up (because who cares), but it had it IIRC (and I might not but again, who cares):

1) We call their fans “scum”. Some of that was definitely me. It’s all in good fun guys. These are jokes, making fun of that dumb team is how I enjoy myself.

If any Ranger fans take what I say seriously, I’m genuinely sorry, from the deepest crevices of my big ole heart for hurting their feelings. Enjoy third place you big f***ing babies.

2) We somehow collectively have a nickname for Lafrenière. LaBustiere? Or something. I forget. Someone here must have busted (heh) something like that out last night.

I just really enjoyed the idea that the poster thought we collectively made pet f***ing names for one of random dumb players. It’s not all about you sweeties.

We sometimes call Panarin Bread like everyone else because he’s cool, I say Zib to avoid spelling out his name and Shesty maybe, he’s a stud. The rest is white noise garbage. (Well Fox is short already.)

3) There were other several others on the list that I’m forgetting. Seriously. It was good sized list and the breathless Rags poster was very serious minded in their condemnation of our thoughtless cruelties.

It was f***ing hilarious, I’m not going to lie. (Seriously, who does that? Who cares about that? Well a Rangers fan, not surprisingly. I guess when you root for such a glorious storied fancy franchise that plays in the World’s Greatest Arena you expect fans in other GDT to salute or something.)
Rent free baby.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
As much as I wanted to vote for my Captain, I voted:

Graves (because he deserves some love here)

Tatar (Mr Disappointment had a whale of a game and the poor guy thought he had two goals for most of the night)

Yegor (for those moves)

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

There might have been more than one, but the most memorable was some fussbudget that had a list, which I’m not going to bother to look up (because who cares), but it had IIRC (and it might not but again, who cares):

Hahahaha. This is gold.

I'd like to think we avoid some of the insanity that comes with being a major market team. The tin foil hat has never really gone further than HSBE doesn't want to spend / care what happens. Historically, we've just gotten collectively depressed about sucking and not believing there's anything of value on the roster, which every fanbase does.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wanted to vote Novak but was unable to.
I have to give Tatar credit where credit is due. He had a very good game.
Mercer was very good as well but I had to go with Nico / Bratt / Hughes.

It wasn’t Jacks best game by any means but his goals were pretty damn nice. I’d have him and Mercer as tied for a top 3 spot

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Hughes Daws Novak.

Couple big saves by unphased rook, Hughes just looks sooooo relaxed out there now. Novak with his best game as a Devil.

We got worked in the first period and then scored 6 against 5hit5terkin.

I wanted to vote Novak but was unable to.
I have to give Tatar credit where credit is due. He had a very good game.
Mercer was very good as well but I had to go with Nico / Bratt / Hughes.

It wasn’t Jacks best game by any means but his goals were pretty damn nice. I’d have him and Mercer as tied for a top 3 spot
who the hell is novak

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Hahahaha. This is gold.

I'd like to think we avoid some of the insanity that comes with being a major market team. The tin foil hat has never really gone further than HSBE doesn't want to spend / care what happens. Historically, we've just gotten collectively depressed about sucking and not believing there's anything of value on the roster, which every fanbase does.
Oh, shit I remember now what was also on list and it was also totally hilarious.

Seriously, buckle up. The poster reported that we thought our team sucked and we wanted Ruff fired. THEY REPORTED IT LIKE IT WAS NEWS BULLETIN. That was also on the list. (I realize I’m reporting what happened on their board, but this was funny, so I’m doing it.)

I assume this was after the 1st period. But that’s most team’s GDT if they’re losing and feels like they’re getting dominated? (Seriously, check out, say, the Blues board, very tough crowd.) And we’re in 27th place? You can actually predict that response without looking. (And not care.)

And they said we wanted to injure Shesterkin. I remember this because they said it was against the board rules. (And we were flouting them, as the ultimate bad boys & girls of the HFBoards. We’re so sassy!) And I looked up the rules:

“Wishing injury on players or other persons is considered offensive.”

Now, two posters suggested “running him” but I very much think that’s not wishing injury on a goalie. But that’s me.

And I also thought, yeah, going to the opposing teams GDT and seeing a couple of comments about “running a goalie” and interpreting those as not wanting to rattle him but actually wishing injury to the guy, then rushing back to report them on your GDT and immediately whining that those comments break the board’s rules about offensive content is such weenie behavior… it was wild. Again, who does that?

I just went there to enjoy them loving all the new players in the 1st period (and Copp looked quite good, he’s exactly what they needed) and then enjoy watching their reaction as it went to hell in the 2nd. (I’m petty that way.) I was expecting all the usual comments about saying we suck and how the crowd was all Rangers fans because our team has no fans blah blah blah, but all this Devils GDT intel was just so goofy.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Oh, shit I remember now what was also on list and it was also totally hilarious.

Seriously, buckle up. The poster reported that we thought our team sucked and we wanted Ruff fired. THEY REPORTED IT LIKE IT WAS NEWS BULLETIN. That was also on the list. (I realize I’m reporting what happened on their board, but this was funny, so I’m doing it.)

I assume this was after the 1st period. But that’s most team’s GDT if they’re losing and feels like they’re getting dominated? (Seriously, check out, say, the Blues board, very tough crowd.) And we’re in 27th place? You can actually predict that response without looking. (And not care.)

And they said we wanted to injure Shesterkin. I remember this because they said it was against the board rules. (And we were flouting them, as the ultimate bad boys & girls of the HFBoards. We’re so sassy!) And I looked up the rules:

Now, two posters suggested “running him” but I very much think that’s not wishing injury on a goalie. But that’s me.

And I also thought, yeah, going to the opposing teams GDT and seeing a couple of comments about “running a goalie” and interpreting those as not wanting to rattle him but actually wishing injury to the guy, then rushing back to report them on your GDT and immediately whining that those comments break the board’s rules about offensive content is such weenie behavior… it was wild. Again, who does that?

I just went there to enjoy them loving all the new players in the 1st period (and Copp looked quite good, he’s exactly what they needed) and then enjoy watching their reaction as it went to hell in the 2nd. (I’m petty that way.) I was expecting all the usual comments about saying we suck and how the crowd was all Rangers fans because our team has no fans blah blah blah, but all this Devils GDT intel was just so goofy.

If we wanted to injure Igor we would've rushed Wood back into the lineup or gave up everything to pry Kreider from them

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

Hahaha, fifth grade playground vibes.

I'm one of the posters who suggested, if Wood was back, telling him to run Shesty Kreider-style. It was a tacky joke but I'll take my one day ban if it makes everything simpatico.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Hahaha, fifth grade playground vibes.

I'm one of the posters who suggested, if Wood was back, telling him to run Shesty Kreider-style. It was a tacky joke but I'll take my one day ban if it makes everything simpatico.
we're playing 5D chess here lol

i don't even think we're particularly mean about the rangers fanbase - to me, the peak of fandom hatred was the torts/deboer era. they are literally playing themselves by coming up with these little "things" we say about their fanbase and getting pissed off about it

sucking for a while humbles a fanbase. NYC fans are not very humble though

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
we're playing 5D chess here lol

i don't even think we're particularly mean about the rangers fanbase - to me, the peak of fandom hatred was the torts/deboer era. they are literally playing themselves by coming up with these little "things" we say about their fanbase and getting pissed off about it

sucking for a while humbles a fanbase. NYC fans are not very humble though
They're traumatized, like one of those chihuahuas stuck in Gucci bags all over Manhattan. But that doesn't stop them from barking.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If we wanted to injure Igor we would've rushed Wood back into the lineup or gave up everything to pry Kreider from them

I threw two unnamed posters (classy, I know) under the bus but I remember now that I personally said we can’t run him because Wood wasn’t back yet. (I am Spartacus!)

Not to play HFBoard lawyer, but it’s quite a stretch to read a “wish to injure” into that, and if it’s not a plainly a wish to injure, then I assume it’s not going to be against the rules. So it’s so wild to me that a Rag poster went there. We just wanted to bump your goalie, calm down. (And they were winning and a playoff team! And wannabe HFBoard vigilantes apparently.)

There was a Brodeur fat joke, but that was to be expected, those are eternal. (Marty designed the jersey> black is slimming.)

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I threw two unnamed posters (classy, I know) under the bus but I remember now that I personally said we can’t run him because Wood wasn’t back yet. (I am Spartacus!)

Not to play HFBoard lawyer, but it’s quite a stretch to read a “wish to injure” into that, and if it’s not a plainly a wish to injure, then I assume it’s not going to be against the rules. So it’s so wild to me that a Rag poster went there. We just wanted to bump your goalie, calm down. (And they were winning and a playoff team! And wannabe HFBoard vigilantes apparently.)

There was a Brodeur fat joke, but that was to be expected, those are eternal. (Marty designed the jersey> black is slimming.)
C for effort, not the worst joke from them hahaha

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Hughes Daws Novak.

Couple big saves by unphased rook, Hughes just looks sooooo relaxed out there now. Novak with his best game as a Devil.

We got worked in the first period and then scored 6 against 5hit5terkin.

The Novak moniker. :) Wonder what kind of reaction there would be at the Rock if someone wore a #90 with NOVAK on the nameplate. :D

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

One of them was me. No, I wasn't implying to injure, but FFS make Shesterkin uncomfortable to the point he needs to pay attention to both skater AND puck.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
It’s amazing, I thought Jack had a really rough first 40 minutes and then he scores two of the nicer goals of the season :laugh:

I went with Nico, Bratt and Tatar. Thought Bratt had himself his standard hell of a game, shame he was robbed of that goal on the offside call.

Nico is playing unbelievable right now. He made several strong back checks to break up rush chances for the Rags. It’s awesome to see him playing the best hockey of his career for all of us who knew to be patient and let him get back to full health.

Tatar needs to be allowed to wear the black jersey every game. :laugh: Thought he was fantastic.
I was sitting next to a friend of mine who doesn't usually watch the devils after hyping up hughes all day. I was like "I promise he's usually better then this"

Goes on to score 2 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce