Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Vitek Vanecek and 46th Overall pick from WSH for 37th Overall pick and 70th Overall pick

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm hopeful that Blackwood and Vanecek can form a nice tandem, splitting games relatively evenly depending in how they're playing for a certain stretch.

I absolutely can see a world where it doesn't pan out though. Maybe Blackwood doesn't bounce back, Vanecek is asked to play more and can't shoulder the heavier workload either. Or one of them gets injured.

All of that is possible and I still think I'd rather this route. The UFA goalie market this year was shit, I didn't want to overpay for someone that was still realistically a question mark, over a longer period of time.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Vanecek deal is right in line with Georgiev, so Fitz felt fine with just paying market value and having his tandem set for the season.

I'd have probably preferred going with the shorter-term Kakhonen-type deal at a lower AAV, but it's not really a big concern.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We saw that exact scenario in 2020...Blackwood played 47 with a .915 SV% and we had nothing behind him...He managed to win 22 games and the rest of the goalies won 6 games.

That's not really a solution.
So just because we need a guy that can play 40 games we need to keep Blackwood and pay him $3 million even if he’s for the third year in a row a useless, no count, sack of shit goalie?

Reactions: Blender

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it's "no account"?
''No count'' is just a phrase my friend has used for a long time and I've started to pick up on it the last couple years.

It might have started out as ''No account'', but I've always heard him say ''No count''.

Like ''He's a no count''. or ''He's no count/he's not any count, etc''.

And with the way Blackwood has played the last two years (whatever the reasons) he's a NO COUNT.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against paying a goalie $3-$4 million next year, but it can't be Blackwood if he plays like a no count yet again.

I don't think I want him at that amount of money next year even if he is any count this year, unless he's like Shesterkin level from last year and in that case he'll be worth even more.

Lmaoo that one question, basically "New Jersey needs someone to stop the puck, can you do that?" 😭
I haven't watched it yet, but why do I get the feeling that was Ryan that asked him that? He really pushes the envelope and gets ballsy.

It's almost like he speaks for us on this forum. I wonder if he posts/used to post here lol.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
''No count'' is just a phrase my friend has used for a long time and I've started to pick up on it the last couple years.

It might have started out as ''No account'', but I've always heard him say ''No count''.

And with the way Blackwood has played the last two years (whatever the reasons) he's a NO COUNT.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against paying a goalie $3-$4 million next year, but it can't be Blackwood if he plays like a no count yet again.

I don't think I want him at that amount of money next year even if he is any count this year, unless he's like Shesterkin level from last year and in that case he'll be worth even more.

I haven't watched it yet, but why do I get the feeling that was Ryan that asked him that? He really pushes the envelope and gets ballsy.

It's almost like he speaks for us on this forum. I wonder if he posts/used to post here lol.
So the way you use it it's like saying "He's no Count"?

Unknown.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I’m glad I looked it up before pushing back against “no count” because apparently, while sick and wrong, it’s totally a thing.

So the way you use it it's like saying "He's no Count"?

View attachment 570819
And I didn’t check the thread before posting and should have remembered great minds etc etc

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Vanecek deal is right in line with Georgiev, so Fitz felt fine with just paying market value and having his tandem set for the season.

I'd have probably preferred going with the shorter-term Kakhonen-type deal at a lower AAV, but it's not really a big concern.
Considering what the goalie market is at the moment, Vitek/Blackwood could be quite valuable assets down the line. Assuming they do not start to resemble feces too much.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Considering what the goalie market is at the moment, Vitek/Blackwood could be quite valuable assets down the line. Assuming they do not start to resemble feces too much.
Sure, if they're good...Which is a pretty open question.

And if they are good, NJ would probably rather keep them around.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I’m glad I looked it up before pushing back against “no count” because apparently, while sick and wrong, it’s totally a thing.

And I didn’t check the thread before posting and should have remembered great minds etc etc

So when you google no account the Oxford dictionary definition pops up which says it's a title meaning of little worth. When you google no count it says it's another term for no account. We are all correct. You and @Bleedred can both celebrate your being correct by hurling vile profanities at me. I'll celebrate by shotgunning a can of Ensure Plus meal replacement shake or maybe making a boilermaker by dropping a shot of Metamucil into a glass of pepto bismol.

My3Sons

Sponsor

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

My3Sons

Sponsor
Poster with the best memes -> @NjDevsRR
Ok maybe some names are in order?

Lennon/McCartney award for MVP

Tolstoy Award for best poster who speaks English as a second langauge

Steven Spielberg award for best poster of memes and gifs

And of course the Tingis Pingis award for best use of thinly veiled profanity by a poster.

I’d probably also nominate @Guttersniped for the Charles Dickens award for poster who is most likely to be getting paid by the word.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Ok maybe some names are in order?

Lennon/McCartney award for MVP

Tolstoy Award for best poster who speaks English as a second langauge

Steven Spielberg award for best poster of memes and gifs

And of course the Tingis Pingis award for best use of thinly veiled profanity by a poster.

I’d probably also nominate @Guttersniped for the Charles Dickens award for poster who is most likely to be getting paid by the word.
Honestly, let’s will it to reality lol. Would be a cool off-season tradition to start off.

My3Sons

Sponsor
It's a fun idea, but good lord would it go off the rails quickly.:laugh:
You’d have to keep it positive. No award for being most negative poster or worst poster (which I’d win anyway) or poster who posts like they speak English as a second language despite living their whole life in North America or the UK (excluding Scotland) or Australia/NZ or least knowledgeable poster or meanest moderator or most annoying poster (me again) or whatever mean thing we can come up with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad