GDT: Devils at Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looks like Lack is starting tomorrow, unless I misheard that.

He said ''Yes'' after Gross brought up Lack. I don't know if he asked ''Is Lack an option tomorrow?'' or ''Is Lack in net tomorrow?''.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Kinkaid is a broken man.

Amanda Stein: #NJDevils Keith Kinkaid repeated several times “They just kept coming.”
Reminds me of the scene in "The Two Towers" where Théoden looked defeated.

So-much-death..png

Reactions: Darkauron

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Eddie Lack or Keith Kinkaid. Pick your poison. Can't believe it has gotten to this point.

Still think getting a NHL caliber backup should have been a priority this off-season but whatever.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lovejoy can't shoot, pass, skate, or state in position.

Santini and Mueller are infinity better at covering their man and helping the breakout .

This shouldn't even be a debate

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The lack of scoring can be forgiven being that Johansson and Gibbons are out for an extended stretch.

What can’t be forgiven is being a tire fire in your own zone night in and night out. What can’t be forgiven is refusing to change up the starting goalie and instead opting to stick with one of the worst goalies in the league statistically. What can’t be forgiven is continuing to roll with the same defensemen that are coughing up prime scoring chances and 4+ goals every night, while better and younger options languish in the press box.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Right, just like we won more with Marty than Cory that year.
Ah, you were discussing the Lovejoy debate.

Honestly, I think Lovejoy probably should go away somewhere, but the reason that I don't like citing our record with him is the same thing that I argue against when seeing ''But dat goalie winz tho!'' to rationalize a poor goalie's play.

I can give or take Lovejoy right now, but he needs to go at the end of the year and he absolutely shouldn't be going any longer than 15-16 minutes most nights. Maybe 17 minutes if we have a lot of PK like tonight.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't give a s--t what "every other coach" does.

Hynes should be ABSOLUTE here with his plan.

"YES. LACK IS PLAYING TOMORROW. WE NEED A SPARK" or something like that.

He was clearly pissed off and just trying to get through it as quickly as possible.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Lack "a consideration" :laugh: :laugh:

Probably won'r help much if we play even close to as bad as tonight though. I won't be upset if Kinkaid never plays another game for this franchise, he's been horrible this year.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Did kk need to face 60 shots to say for sure lack is playing. I'm sure even kk is saying don't play me tomorrow

And it's not Hynes' default schtick with goalies either, earlier in the season he was more decisive about KK or Cory playing after a back to back.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

A CONSIDERATION?! Yeah Hynes can screw off too. Even if you don't want to blame tonight on KK, even thinking of playing him a seventh straight start the night after facing 51 shots on the road is mind-numbingly stupid.

Ah, so it was a ''Consideration'' and not a confirmation?

I thought he did confirm, but then Deb said something about a consideration and I thought that maybe the cannon did a number on my hearing, and that looks like the case.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If we play anything like this tomorrow, Lack will give up 10.

Then Hynes doesn't have to play him again, since he clearly doesn't want him to play in the first place. They should be running goalies in and out of here till one gets on a roll and not playing the same crap goalie over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad