Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
now i want boyle to stay in just to play aggravator

i think if we bait them into that style of game, we win

It's not even a baiting them into it thing. It's the NHL playoffs. I expect teams to finish their checks and try to hit harder within the rules. You'd think the Lightning would understand that given their playoff experience. I took a look at their roster and it is definitely on the smaller side up front. I imagine that might give them a bit of a napoleon complex.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It's not even a baiting them into it thing. It's the NHL playoffs. I expect teams to finish their checks and try to hit harder within the rules. You'd think the Lightning would understand that given their playoff experience. I took a look at their roster and it is definitely on the smaller side up front. I imagine that might give them a bit of a napoleon complex.

Well, except for their D. Coburn, Hedman..............

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So who is wearing Chainey's jersey and why can't NJ afford a few extra generic jerseys to have for times like this? Let me guess, Greene and Lovejoy are taking all the extra jerseys so that the team can't get rid of them since they won't have a jersey for any new players and the team had to resort to this?

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
yes, that's why I qualified my post with an "up front". Their D is on the bigger side, but if last game is anything to go by, Hedman is softer than most of the players on the ice.

Ah, i missed that qualifier some how.

Hedman....Except he complains the most. That last regular season game against us he was extremely livid over a very blatant penalty call on him and he couldn't contain himself.

He does have intensity, I give him that (among his other talents).

NJ just needs to keep playing the same game and I think we'll end up all right.

Reactions: My3Sons

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
So who is wearing Chainey's jersey and why can't NJ afford a few extra generic jerseys to have for times like this? Let me guess, Greene and Lovejoy are taking all the extra jerseys so that the team can't get rid of them since they won't have a jersey for any new players and the team had to resort to this?
oh i assumed he meant someone was wearing his number

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So who was the player wearing Chainey’s jersey and why didn’t he have one of his own? :P

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I imagine the discussion going something like this:

Intern: "We do not have any jerseys for this kid at practice today"
Equipment Manager: "look in the back, what spare ones do we have sitting around?"
Intern: "We have a bunch of Henriques, a Chainey, and a dusty Vishnevski jersey"
Equipment Manager: "Give him the Chainey"

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Nothing beats Shaq taking a random guy's Poni jersey.

Shaquille+O+Neal+Florida+Panthers+v+New+Jersey+3yYilep0Gxgl.jpg

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Between Hedman and Sergachev, their D has plenty of crap to pay for.

I'm hoping we take it right to them and initiate retribution right away. We saw how rattled they got when their jimmies got rustled.

Bring it early, and ****ing floor it.
Ryan McWonnothing tried to level Hall late last game too.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nothing beats Shaq taking a random guy's Poni jersey.

Shaquille+O+Neal+Florida+Panthers+v+New+Jersey+3yYilep0Gxgl.jpg
I laughed really hard when this happened.

As soon as he turned around and I saw Ponikarovsky on the back, I couldn't contain my laughter. I remember even Deb was chuckling about him wearing a Ponikarovsky jersey.

I remember seeing 12 and thinking it might have been one of those jerseys that's number represents the year, like how at the 2017 draft they're all wearing #17 jerseys, etc. I thought maybe it was a leftover from 2012. Then he turns around and I see Ponikarovsky, that was ridiculous.

I also remember Shaq having a couple second chat and exchange with Michael Ryder before the puck drop. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad