Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
ill start it off...

farnham kennedy warsofsky bennett lovejoy

dear shero

please use the offseason to halt the rummaging through the pens trash can for ****s sake

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
ill start it off...

farnham kennedy warsofsky bennett lovejoy

dear shero

please use the offseason to halt the rummaging through the pens trash can

Hynes, Naserdinne.

Though I do like BB.
He can be effective with skilled linemates including a sniper.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
John Moore of the New Jersey Devils is 8th in the NHL among defensemen in goals per game. EIGHTH. Let that sink it.

Burns, Faulk, Karlsson, Weber, Ellis, Green, Hedman are the only defensemen in the NHL with more goals per game.

Behind Moore are Pietrangelo, Josi, Hamilton, Klingberg, Byfuglien, Schultz, Shattenkirk, Subban, Klefbom, OEL, Giordano, Jones.

Some pretty elite company. In addition to that, he had 3 overtime goals last season and has one this year. I am on board for keeping Moore around longterm as a 6/7 defenseman. And by longterm, I mean extending his contract 1-2 more years this summer at an AAV around 1.25. He still has 1 year left on his current deal, eligible for extension on July 1 this summer

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Bennett is not trash. He can be a good depth piece going forward. Farnham was no risk, Warsofsky was no risk, Kennedy was no risk. The only blemish is LJ, at the time everyone thought it was a good signing, not anymore. Maybe he will be better if he moves down the lineup, that means we better improve our blueline this offseason.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Bolded does not belong on this list. Bennett is a good player.

problem is if (when) he's injured you need to replace him with a lesser player.

not a good situation

i do realize that its been a bunch of stop gaps ……but filling those slots with non pens castoffs would make me feel better for some reason

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He has been healthy all year.

He was injured for a brief period of time this season, but this has been a career high in games played. He's already 14 more games this year than his previous NHL career high of 49 in 14-15. So he's missed 18 games this year, but I think he's been a healthy scratch at least 5 times so far.

He didn't play at all between January 20th and February 16th. All star break was for about 3 or 4 days in between there. I think that's when he was injured. So he missed roughly 3 weeks.

I'd give him another chance next year, as he's produced below his previous career norms this season. I'm much more willing to give him another crack than a guy like Josefson.

mamfredo8

Apr 30, 2014
Cologne
Don't see this team going in the right direction. First year of Shero/Hynes was fine, second year is brutal overall (Lovejoy signing, deadline with Prout, Harper, Hynes coaching and his player evaluation).

It will be very hard to watch the Devils in the upcomming season. Shattenkirk and Oshie will not sign with the Devils and we don't have the trade chips to do much in the market.

Will be a match between Arizona, Vancouver, Las Vegas and the Devils for last place next year, especially with Hynes as a coach. It seems to me as if he has lost a part of the room/players.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't see this team going in the right direction. First year of Shero/Hynes was fine, second year is brutal overall (Lovejoy signing, deadline with Prout, Harper, Hynes coaching and his player evaluation).

It will be very hard to watch the Devils in the upcomming season. Shattenkirk and Oshie will not sign with the Devils and we don't have the trade chips to do much in the market.

Will be a match between Arizona, Vancouver, Las Vegas and the Devils for last place next year, especially with Hynes as a coach. It seems to me as if he has lost a part of the room/players.

I don't really think he has lost the room, that's the scary part. I was under the impression of that beforehand, but not anymore. If he had lost the team, I think I'd give him more of the benefit of the doubt.

We do have some trade chips, but if we play like this every night next year, we'll be easily out of it by the deadline again. Long out of it by the deadline again.

As far as Harper goes, that was basically an AHL move. Scarlett had been with the Albany Devils for 4 years and wasn't called up even once during the regular season during that time. It's more than safe to say he had no future with the team. Even if Lou was around, he'd have no future here.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
John Moore of the New Jersey Devils is 8th in the NHL among defensemen in goals per game. EIGHTH. Let that sink it.

Burns, Faulk, Karlsson, Weber, Ellis, Green, Hedman are the only defensemen in the NHL with more goals per game.

Behind Moore are Pietrangelo, Josi, Hamilton, Klingberg, Byfuglien, Schultz, Shattenkirk, Subban, Klefbom, OEL, Giordano, Jones.

Some pretty elite company. In addition to that, he had 3 overtime goals last season and has one this year. I am on board for keeping Moore around longterm as a 6/7 defenseman. And by longterm, I mean extending his contract 1-2 more years this summer at an AAV around 1.25. He still has 1 year left on his current deal, eligible for extension on July 1 this summer

In a vacuum, this is impressive. But that's about it.

John Moore made/makes/will make silly decisions with the puck. Therefore, regardless of his scoring, he'll always be a silly player to me. I don't want silly players in NJ anymore.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
What a solid year Palmieri has put together. 26 goals 53 points in 78 games. I was worried early in the year, but he really turned it around. One of the few bright spots in a terrible year.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Palmieri definitely impressed during the 2nd half of the year.

During the 1st half he couldn't even handle a pass or hit the net, but once he started racking up some goals you could see he was feeling it as he grew more and more confident.

I'd say Zajac had the best 1st half of the year and Palmieri the best 2nd half. Hall had a decent year as well but without disappearing for too long at a time.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
not that it would happen, but what would it take to snag mackinnon? is there even any backing to the claims that he might be moved? i know avs could demand a kings ransom

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
not that it would happen, but what would it take to snag mackinnon? is there even any backing to the claims that he might be moved? i know avs could demand a kings ransom

I'd be floored if they moved MacKinnon.

The ask on Landeskog and Duchene has been a young defenseman with top-pairing status/potential. I'd imagine that's what they'd be looking for with MacK... probably even more.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Since the season is all but over, other than the obvious things, what can Shero do creatively to make the team better?

For instance:
Lovejoy, a Our higher 2nd and Clowe (cap floor purposes) for D man picked by Vegas Dumba/Brodin or similar picked up

Something to Ana for Silfverberg like a Pick(s) and replacement ED player (DSP?)

BTW saw this on CapFriendly
Vegas gets Nuke from Dallas then flips us
V. Nichushkin for Miles Wood
I would not do it, I think Wood has better intangibles

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
BTW saw this on CapFriendly
Vegas gets Nuke from Dallas then flips us
V. Nichushkin for Miles Wood
I would not do it, I think Wood has better intangibles

nukes value is down, way down. i think we could snag him for lesser pieces. what was the knock on him in the NHL? just couldn't produce with quality players?

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
John Moore is a decent interview and pretty smart too. He was on the Devil of a Conversation podcast. Very likable guy, not the typical boring hockey player interview.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ

Lovejoy, Prout, and Harper are not brutal moves.

Trading Filip Forsberg for a dozen games of Martin Erat is brutal. Drafting Dylan McIlrath 10th overall with Fowler and Tarasenko on the board is brutal. The Dustin Brown contract is brutal.

Trading career AHL'er Reece Scarlett for another AHL'er? Getting Prout instead of a 6th rounder for ho-hum stopgap Kyle Quincy? A 3-year $9m contract for Lovejoy? Who cares.

If Shero has made any missteps this season, they've been tiny.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
nukes value is down, way down. i think we could snag him for lesser pieces. what was the knock on him in the NHL? just couldn't produce with quality players?

I think it was a coach/player thing
Lindy Ruff is rough. NO really he is a tough coach and maybe Nuke could not cope. I know he had some issues with adjustment too.

Big guy, but always looked like he had not grown into his frame. Whereas Wood looks like he's come through that.
Tyler Myers looked the same way very early in his career.

If the price was not too much sure, but not expecting much. Now if he got moved to Wash/Mont I am sure he would snap out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad