Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly what do you guys even expect to get for Henrique?

No team is giving us a younger player of equal or better talent for him. ELC years are way too valuable.

Either we get picks and lesser prospects, which is a tank package. Or we do a hockey trade for someone the same age and equal distance from free agency. So we "overpay" the new guy who Rico? At some point we have to actually give players bigger contracts.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly what do you guys even expect to get for Henrique?

No team is giving us a younger player of equal or better talent for him. ELC years are way too valuable.

Either we get picks and lesser prospects, which is a tank package. Or we do a hockey trade for someone the same age and equal distance from free agency. So we "overpay" the new guy who Rico? At some point we have to actually give players bigger contracts.

I just don't think Henrique is the player we wanna give a big contract to.

It all depends on what he costs though. If it's $6 million per year? No way. Trust me, I think he's gonna get paid for being a perennial 20 goal guy and that 30 goal season. He's already a hell of a lot more proven at actually producing offense than Clarkson was when he was signed a few years back. If we can re-sign him to a deal the Sharks just gave Boedker, that would be more than fine. That's not much of a raise over what he's getting now though, so I doubt he'll come that cheap.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Any chance Sam reinhart gets traded? I read somewhere that he got benched from showing up late for a stretching session and that several players aren't on the same page with disco dan.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't even dislike Henrique, like some people do It's not even that people dislike Henrique, but they usually give him a lot of **** and accuse him of coasting and half assing it. This year was the first year I really thought he looked to be coasting and disinterested. I just don't think he's as good as some of the people obviously do think he is, the ones who accuse him of ghosting. I don't think we need to trade him because he's coasting or lazy or anything like that, which some have implied is a reason they'd like to trade him. I just foresee a really awful UFA contract in 2 years for him.

I could see Shero Jordan Staal'ing him at the draft next year. Offering him a certain number for a new deal and if he turns it down, shipping him off. I don't think he'll bring back a first round pick and a player better than Zajac, like Staal did, obviously. Staal also had the former lottery pick status too.

Any chance Sam reinhart gets traded? I read somewhere that he got benched from showing up late for a stretching session and that several players aren't on the same page with disco dan.

Who knows? Buffalo is becoming a mess at this point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This worry about his next contract is about as overblown as something can be.

Rico is a bit better then a 20/20 player who had a down year. In the right situation he could top out at 30/30. He is on a bad team with poor depth so he is asked to do way more then he should and people get pissed because he isn't that kind of player. He isn't a top line piece, but he is a middle 6 depth piece you need if you ever want to go anywhere in this league.

In the end he will most likely get paid as a 20/20 or 25/25. If we trade him for a couple of 2nd rounders and he goes off to a better team and puts up 60 points and succeeds the entire board will have a damn stroke (and I would bet money that is exactly what happens).

Guys are trying to be too smart for your own good thinking you are somehow going to hoodwink a GM with him. Any trade will either net us draft picks, or some other team's Henrique who we will have to hand out and "overpay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad