Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) IV - March to the Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Why not bring Appleby back? See if he can run with it, our ‘18-‘19 backup might already be in the organization.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Everyone hates him but honestly, I might even take a chance on Evander Kane. Think the off-the-ice issues are overblown and he's a great players when he plays. Scores on the 5 on 5 and that's what we desperately needs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Everyone hates him but honestly, I might even take a chance on Evander Kane. Think the off-the-ice issues are overblown and he's a great players when he plays. Scores on the 5 on 5 and that's what we desperately needs.
I think he's probably gonna get a contract that we don't wanna give him. And to trade for him at the deadline, we probably have to give up more than we want to.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Don’t want that cancer here. Be a total waste of assets on a locker room poison.

Anything we would give up for him would be better served elsewhere.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm just going to leave this here....

With Lovejoy:
13-14-5 72 GF (2.25 GPG) 101 GA (3.16 GAPG) -29 differential

Without Lovejoy:
14-4-3 86 GF (4.1 GPG) 58 GA (2.76 GAPG) +28 differential

now, this is not to say I 100% blame him for everything. But interesting numbers nonetheless.

Reactions: Owenay

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

With Lovejoy:

Without Lovejoy:

now, this is not to say I 100% blame him for everything. But interesting numbers nonetheless.

As much as we want to see Lovejoy as the symbol of everything wrong with the team it’s hard to pin wins or losses on him. He has been invisible most games he’s played and only sees protected minutes anyway. I’m thinking the record has more to do with him sitting while the team was playing well at the beginning of the year.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

With Lovejoy:

Without Lovejoy:

It’s weird too because for the most part I haven’t particularly noticed him as being an issue but the numbers don’t lie. There’s no justification for him being in the lineup at this point.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It’s weird too because for the most part I haven’t particularly noticed him as being an issue but the numbers don’t lie. There’s no justification for him being in the lineup at this point.

I didn't have to look at the numbers to see that he's a detriment to the team and we are worse when he's in the lineup.

I question Hynes's will to win when he includes LJ and scratches Mueller.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hopefully the moms are good luck this weekend.

Tomorrow they need to come out flying and pot a few early, Sunday is going to be a tall task with Boston.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
As much as we want to see Lovejoy as the symbol of everything wrong with the team it’s hard to pin wins or losses on him. He has been invisible most games he’s played and only sees protected minutes anyway. I’m thinking the record has more to do with him sitting while the team was playing well at the beginning of the year.

Yeah I think it's more timing than anything else.

Which isn't to say I agree with Lovejoy playing over Santini or Mueller. It's just kind of a numbers game at the moment with 4 LHD and 3 RHD. Unless somebody swaps from left to right, more than likely it'll be a LHD that sits. It's easy to say "just waive Lovejoy" but he hasn't been a complete liability and I don't know if waiving a vet like that just because sends a great message either.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Lovejoy/Mueller aren’t the issue. The bigger problem is that we don’t have the pieces we need on D. We’re missing a top pair D. That would shift everyone down in their role, probably where they should be. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we traded Moore, bought out/traded Lovejoy and traded Santini. That seems like a lot of moves but realistically, we need to improve the top four.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
how would you feel if your kinkaid? you know that your nhl career is probably over after this year and your going to be at best an ahl player. hes gotta feel down

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
how would you feel if your kinkaid? you know that your nhl career is probably over after this year and your going to be at best an ahl player. hes gotta feel down
that's reality

he knows his weaknesses, but he hasn't put those lessons to use. like the 5-hole goal yesterday. he is on record a few days ago as saying he was working on it, but he let's an easy one in, and knew it instantly

the truth doesn't care about feelings, only facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad