Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Steve Sullivan from PHX for a 7th Round Pick

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brian Burke? Lamiorello's son? Conte?

Hell no to Conte. I don't know why people think he'd be a good GM plus he's almost as old as Lou. If he were to become GM then it would be in some kind of a stop gap role. I doubt it very much though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well I just consulted the Lamoriello Encyclopedia and it's not good - the next reunion move for a former Devil comes down to Pandolfo, Gomez, Rupp or Souray.

*shudders*

Gomez is probably the only one of those I wouldn't absolutely hate though most probably would. Pandolfo though, just the thought of that makes me gasp for air. I said prayers that he would be gone during the entire 09/10 season. Eventually I got my wish.:laugh: Man he was just painful to watch in his last 2 seasons. How Boston has the best PK in the league with him on it I don't know. He was washed up 3 years ago.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hell no to Conte. I don't know why people think he'd be a good GM plus he's almost as old as Lou. If he were to become GM then it would be in some kind of a stop gap role. I doubt it very much though.

Yep, Conte is not GM material at all and would not be considered.

Chris Lams would be a horrid choice, let's hope he is not handed it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bruin fans are complaining as much about Pando now as we did three years ago lol

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Bruin fans are complaining as much about Pando now as we did three years ago lol

God damn... Pandolfo was horrible when he last played for us, so I can only imagine how putrid his game must be today.

:laugh:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
the other 8 guys on the ice are going to have be standing still or going to the bench in order for the slug to pass the boulder

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

the other 8 guys on the ice are going to have be standing still or going to the bench in order for the slug to pass the boulder

Volch would nail all 8 players with one hit, leaving a clear path for Pandolfo to fly down the wing.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If we're couting on Steve Sullivan to "save" our season, this team is in way worst shape then I imagined... no joke.

I don't think anyone is counting on Sullivan to "save" our season. I think Lou hopes Sullivan can make a positive contribution on some level and is betting on the players who were here on 4/2 to turn it around.

With prices on real valuable players so high, it was basically either a decision to sell on stand Pat.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I don't think anyone is counting on Sullivan to "save" our season. I think Lou hopes Sullivan can make a positive contribution on some level and is betting on the players who were here on 4/2 to turn it around.

With prices on real valuable players so high, it was basically either a decision to sell on stand Pat.

I just don't see how Sullivan can be of any use when playing in the bottom #6, cause I hope for us he won't be utilised as a top #6 forward.

Outside of the PP, he's pretty much useless, cause he's probably a slight faster then Volchenkov and with DeBoer's system, you have to skate to be effective.

Oh well, time will tell I guess.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
We gave up a 7th round pick for him. If he can manage to contribute offensively at all without causing goals against, we improved. If not, we lost about as close to nothing as you can in hockey.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We gave up a 7th round pick for him. If he can manage to contribute offensively at all without causing goals against, we improved. If not, we lost about as close to nothing as you can in hockey.

The Sullivan move itself doesn't bother me... it's the moves we've made that look like desperation moves more then anything else.

We knew from the get-go that we were going to have issues trying to score goals after Parise bolted to Minny and Sykora wasn't given a shot to prove that he can do what he did last year.

How can we can go threw a full season whitout rectifying that loss of production is beyond me. We are asking players like Clarkson to play over his head and crossing our fingers that projects like Butler will turn into something solid.

Deals like Loktionov don't happen often. You don't strike gold everytime you move a 5th for a prospect but that's the route we've been using the entire year. We have a aging roster and it would've been fun to see some type of movement by either adding a solid piece, or parting ways with a d-men so that we can add a couple of picks we "gave away" for Poni and D'Ags.

Anyways, what's done is done. I guess we'll have to wait for the draft to see if Lou has something up his sleeve cause whitout a 1st next year, this is probably our only shot at adding a solid forward in the next 2 years or else we'll just have to live with the hopes that Tedenby + Josefson will turn their game around to help us out offensively and Patty won't decline too much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We can always get someone in UFA. Horton PLZ! I hope we can. Lou did a really good job after failure seasons of making the roster better next year. Sometimes it would even involve not bringing back UFA's for too much money. By failure's I mean even first round exits. Some of the contracts were bad, but at least he put in a good effort by signing Rolston and then trading for Arnott. Going out and getting Tallinder and Volchenkov after Paul Martin left. Not that the contracts were particularly great.

In the Summer of 2011 we didn't need to make any moves cause we were getting Parise back, and we ended 10-11 pretty damn good.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We can always get someone in UFA. Horton PLZ! I hope we can. Lou did a really good job after failure seasons of making the roster better next year. Sometimes it would even involve not bringing back UFA's for too much money. By failure's I mean even first round exits. Some of the contracts were bad, but at least he put in a good effort by signing Rolston and then trading for Arnott. Going out and getting Tallinder and Volchenkov after Paul Martin left. Not that the contracts were particularly great.

In the Summer of 2011 we didn't need to make any moves cause we were getting Parise back, and we ended 10-11 pretty damn good.

The UFA market isn't a route I want Lou to take cause it's blown in our face more then once and the market is so thin that odds are we won't be winning any derby anytime soon with the way he operates (aka overpaying a player just to land someone).

By us not having a 1st next year, it trims down our odds of making a move to land a top #6 forward by a heavy margin IMO and we all know that our prospect pool isn't all that intriguing knowing that Lou doesn't want to move a couple of key prospects.

With that said, the only real option is to hope for the best and that's about it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The UFA market isn't a route I want Lou to take cause it's blown in our face more then once and the market is so thin that odds are we won't be winning any derby anytime soon with the way he operates (aka overpaying a player just to land someone).

By us not having a 1st next year, it trims down our odds of making a move to land a top #6 forward by a heavy margin IMO and we all know that our prospect pool isn't all that intriguing knowing that Lou doesn't want to move a couple of key prospects.

With that said, the only real option is to hope for the best and that's about it.

You and many others might disagree, but at this point I'd rather him overpay for Horton than Clarkson. That's how much I've had it with Clarkson.

apice3*

Stop with the Pandolfo blasphemy. That man is the closest thing to a God we have on this Earth.

21852_1232205568671_8182255_n.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Burke was brought in he would bring in all those coaches that follow him around like Carlyle, and probably Francois Allaire too. That means huge blimp goalies in net to come after Marty's done!:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad