Post-Game Talk: Devils 'cause Rags tears to fall (POLL)

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It’s amazing, I thought Jack had a really rough first 40 minutes and then he scores two of the nicer goals of the season :laugh:

I went with Nico, Bratt and Tatar. Thought Bratt had himself his standard hell of a game, shame he was robbed of that goal on the offside call.

Nico is playing unbelievable right now. He made several strong back checks to break up rush chances for the Rags. It’s awesome to see him playing the best hockey of his career for all of us who knew to be patient and let him get back to full health.

Tatar needs to be allowed to wear the black jersey every game. :laugh: Thought he was fantastic.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Mercer had a HELL of a game. Had to take him in my top 3. I went with Nico, Dawson, Hughes.

Hughes didn’t have the best game, but he showed up in the 3rd when it matters. He looks sick to me, maybe the bug got to him. Nico didn’t score but he got a few apples and made a few great defensive plays, most notably the back-check on Zibanejad.

Bratt is a close 4th. Unfortunately, I can only pick 3 but he played very well also.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Hughes' skating was its usual dynamic self but he was definitely fighting and bobbling the puck for much of the night, but was still able to stick the dagger in to the rags in the third. I thought Nico was their best overall player last night, he was just all over the place and making things happen. Bratt, Mercer, and Tatar also had great games too.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I had to put Tatar in the top 3. I've been hard on him all year, but he may have played his best game as a Devil -- Tomas was everywhere. If he brought that consistency of effort, I feel he would still be a top 6 winger.

Mercer might have had the best all-around game of anyone not named "Nico". He was winning board battles and puck battles all night long. I think he beat Zibanejad -- who is a phenomenal player -- on three different occasions and created scoring chances off two of them. What a game for the kid.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I had to put Tatar in the top 3. I've been hard on him all year, but he may have played his best game as a Devil -- Tomas was everywhere. If he brought that consistency of effort, I feel he would still be a top 6 winger.

Mercer might have had the best all-around game of anyone not named "Nico". He was winning board battles and puck battles all night long. I think he beat Zibanejad -- who is a phenomenal player -- on three different occasions and created scoring chances off two of them. What a game for the kid.
Same here.

Tatar played a great game and the fact that getting a shot on one of the top lines maybe sparked something that we haven't seen in about 60 games. We went on a roll in the 2nd and we even had a dissallowed goal to boot.

We jumped in the standings but beating the Rags is always welcomed.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Kudos to anyone who had the cajones to drop cash on the devils winning this game when they were down 2-0 and still playing like ass several minutes into the second period. There was no indication whatsoever that they’d turn their play around that quickly or to that degree.

I don’t think I can recall another time when so many Rags fans were at the rock AND they all wind up looking like dejected children because their team got curb stomped. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad