Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Vitek Vanecek and 46th Overall pick from WSH for 37th Overall pick and 70th Overall pick

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I’d go with:

@StevenToddIves for Most Valuable Poster
@Guadana for Best Poster Who Speaks English as a Second Language
and a tie between @Bleedred and @Guttersniped for best use of thinly veiled profanity.
Thats honor! As I understand you would win the price "the man who should win some awards but prefer to not" award. We could call it Leonardo Dicaprio award, but this train left the station years ago.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
That made me curious so I went on the hunt. Czech and Slovak languages are mutually intelligible. Though since 1993 when Czechoslovakia broke up, the languages are diverging so they may not stay that way. Elias may have a better grasp of Slovak than Vanecek has of Czech, considering Vanecek was born in 1996.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
That made me curious so I went on the hunt. Czech and Slovak languages are mutually intelligible. Though since 1993 when Czechoslovakia broke up, the languages are diverging so they may not stay that way. Elias may have a better grasp of Slovak than Vanecek has of Czech, considering Vanecek was born in 1996.

A Slovakian poster explained this here, lot of different Czech/Slovak threads recently.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Doesn't fill with confidence. Half those saves were off situations of his own making. That being said, he seems to be athletic and have good reaction speed.
I’d attribute that to selection bias. No one makes highlight reels of the times a goalie plays so well positionally that they force a shot wide or a puck hits the post. And every goalie ends up out of position at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad